Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Disneyworld 2 weeks before first IM? [bt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone mentioned Lucky's Lake Swim?

It's a little north of WDW closer to Universal, but if you have a car, it's a good option:

http://www.luckyslakeswim.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Disneyworld 2 weeks before first IM? [Jim01] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got back from Disney a week ago. We did 3 days at the parks and 3 days by the resort pool. My Ironman is not until the end of June this year so I am not in the same boat as you. I will be honest that I was beat after driving down there from NH and walking around all day at the parks can beat on you. I only did three workouts down there and just lived with it. After driving home from Orlando to NH I felt beat again for a day or so. Another thing is being in the car that long everything was super tight. I think you can do the Ironman no problem but stay on top of hydration/nutrition and sit down when you can. Also, like others said, enjoy the trip and your family. Your fitness will already be in the bank at that point and I really don't think you will lose any.
Quote Reply
Re: Disneyworld 2 weeks before first IM? [tribuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, being that it will be week 1 of my 2 week taper I am not too concerned with getting my workouts in. As they say, they hay is in the barn at that point. Just going to try and get in a couple small workouts to stay lose and focus on hydration and stretching.
Quote Reply
Re: Disneyworld 2 weeks before first IM? [Jim01] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FWIW, if you guys want to hit Disney and Universal I highly suggest staying at the Drury Inn and Suites at the corner of Sandlake and Turkeylake road. It's in a nice part of town, only a minute from Universal, right on what us locals call "restaurant row", about a ten minute shuttle ride from Disney, a ten minute shuttle ride from Sea World, and just across I-4 from I-Drive.

The YMCA aquatic center on I-Drive (2min drive) is also a great place to get in a swim OR you could swim at Lucky's Lake which is only about a mile away from your hotel. Bonus: there's a Whole Foods across the street.
Quote Reply

Prev Next