Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Zipp Vuka Stealth [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I'm going to check it out tonight to see if I can do it.

jackmott wrote:
Brytcyd wrote:
I've got the P2, so it's just mechanical. Might have to look and see if I can fit that rear cable into the frame as well, similar to this hydraulic Magura setup. Might not be worth much aero-wise, particularly with the nice Vuka cable routing, but it'd sure look nicer...

You can do it with mechanical too, but it is a bit trickier and may negatively affect the feel of the rear brake a bit
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Stealth [waitebe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What head tube angle have these been designed for, and are shims available for differant bike geometries?
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Stealth [HowMuchLonger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The internet/brand sites can be extremely helpful.

http://www.zipp.com/bars/vuka-stealth/#

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
73° but it is fine on anything from 71°-75°. 2° of pitch different doesn't penalize from an aero standpoint and the armrests/extensions can be rotated to be horizontal to the world.
No shims for different head tubes because the clamp is just 1 1/8".

Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Stealth [Taylorman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
is the bottle cage used with Speedfil A2 Stem Mount (http://www.invisciddesign.com/StemMnt-video.htm)?
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Stealth [bootsie_cat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bootsie_cat wrote:
Is extension width adjustable on these bars?

Yes, ALOT or adjustment
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Stealth [waitebe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Waitebe,

Im waiting for my vuka stealth to come in the mail any day now. I was looking at the manuals and I see that the stem clamp should be torqued to 6Nm, but my fork manual says "Tighten the greased stem bolt(s) to the steerer using a torque wrench. Tighten the bolts to a maximum of 5Nm or the stem manufacturer’s maximum rated torque, whichever is lowest." What do you recommend I do?

Thanks,

Zipp manual:
http://zipp.com/_media/pdfs/manuals/95-6618-004-000-REV-B-Vuka-Stealth.pdf

Cervelo Fork manual:
http://www.cervelo.com/media/docs/Cervelo-Fork-Manual-60e57149-4987-499b-b9d7-908a4aa9c091-0.pdf
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Stealth [PacoExpress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5Nm will be fine. That's all I tighten mine to.

Just follow what it says in the manual - "Tighten the bolts to a maximum of 5Nm or the stem manufacturer’s maximum rated torque, whichever is lowest."

But 5Nm will hold plenty tight if that is your concern.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Last edited by: Rappstar: Jun 4, 15 17:47
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Stealth [PacoExpress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go by what Jordan said. He is a wise man.

Quote | Reply
Thank you (and Jordan). I know I kind of answered my own question while I was read-checking my post before posting it, but wanted to double check and make sure I wasnt interpreting the wording in the manual incorrectly, gotta be extra careful with carbon fiber parts :)
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Stealth [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, I'm a dumbass. I've had the Zipp Vuka Stealth for almost two years and have been really happy with the bar. I would like to experiment with angling my arm extensions upwards. I understand that they can be adjusted between +/-6 degrees. WTH can I not figure out how to do this? It's probably like two bolts. Must get more caffeine.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Stealth [Scott_B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its the two bolts that are accessed on the underside of the base bar that holds the extensions in place.

Loosed the bolt towards the front of the bike and tighten the bolt towards the back of the bike. Repeat on the the two bolts on the other extension.

Or don't hell if I know if it isn't faster to not have both extensions in the same horizontal plane.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Stealth [tri-tele] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. That did the trick. I have angled the extensions on my dedicated trainer bike and find it more comfortable so figured I would try the same on my outdoor bike. There has been a lot of recent talk on slowtwitch about the aero benefits of angling the extensions upright.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Stealth [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Dug up this thread searching for help with my Vukas. The specs state the extensions can be angled up (6 degrees, IIRC). Any idea how to do this? The "instruction manual" isn't much help.

Scott

Edit: never mind. I see the answer directly above. How did I miss that!
Last edited by: GreatScott: Sep 13, 16 19:34
Quote Reply

Prev Next