Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Flo 30 Wheelset First Impressions [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
coates_hbk wrote:
Ok lads any other tires that are fast and got decent puncture protection other than the gp4000s? I have tried, even my local bike shop gave it a go and we couldn't get it done, we have snapped about 5 levers. No probs with other flo wheels just the 30's!

I've got two Flo 30's with GP4000's. I had to keep centering the bead on the rim as I put the tire on to relieve some stress in the bead. Then use the lever towards one side or the other - not in the middle.
Quote Reply
Re: Flo 30 Wheelset First Impressions [Canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I just bent my rear bontrager race tlr wheel yesterday after hitting something. Need to pickup up a new rear wheel and thinking about a Flo 30. Funny thing is, almost 3 years ago when I got my new bike (went to 11 speed), I tried to buy some flo 30s on one of the orders but I wasn't fast enough.

I'm in between picking up just another bontrager race tlr/tlr lite rear wheel or get a set of flo 30s. Those of you that have had the flos for a while now, how have they been holding up?

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Flo 30 Wheelset First Impressions [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been riding a set for a couple years and they are still fine. The only thing, that bothers some people, is that the annodizing wears off on the brake track. Not a huge issue unless you have an unhealthy concern about the appearance of your bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Flo 30 Wheelset First Impressions [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I got my set of flo 30s last week and rode them over the weekend. I'm getting a pulsing feeling when I brake. It's not a consistent braking force as I felt like I was being jerked forward and back. I adjusted my brakes beforehand and angled the pads to be parallel with the angled brake track. I'm running Shimano pads on a speed concept 9 series.

Anyone notice this on their wheels?

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, I had it at first too, it went away. I suspect it was the uneven wear on the anodized brake surface.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
So I got my set of flo 30s last week and rode them over the weekend. I'm getting a pulsing feeling when I brake. It's not a consistent braking force as I felt like I was being jerked forward and back. I adjusted my brakes beforehand and angled the pads to be parallel with the angled brake track. I'm running Shimano pads on a speed concept 9 series.

Anyone notice this on their wheels?

Send me a private message, or send us a note on our contact page on our website if you don't fix this. I'll give you a hand sorting it out.

Take care,

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply

Prev Next