Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Bike fit in South Jersey
Quote | Reply
Looking for a good tri bike fitter in South Jersey, Was recommended The Caffinated Cyclist in Pitman but was also considering cadence in Philly.

Any thoughts?

Just got a new bike and its just uncomfortable, feel like all my weight is on my arms

Hard work is faster then aero
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit in South Jersey [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know what they charge if you're not on their bike, but Elite Bicycles in Philly is awesome. Max spent at least 3 hours with me...and that was a refit to a custom Razor I bought from them in '04. I've been riding it ever since, but I'm not as flexible at 36 as I was at 28. Give them a call; if they can't do it, I'd bet they'll know the legitimate best fitter in the area.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit in South Jersey [triflorida] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triflorida wrote:
I don't know what they charge if you're not on their bike, but Elite Bicycles in Philly is awesome. Max spent at least 3 hours with me...and that was a refit to a custom Razor I bought from them in '04. I've been riding it ever since, but I'm not as flexible at 36 as I was at 28. Give them a call; if they can't do it, I'd bet they'll know the legitimate best fitter in the area.

I beleive Elite is no longer there

Hard work is faster then aero
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit in South Jersey [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't heard that. Dave is on ST sometimes and I just emailed him a week ago and got an immediate reply. Maybe he'll chime in.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit in South Jersey [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bicycle-Pro on Rt. 130 in Bordentown (depending on your definition of South Jersey, of course). I don't know if Fred Reister (the owner) is any specific type of fitter, but I've been nothing but happy with the fit on my TT bike, even my MTB we tweaked a few things.

XTERRA World Champs Race Report | @idking90 | Strava | IG: idking90
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit in South Jersey [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like Richie at Breakaway BIkes in Philly or you could go to Cadence, also in Philly
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit in South Jersey [number114] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steve, the owner at Caffeinated in pitman is a really good dude. He was top wrench at my local shop, he left to open TCC. His shop is small but really cool, Small town shop, but has a good mix of beginner stuff and high end. Steve himself is a Cat 1 racer, as well as a talented Mountain biker. He fit me on my road bike before he opened his shop, no probs.

Max is now at Breakaway in Philly. Had pleasure of meeting him at a IMLP training camp last year. (He is good friend of my coach) He was offering fits for those attending the camp. Hear nothing but great things.

Don't think you will go wrong with either guy.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit in South Jersey [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cadence in Philly

-or

Brielle Cyclery in Brielle, NJ (ask for Kathy)



-Eric
---
"The Fit Shall Inherit the Earth" -Endurance Conspiracy
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit in South Jersey [Fat_Ironman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fat_Ironman wrote:
Max is now at Breakaway in Philly. Had pleasure of meeting him at a IMLP training camp last year. (He is good friend of my coach) He was offering fits for those attending the camp. Hear nothing but great things.

Don't think you will go wrong with either guy.

Max and Richie are both the shit. Absolutely recommend them.

Fat_Ironman, you've got a pretty cool coach. I've talked with him a bunch and really enjoyed what he had to say.

----
Aut Vincere Aut Mori || @adamwfurlong
Run So As To Win || Philly Bikesmith ||
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit in South Jersey [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could you elaborate on that? Their website is still up and running.



"Honestly, triathlon is a pussified version of duathlon on that final run."- Desert Dude

Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit in South Jersey [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cycles 54 in Wall Township

http://www.cycles54.com/

Christian the owner knows his stuff, rode with the best and stocks tri bikes to fit everyone. It's one of the few really great shops around.

Max
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit in South Jersey [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would recommend Elite. Dave is a great guy and an outstanding fitter.

Although you posted that they aren't there, I think you should double check that info.



"Honestly, triathlon is a pussified version of duathlon on that final run."- Desert Dude

Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit in South Jersey [teekona] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit in South Jersey [Fat_Ironman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Although there is very little actual info there, I guess it's better than nothing. If you hear anything else, please share it.



"Honestly, triathlon is a pussified version of duathlon on that final run."- Desert Dude

Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit in South Jersey [Fat_Ironman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fat_Ironman wrote:
http://www.philadelphiaspeaks.com/forum/southwest-center-city/29963-what-happened-elite-bicycle.html

that thread is from April. Elite's website has a blog with an entry from November, and still has 2124 South listed as the address. so, my guess is: still open.

---------------------------------
(currently in between signature quotes)
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit in South Jersey [Bob Loblaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I really don't think David would just pull up stakes like that. Doesn't seem like it would be his style.



