Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Pearl Izumi Octane tri suit [MFConlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MFConlon wrote:
Any one else have chaffing issues with the suit on the swim? I wore mine at challenge AC and nearly had to stop swimming. My neck and both under arms had pretty deep cuts from it. I didn't put body glide on, I've never had to with any other tri suit
I swam Galveston with it zipped up under a wetsuit and forgot body glide. It took two weeks for the chafing to heal, in the same place you mentioned. I still have some scarring. I've since done an olympic and another half without issue - unzipped under a wetsuit with plenty of body glide. I'm not sure what I'll do if wetsuits are prohibited at my next race; perhaps I'll take a chance and swim with it zipped up. I'll be sure to lube up.

Support cancer research with the world's longest annual charity bike ride.
Texas 4000 for Cancer
Austin, TX to Anchorage, Alaska
http://texas4000.org/
Quote Reply
Re: Pearl Izumi Octane tri suit [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Octane and am trying to decide if I should use it for tomorrows race. It's a sprint distance. Any ballpark on it's benefits over a shorter distance race? I'm fairly certain it will be a wetsuit legal race with temps in the mid to upper 70's during the run.

My alternative is a very well fitting two piece LG kit.

Thoughts? I know it's a personal decision, but looking for others thoughts.

As far as fit, I'm 5'7 135 and the suit fits me tight everywhere but the upper arms. There are def some wrinkles.

Quote Reply
Re: Pearl Izumi Octane tri suit [boostedcvc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aero matters in all races...
Quote Reply
Re: Pearl Izumi Octane tri suit [PeteDin206] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
true

Quote Reply
Re: Pearl Izumi Octane tri suit [Jayhox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jayhox wrote:
Wore mine in the Kansas 70.3 and loved it. I am 5'-11" and 153 with a 30" waist and 39" chest. Mine is a medium.

Thanks for this. I'm just very slightly larger than you in every dimension and was wondering how the medium vs small might fit me(6'0.25", 158, 40" chest). Think I will go medium for run comfort.

Yikes just saw your sig. M-I-Z ; )
Quote Reply
Re: Pearl Izumi Octane tri suit [PeteDin206] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I swam with mine under my wetsuit at IM CdA two weeks ago, then again yesterday at a sprint in Iowa without the wetsuit. I didn't have any issues either time, not so much as slightly abraded skin anywhere on my body.

One thought would be that you might have a sizing issue. For what it's worth, I'm 6'1" and about 170 and I wear a medium. The suit is actually, and this is surprising to me, a little too big. I'm not as aero as I could be on the bike, and I know it causes drag on the swim. That said, I got it for $135 shipped through Sierra Trading Post, and I'd do it again in a second.

Cheers -

-- Jake
Quote Reply
Re: Pearl Izumi Octane tri suit [Brytcyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brytcyd wrote:
I swam with mine under my wetsuit at IM CdA two weeks ago, then again yesterday at a sprint in Iowa without the wetsuit. I didn't have any issues either time, not so much as slightly abraded skin anywhere on my body.

One thought would be that you might have a sizing issue. For what it's worth, I'm 6'1" and about 170 and I wear a medium. The suit is actually, and this is surprising to me, a little too big. I'm not as aero as I could be on the bike, and I know it causes drag on the swim. That said, I got it for $135 shipped through Sierra Trading Post, and I'd do it again in a second.

Cheers -

-- Jake

6'0 165 for me and I agree, has to do with the fit. I have a broad chest and shoulders so upper body wise the medium fits tight to the skin. Which I believed is how it should be, for the bike at least.
Quote Reply
Re: Pearl Izumi Octane tri suit [MFConlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I get it, loud and clear: I need to swim more :)

MFConlon wrote:
Brytcyd wrote:

Cheers -

-- Jake

6'0 165 for me and I agree, has to do with the fit. I have a broad chest and shoulders so upper body wise the medium fits tight to the skin. Which I believed is how it should be, for the bike at least.
Quote Reply
Re: Pearl Izumi Octane tri suit [Brytcyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How are all of you washing this suit? I tried it for the first time on the bike yesterday and loved it. It did feel like I need to lube up better but it was fast and much more comfortable than my old Desoto one piece suit. I don't see any problem running with it and I'll wait until my next sprint race to try it swimming. I'm 6'0 and 167lbs and I got a medium

So back to washing; i threw it in the wash but this morning my wife pulled it out and said that she would hand wash it. Sounds like too much trouble. How are you washing it?

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Pearl Izumi Octane tri suit [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just put it on the delicate cycle (or whatever that is called) with cold water.
Quote Reply
Re: Pearl Izumi Octane tri suit [badgertri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anybody know where to get a good deal on a small red and black?

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Pearl Izumi Octane tri suit [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.amazon.com/...arl+izumi+octane+tri

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Pearl Izumi Octane tri suit [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Decent price $202, was hoping to find something like the Sierra Trading Post deal for ~$150
BryanD wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/Pearl-Izumi-Octane-Black-Medium/dp/B004EPY4X6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407105972&sr=8-1&keywords=pearl+izumi+octane+tri

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Pearl Izumi Octane tri suit [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JackStraw13 wrote:
Anybody know where to get a good deal on a small red and black?

Anyone know where to get a small red and black, period?

The new color scheme for the successor suit is hideous.
Quote Reply

Prev Next