Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

fiitbit Force and RoadID hack
Quote | Reply
The fitbit clasp stinks. The RoadID Elite clasp is great. Like peanut butter and chocolate.

Now, I always have my road ID info on me too. I have a separate RoadID for time I don't want to wear the tracker. It is not a perfect fit- tight squeeze- but it works WAY better than the fitbit clasp.
Quote Reply
Re: fiitbit Force and RoadID hack [amb18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the idea of merging the two. Which road id do you have, and how did you combine the two? thanks
Quote Reply
Re: fiitbit Force and RoadID hack [The Kraut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RoadID Elite. The clasp from the RoadID Elite will, if forced a little, fit the band of the fitbit Force. Same goes for the ID badge. You will have to cut the Force band... so be careful measuring, and if in doubt, cut too long.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't see anything through that hair! Wtf talk about free speed, shave!

"Base training is bull shit" - desertdude
Quote Reply
Re: fiitbit Force and RoadID hack [thirstygreek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When you're one click from sasquach, like me, you'd spend more time shaving than riding. It's just not worth it.
Quote Reply
Re: fiitbit Force and RoadID hack [rijndael] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting this amb - I've had the same roadid as you (the Elite I think?) for 3 years and received the fitbit force for Christmas. Loved the clasp of the roadid but did not like the fitibt at all. Found your post, did the same, and now it's the perfect combination. Only issue I had was my id tag was just too tight, even in a vice with needlenose pliers. Ended up using a flat-head screwdriver to open it up just a little and it fits really snug now. Have been wearing the combo the last few days and its awesome! Thanks!
Last edited by: PETRO: Jan 17, 14 11:10
Quote Reply
Re: fiitbit Force and RoadID hack [PETRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad you like! I had to open up my RoadID badge a little with a flathead screwdriver too. IMO, fitbit should ship with this clasp instead of the POS thing it comes with.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
@amb that band is sick!! Nice work
Quote Reply
Re: fiitbit Force and RoadID hack [Bitbelt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude that one kills, I ordered one a little less invasive called a bitbelt.

Quote Reply
Re: fiitbit Force and RoadID hack [roosterp20] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I fully recognize that this is a long dead thread, but I'm curious if anyone has had similar luck with some of the newer model activity trackers. I'm specifically looking at getting a Fitbit Charge or Charge HR and want to avoid having 2 bands on one arm.

I've been wearing the Garmin VivoActive, but started developing skin irritation (likely related to the charging port on the underside). I also like being able to wear a fashion watch occasionally, typically when I'm wearing work clothes. I tried a FitBit One, but found that I kept forgetting it on the previous day's clothes.

TLDR; Need to ditch the smart-watch style tracker but want to keep one wrist-band on the other arm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hacks are the best. Great job. just saw where you can get a id band that fits the flex and the charge /charge HR for good bit less than the road id tags. Check it out thefitid.com I ordered mine to fit the flex which I wear all the time.
Quote Reply