Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [tri-run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe they said they credited you for those, and you should reorder them.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [dcohen24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you think that the new one are already online? The pics seem to be the same so if I order again I'm not sure I will get the right one

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [davews09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, that link is not working to your picture with the fuelseage on the felt ia. Can you post another one that shows this?

Insta: Trihennessy - Out Rival Racing Elite Team
- Roka - WattieInk - NormaTec - QUINTANA ROO - Profile Design - Pioneer - Gatorade Endurance
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [Hennessyr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check out this link

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Felt_IA_CalPac_to_Shiv_Fuelselage_Customization_P5426788/

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Last edited by: PushThePace: Mar 30, 16 12:16
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [PushThePace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So i looked through both. The link to the images of the fuelceloge going on top of the calpack cover did work... http://imgur.com/a/pemPN that link.

Is there a way to post those pictures again?

Insta: Trihennessy - Out Rival Racing Elite Team
- Roka - WattieInk - NormaTec - QUINTANA ROO - Profile Design - Pioneer - Gatorade Endurance
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave, first thanks for continuing to answer questions well past your Felt exit...very cool of you.

Second, I am replacing my BB30 bearing on my IA FRD. Am I good with just grease at install or Loctite 609?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anthonypat wrote:
Dave, first thanks for continuing to answer questions well past your Felt exit...very cool of you.

Second, I am replacing my BB30 bearing on my IA FRD. Am I good with just grease at install or Loctite 609?

Thanks!

I wish I knew how to quit you, Slowtwitch.
Use grease to aid installation. If the bearing bore was damaged Loctite can fix poor tolerance/sloppy fit but it is not needed if everything is as it should be.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:
anthonypat wrote:

Thanks!

I wish I knew how to quit you, Slowtwitch.
Use grease to aid installation. If the bearing bore was damaged Loctite can fix poor tolerance/sloppy fit but it is not needed if everything is as it should be.

-SD

aye, she's a harsh mistress : 0\

Thanks SD!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:
No, it needs to be externally mounted per SRAM to get a reliable signal. There will be a blip box mount for the IA as an add on option soon.

SD

Surprised to read this now, as I stuck my blip box in the Calpac and, so far, it works faultlessly...

Question for Dave, or any of the more experienced owners...

I'm finding that when giving a big effort, holding the base bar, the steering can get very twitchy! I guess it's down to the short length of the IA1's stem.
I'm thinking of buying the TriRig Sigma stem, or even the entire Alpha X aerobat set up. Are these my only options, to calm the front and also give a little more reach adjustment.

Currently running 25mm Conti clinchers on an 808 FC and a Super 9 CC disc. What would the optimum tyre size be?

Cheers, guys...
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [hopper1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hopper1 wrote:
SuperDave wrote:
No, it needs to be externally mounted per SRAM to get a reliable signal. There will be a blip box mount for the IA as an add on option soon.

SD

Surprised to read this now, as I stuck my blip box in the Calpac and, so far, it works faultlessly...

Question for Dave, or any of the more experienced owners...

I'm finding that when giving a big effort, holding the base bar, the steering can get very twitchy! I guess it's down to the short length of the IA1's stem.
I'm thinking of buying the TriRig Sigma stem, or even the entire Alpha X aerobat set up. Are these my only options, to calm the front and also give a little more reach adjustment.

Currently running 25mm Conti clinchers on an 808 FC and a Super 9 CC disc. What would the optimum tyre size be?

Cheers, guys...

There is no "stem" per se. If you're concerned about weight bias do you think a longer cockpit with more reach up front is going to "calm" the steering? I'm curious how you think that works. The IA was developed with a slacker head angle and more fork offset from a traditional TT bike. This improves the straight line nature of the bike. The effect of the geo allows the front end to remain "light" and not heavy to turn the bars left to right, a common issue with the mass off a TT cockpit with all the accessories. The effect of turning the bars left to right has a diminished effect on directional change however.

Try this, hold the basebar with just your thumbs over the front and the palms resting on the back/top of the bar, not on the brake lever area. Then slide all the way forward with the palm of your hands on the very end of the bar at the brake lever area.

Without any pictures for reference I suspect you're describing a feeling that will be worsened by more weight on the front.

25mm Conti clinchers are no optimum for those wheels in terms of aerodynamics. What "optimal" condition are you looking for?
-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Dave,

The twitchy front may well be exaggerated by the amount of 'drop' I have from saddle to bars +/- 200mm.
Another reason for my thought on the trig stem is that currently my pad clamp centre is 40mm infront of the extension clamp. Which besides looking a little unusual, dramatically reduces the length of the 'f' bar.
The tyre size question was with regard to aero properties/ comfort. I realise 22mm is probably best, but prefer the ride of the 25's...
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [hopper1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hopper1 wrote:
Hi Dave,

The twitchy front may well be exaggerated by the amount of 'drop' I have from saddle to bars +/- 200mm.
Another reason for my thought on the trig stem is that currently my pad clamp centre is 40mm infront of the extension clamp. Which besides looking a little unusual, dramatically reduces the length of the 'f' bar.
The tyre size question was with regard to aero properties/ comfort. I realise 22mm is probably best, but prefer the ride of the 25's...

If you have the clamp 40 mm in front of the extension mount it sounds like your frame is too small. I had this problem on my old bike. It was a Specialized transition in size L where I had the seat tube very high (above maximum). And a long (120mm stem). My seat height was 823 mm from BB to center of saddle (diagonal dimension) and tip of saddle (ISM) 20mm behind BB. The short front center of that bike (602mm) with the long stem gave me a bike that was very slow to react initially due to the long stem but as soon as I started turning it felt like the bike was falling into the turn in a not very nice way.

Personal best:
Ironman 9:22:02
Ironman 70.3 4:20:00
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA stock builds vs Frameset availability [tdalias] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bit of a blast from the past, but does anyone know the best way to mount the extensions under the bars and have the rests in front of the bars mounted on the extensions, failing that should I have bolts long enough to mount the extensions and the rests through the same set of holes?
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA stock builds vs Frameset availability [SoliD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,
I can't view this to check, as I'm on my works PC, but this link should show the relevant diagram ;)
https://www.feltbicycles.com/Resources/Manuals/2015_IA_Owners_Manual.pdf

Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA stock builds vs Frameset availability [hopper1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, unfortunately doesn't show any way to mount the extensions under the base bar with armrests up top.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [gtstang02] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you please show me (and or supply pics) how you mounted the arm pads to the base bar?!?
Quote Reply

Prev Next