Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Felt Bayonet 4
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if the baynet fork V4, now available only on the 2014 DA2 will be available as spare and will fit older version of the DA/B2 series frames? (superdave?)

BTW....the fact that nobody is talking anymore about the flat fixed stem for the bayonet 3 is because they are now easy to find or simply because we gave up?

Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Bayonet 4 [themarker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
themarker wrote:
BTW....the fact that nobody is talking anymore about the flat fixed stem for the bayonet 3 is because they are now easy to find or simply because we gave up?

Cheers

I was lucky enough to come across a pro take off, which according to SuperDave will spontaneous combust.

I took some time off complaining about it, but I'm still waiting (4 years and counting from '10).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
themarker wrote:
Does anyone know if the baynet fork V4, now available only on the 2014 DA2 will be available as spare and will fit older version of the DA/B2 series frames? (superdave?)

Cheers

The Bayonet4 will not be offered as an aftermarket upgrade for older DA models. It wouldn't fit the older B2 frames at all as the shape is totally different.

The flat fixed stems have not been released for aftermarket sale.

-Dave

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Bayonet 4 [oceanlife] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oceanlife wrote:
themarker wrote:

Cheers

I was lucky enough to come across a pro take off, which according to SuperDave will spontaneous combust.
I took some time off complaining about it, but I'm still waiting (4 years and counting from '10).

I don't recall saying it would combust. The stem you have does not fit our latest Bayonet carbon handlebars. The stem you are riding on fails fatigue testing so we decided against bringing that design to market.

-Dave

Quote Reply
Re: Felt Bayonet 4 [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So the Bayonet 4 won't be an aftermarket item, but......it will fit on 2013/12/11 Felt DA of the same size?
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Bayonet 4 [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
prattzc wrote:
So the Bayonet 4 won't be an aftermarket item, but......it will fit on 2013/12/11 Felt DA of the same size?

Yes, but to use the new fork you'll need the new stem with internal cable routing or run the B4 fork without the brake cover.

-Dave

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But once again there is no flat stem for bayonet 4 yet in production right?
Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
themarker wrote:
But once again there is no flat stem for bayonet 4 yet in production right?
Thanks

No, every size of the DA2 comes with both the 70mmL x 30mmY and 90mmL x 0mmY stems.
-SD
#SayNiceThings

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Dave as always for the support, i was just curious since apparently there is no picture around the internet of a DA2 with a flat (90mmL x 0mmY) stem!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are there other stem sizes now available for the bayonet 4?
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Bayonet 4 [cwhyte] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cwhyte wrote:

the bike comes with both the 30mm rise and 0mm rise stems in 70 and 90mm length. what size did you need?

-Dave

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:
cwhyte wrote:

the bike comes with both the 30mm rise and 0mm rise stems in 70 and 90mm length. what size did you need?

-Dave

Not sure, but I can envision the possibility of wanting to change the rise without changing the length.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cwhyte wrote:
SuperDave wrote:
cwhyte wrote:

-Dave

Not sure, but I can envision the possibility of wanting to change the rise without changing the length.

We cannot make a 70mm x 0mm because the clamping mechanism of the fork would interfere/overlap with the clamping mechanism of the handlebar.
Of course you can just move the arm rests and extensions back 2cm and cut the ends of the base bar 2cm at the brake levers to "create" the same position a 7cm would give you. The Bayonet3 bars are designed with huge "X" fit range in mind.

-SD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:
cwhyte wrote:
SuperDave wrote:
cwhyte wrote:

-Dave

We cannot make a 70mm x 0mm because the clamping mechanism of the fork would interfere/overlap with the clamping mechanism of the handlebar.
Of course you can just move the arm rests and extensions back 2cm and cut the ends of the base bar 2cm at the brake levers to "create" the same position a 7cm would give you. The Bayonet3 bars are designed with huge "X" fit range in mind.

-SD

I was actually thinking more of a 90x30. I just got a 2014 DA2 and it currently has the 90x0, and I'm playing with the fit myself before I consider a fit session. So far, I think the stem length is good, but I may want to raise it some. I currently have 20mm spacers for the aero bars and I guess I can go to 30 or 40 to raise those, but that creates a larger drop to the base bar...which may be fine...not sure. I know you can flip the whole base bar over to create more rise at the ends/brakes, but not sure I'd want to go through that trouble and I doubt I'd like the look. The aero bars also seem to be a little short with the DI2 setup. I'm not sure if they were cut before being sold to me or what, but I don't think my arm length is particularly long (about 18" from fingertips to elbow). I'm very new to tri bikes and terminology, so I'm not sure how clear my comments are. I do love the massive adjustability of the Bayonet 3/ Devox setup.
Last edited by: cwhyte: Sep 1, 14 16:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cwhyte wrote:
SuperDave wrote:
cwhyte wrote:
SuperDave wrote:
cwhyte wrote:

-Dave

-SD

I was actually thinking more of a 90x30. I just got a 2014 DA2 and it currently has the 90x0, and I'm playing with the fit myself before I consider a fit session. So far, I think the stem length is good, but I may want to raise it some. I currently have 20mm spacers for the aero bars and I guess I can go to 30 or 40 to raise those, but that creates a larger drop to the base bar...which may be fine...not sure. I know you can flip the whole base bar over to create more rise at the ends/brakes, but not sure I'd want to go through that trouble and I doubt I'd like the look. The aero bars also seem to be a little short with the DI2 setup. I'm not sure if they were cut before being sold to me or what, but I don't think my arm length is particularly long (about 18" from fingertips to elbow). I'm very new to tri bikes and terminology, so I'm not sure how clear my comments are. I do love the massive adjustability of the Bayonet 3/ Devox setup.

