Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Evade vs Air Attack [dannyh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would guess this is because the Air Attack was first to market - if you wanted an aero road helmet, it was the only game in town. I got one back in Feb or Mar when they came out, but now have a Course and Evade and the Air Attack will be going to agood home once CX season is over. But others may not be so quick to switch. After all, it seems every day something new comes out that is or purports to be faster. Unless you have limitless funds, you have to pick and choose among upgrades.

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Re: Evade vs Air Attack [NeverEnough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where are you folks finding this helmet? I'm in the Southeast. I've contacted several Specialized dealers, including a concept store, and they say it's not yet available (as does the Specialized website).
Quote Reply
Re: Evade vs Air Attack [bobby11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My LBS (Fraser Bicycle) has had them since the end of August.

Fraser Bicycle | First Endurance

Check out my blog here | Twitter:@tmalis3
Quote Reply
Re: Evade vs Air Attack [bobby11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bobby11 wrote:
Where are you folks finding this helmet? I'm in the Southeast. I've contacted several Specialized dealers, including a concept store, and they say it's not yet available (as does the Specialized website).

You haven't contacted me, obviously.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got a Course through Performance and the helmet just didn't fit my head correctly. The Air Attack fits me better and feels more comfortable so I'm going with that. Aero data might say it's not as fast - but I got it so I could train and not wear my aero helmet. I'll be using a "regular" aero helmet for races anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: Evade vs Air Attack [SurfingLamb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know a shop that has every size in matte black. Willing to ship. PM me for details.
Quote Reply
Re: Evade vs Air Attack [whollins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's been some time since we this thread was updated. Has there been a consensus as to which helmet is faster? I have an air attack and would like to get the Evade.
Quote Reply
Re: Evade vs Air Attack [hwangnyc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There was another thread about a year ago which showed the Course was faster than the Attack and the Evade was a tiny bit faster than the Course. BTW - I have or had all 3.

I kept the Course for training & group rides and use the Evade for the Tri bike. I'm very happy with both. I'm not intending to be crass but when i see someone with the Attack (and especially with the shield on) I know they believe they should sweat profusely and have limited visibility because they are working so hard or they have not yet experienced those issues or the shield flying off yet.

Bottom Line - The Air Attack was cool when it 1st came out but has been substantially eclipsed by both the Course & Evade.

-Danny
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the input Danny - Kinda have some harsh about the Air Attack. I have one with the shield and haven't had any issues with the cooling or visibility or ever had to worry about it flying off for that matter. Truth is, I'm kinda sad at the idea of losing the shield by going to the Evade. I hate the idea of losing free speed though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Next question will be how does the new Bontrager Ballista compare to the Evade but I bet the data on that will be a long time coming.

Speed aside, maybe they look better in person but the Ballista looks too much like a $10 walmart helmet to me. I know that's what everyone said when the Air Attack came out, and it was true then as well.
Quote Reply

Prev Next