Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Rollers? [tri2112] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pairing E-Motion rollers with a powermeter is a great way to train indoors! We're happy that you're enjoying yours :)
Quote Reply
Re: Rollers? [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is excellent advice. E-Motion rollers have what we call "Free Motion Technology", which is essentially a floating frame that moves along with the natural movement of your bike as you pedal. That, along with some unique bumper bars and crafty bumper wheels make riding them quite a bit easier than regular rollers, and offers a way to do hard efforts - in a way that tradition rollers do not.

www.insideride.com/features explains a bit more, if you want to learn more! :)
Quote Reply
Re: Rollers? [Dave_Ryan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Dave, thanks for sharing your experience! It's awesome to know that you're enjoying your E-Motion rollers... we often hear how "hard" it is to go back to a plain old trainer once people start riding them. We're currently working on a wireless resistance unit that will be compatible with ANT+, Bluetooth, and smartphone apps. http://www.insideride.com/wireless/ Happy training!
Quote Reply
Re: Rollers? [GONE4ARIDE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
4 - 5 hours, that's awesome!
Quote Reply
Re: Rollers? [bsherman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Bsherman,

Riding the tri bike on the rollers might be a bit more difficult than the road bike during the first few minutes (as it is on the road, because of the nature of the geometry and position), but on E-Motion rollers once you get the hang of it, riding the tri bike becomes nearly as easy as on the road. The extra bonus is that afterwards you will be even better at controlling your rig on the pavement. Being able to do tempo, threshold, and even all-out efforts on the E-Motion rollers is what sets them apart from the others. www.insideride.com/features. (If you want to see a really neat video, check out pro IronMan Dave Mirra's Instagram shot here - this guy is rocking! http://instagram.com/...jPXKPY0R/?modal=true)
Quote Reply
Re: Rollers? [flashroy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rollers? No.
But inside ride rollers? If you can afford them, yes.
They are not like any other set of rollers on the planet.
You won't crash because it is exactly like riding on a road outside.
Simply put, they're the best indoor training device available.

(Fyi, no connection between us and this company, just use and like their training device.)

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Rollers? [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So awesome to read your comment Flashroy!
(You guys may already know but we have a group and club discount on right now, and you only have to be 2 to benefit : when you buy 2 or more E-Motion Rollers in the same transaction, you'll save over $150 on each set - and shipping is still included in continental USA, as always! The promo code is on our site : www.insideride.com)
Quote Reply
Re: Rollers? [flashroy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been using these. https://www.sportcrafters.com/...ainer/omnium-trainer

I ride 10-15 hours a week on these. I love them!

http://www.MattRussellTri.com -Pro Triathlete -Tri Coach
Quote Reply
Re: Rollers? [MattRussellTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rollers are great. I haven't used my mag trainer or Computrainer since I got a set. Mine are cheap standard rollers, and they are good for everything other than out of the saddle sprinting.
Quote Reply
Re: Rollers? [PeterAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Peter AK, maybe Inside Ride's E-Motion Rollers would suit you... they're the perfect solution for sprint efforts indoors. They have what we call "free motion technology" - essentially it's a floating frame that the rollers are attached to that moves with the natural back and forth movent of your bike as you pedal. The unique bumper bars make it impossible to ride off of the front of the rollers, and the small bumper wheels keep you on track as well. The features are explained in more detail here if you're interested! www.insideride.com.
Quote Reply
Re: Rollers? [PeterAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PeterAK wrote:
Rollers are great. I haven't used my mag trainer or Computrainer since I got a set. Mine are cheap standard rollers, and they are good for everything other than out of the saddle sprinting.

I sold my computrainer a couple months ago :)

I can do ALL my WOs on rollers

1. More engaging WO cause u have to pay attention
2. Learn Balance
3. Less Stress on Bike
4. No wear on tires

win win imho

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Re: Rollers? [Inside_Ride] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Inside_Ride wrote:
So awesome to read your comment Flashroy! (You guys may already know but we have a group and club discount on right now, and you only have to be 2 to benefit : when you buy 2 or more E-Motion Rollers in the same transaction, you'll save over $150 on each set - and shipping is still included in continental USA, as always! The promo code is on our site : www.insideride.com)

Uh, I'm not flashroy, but the offer is very tempting ... my wife and I are always trying to get first dibs on our one circa 2007 insideride (the loser has to ride the stationary trainer ... ).

Greg @ dsw

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Rollers? [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whoops, sorry DarkSpeedWorks! :) How do you figure out who wins and who loses?
Quote Reply
Re: Rollers? [Inside_Ride] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Inside_Ride wrote:
How do you figure out who wins and who loses?

If you have to ask, you are either not married, or have not been married long enough.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by: ms6073: Jan 26, 15 18:12
Quote Reply

Prev Next