Flip the base bar over so you get the rise from the bar without adding any additional frontal area. The bar is 100% symmetric as is the case with all our Bayonet handlebars.

-SD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:
cwhyte wrote:
SuperDave wrote:
cwhyte wrote:
SuperDave wrote:
cwhyte wrote:

-Dave

-SD

Flip the base bar over so you get the rise from the bar without adding any additional frontal area. The bar is 100% symmetric as is the case with all our Bayonet handlebars.

-SD

2015 DA with Textreme carbon fiber improves the 2014 DA in what ways (grams, stiffness) and same question for the AR FRD versus AR 2???

Seriously looking at purchasing 2 Felts but weighing the relative merits of 2014 DA vs 2015 and the 2015s AR FRD vs 2.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Bayonet 4 [xntrickly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2015 DA with Textreme carbon fiber improves the 2014 DA in what ways (grams, stiffness) and same question for the AR FRD versus AR 2???
Seriously looking at purchasing 2 Felts but weighing the relative merits of 2014 DA vs 2015 and the 2015s AR FRD vs 2.
Thanks.[/quote]
The TeXtreme on the DA1 in 2015 improves impact damage resistance and shaves ~75g from the 54cm frame weight. You also get the new VR module in the seatpost for a more comfortable ride. Stiffness and aerodynamics are kept the same as the 2014 DA2.

The AR FRD is both stiffer and lighter than the AR2. This is the only example where the premium frame is made to be stiffer than our other lower grade lay ups. The AR FRD was made to the same stiffness requirements as our F FRD. The AR2 is no slouch though as it's been proven with 20+ professional wins this year most of them coming in criteriums where stiffness is crucial for all the 25-35 mph accelerations repeated over and over lap after lap. The VR module is included in the AR2 as well and while it adds a few grams, it does improve the seated ride compliance.

If I were honest, the DA1 and AR2 would be the way to go for most consumers. If you're the kind of guy that has to have the best of everything, the DA1 frameset with some Di2 shifting components and the AR FRD bike are for you.

The wind doesn't know how much money you spent but it does know if you settled on a slower frame from another manufacturer.

-SD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:
Thanks.

The TeXtreme on the DA1 in 2015 improves impact damage resistance and shaves ~75g from the 54cm frame weight. You also get the new VR module in the seatpost for a more comfortable ride. Stiffness and aerodynamics are kept the same as the 2014 DA2.

The AR FRD is both stiffer and lighter than the AR2. This is the only example where the premium frame is made to be stiffer than our other lower grade lay ups. The AR FRD was made to the same stiffness requirements as our F FRD. The AR2 is no slouch though as it's been proven with 20+ professional wins this year most of them coming in criteriums where stiffness is crucial for all the 25-35 mph accelerations repeated over and over lap after lap. The VR module is included in the AR2 as well and while it adds a few grams, it does improve the seated ride compliance.

If I were honest, the DA1 and AR2 would be the way to go for most consumers. If you're the kind of guy that has to have the best of everything, the DA1 frameset with some Di2 shifting components and the AR FRD bike are for you.

The wind doesn't know how much money you spent but it does know if you settled on a slower frame from another manufacturer.

-SD[/quote]

Thanks so much for the response SD.

Much appreciated. One last request and I have searched... is there tunnel data on the DA with the bayonet fork compared to other super bikes (other than the IA)??? Just not finding it.

Cheers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:
Thanks.

-SD[/quote]

Thanks again for the help on this. Went in to look at ordering and came away scratching my head... the AR FRD is electronic only? No conversion kit if you do want to run mechanical or am I mistaken? Regarding the tt bike, the DA is listed as mechanical compatible but I don't see the same for the AR FRD?? The AR2 is mechanical compatible so if I went with that are we talking about 100 grams difference compared to the AR FRD? Finally, any data on the DA with the bayonet integrated front brake?

Thanks again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SuperDave, has Felt published assembly instructions for the Bayonet 4? Don't see any on the website, like there are for the 1, 2 and 3 versions. Headset is loosened slightly, and the assembly order / torque values aren't evident.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Bayonet 4 [deh20] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
deh20 wrote:
SuperDave, has Felt published assembly instructions for the Bayonet 4? Don't see any on the website, like there are for the 1, 2 and 3 versions. Headset is loosened slightly, and the assembly order / torque values aren't evident.

Just follow the Bayonet3 assembly values. The headset and affixing points are the same.

-Dave

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:
deh20 wrote:

Just follow the Bayonet3 assembly values. The headset and affixing points are the same.

-Dave

Sure enough. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi , Dave
Sorry for reviving this thread.
Is the new Bayonet 4 sleek aerobar available on its own?

http://www.tririg.com/galleries.php?id=2013_08_Felt_IA_Launch&num=27

Its a very special request since I'm intending to go for The Hour Record Attempt this year.
The chances are that my predicted speeds will be around 56 kph, and that would require a slimm frontal aera.
Since the frame of choice is Cannondale Slice Rs , I hope you'd understand.
Can you do anything towards getting one?
Cheers Dave,

Jo

(https://www.facebook.com/...miUciWorldRecord2015)
Quote Reply