"Honestly, triathlon is a pussified version of duathlon on that final run."- Desert Dude

Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit in South Jersey [Bob Loblaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bob Loblaw wrote:
Fat_Ironman wrote:
http://www.philadelphiaspeaks.com/forum/southwest-center-city/29963-what-happened-elite-bicycle.html


that thread is from April. Elite's website has a blog with an entry from November, and still has 2124 South listed as the address. so, my guess is: still open.

Wow, things sure have changed since I lived at 21st & Pemberton ... You just didn't go on South Street West of Broad back then, even Lombard was a little sketchy. We were Five White Interlopers, that's for sure

Even when I moved to the nicer side of South [22nd & Pine] I was always wary about spending too much time of my runs on South Street

http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/159738320


"You know, if you stopped drinking beer, you could probably run further & faster"
"But if I stopped drinking beer, why would I bother to run at all?"
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit in South Jersey [randymar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
randymar wrote:
Bob Loblaw wrote:
Fat_Ironman wrote:
http://www.philadelphiaspeaks.com/forum/southwest-center-city/29963-what-happened-elite-bicycle.html


that thread is from April. Elite's website has a blog with an entry from November, and still has 2124 South listed as the address. so, my guess is: still open.

Wow, things sure have changed since I lived at 21st & Pemberton ... You just didn't go on South Street West of Broad back then, even Lombard was a little sketchy. We were Five White Interlopers, that's for sure

Even when I moved to the nicer side of South [22nd & Pine] I was always wary about spending too much time of my runs on South Street

http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/159738320

real estate agents seem to be winning the naming battle around there; people now call the area south of south and west of broad "Graduate Hospital," and not "So-So," which had been catching on a few years back.

i went to elementary school at 16th and Lombard; going one block south of there and you were in the ghetto. but, that was the *seventies.* times have changed.

---------------------------------
(currently in between signature quotes)
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit in South Jersey [Bob Loblaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If ya scroll down on the blog, a post from August states a Philly contact number change. I called the number, goes straight to voicemail. I was told the philly location closed by 2 elite owners. I was told they are based out of Singapore now. I hope I'm wrong, dont like to see any local shop close. maybe somebody who lives near by can swing by and check for sure. Either way, if ya want an "Elite" fit, Max from Elite is now at Breakaway.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit in South Jersey [Bob Loblaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bob Loblaw wrote:
real estate agents seem to be winning the naming battle around there; people now call the area south of south and west of broad "Graduate Hospital," and not "So-So," which had been catching on a few years back.

i went to elementary school at 16th and Lombard; going one block south of there and you were in the ghetto. but, that was the *seventies.* times have changed.

The first two places I lived [when I was Art School] were 20th & Kater, and then the 21st & Pemberton house I mentioned above

Then I moved to 22nd & Pine and finally to The Gayborhood [12th & Pine], before I moved back the Jersey in 1990 [D'Wife didn't want to live in Philly after we were married, so ...]

With each move [maybe 2 years apart] the Gentry took more and more of a toehold on the other side of South St. When I was working at Doobies, I had a girlfriend who lived in St. Albans Square [used for exterior shots in The Sixth Sense] and that was pretty far south, and my Dad lived at 22nd & Kater for a year or so [that was awkward, since we weren't on good terms at the time]

I sometimes to on Streetview to look at the "old neighborhood" and just say, "Sure didn't look like that when I lived there"

***

Circling back around to the OP, does anyone go to The Peddler's Shop in Deptford?


"You know, if you stopped drinking beer, you could probably run further & faster"
"But if I stopped drinking beer, why would I bother to run at all?"
Last edited by: randymar: Dec 14, 12 7:53
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit in South Jersey [Fat_Ironman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
whaddya know... Elite's gone.
I had to bike down to 24th and Locust so heading over to 21st and south wasn't a big deal. And nope, no Elite on the block.

---------------------------------
(currently in between signature quotes)
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit in South Jersey [Bob Loblaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No sign? Nothing? I sent an email earlier and haven't heard anything.



"Honestly, triathlon is a pussified version of duathlon on that final run."- Desert Dude

Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit in South Jersey [teekona] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The shop is long gone. I had an email exchange with David a few months back and he confirmed the store is closed but they are still making bikes. As someone stated earlier it seems as if he's based out of Singapore now. There's an Elite shop there. I have no idea what went down. I went in before IMLP in 2011 to get some work done on my Elite and I had to make a special appointment. The place looked to be kind of a mess at the time. As an Elite owner I must say I'm very disappointed.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit in South Jersey [teekona] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
teekona wrote:
No sign? Nothing? I sent an email earlier and haven't heard anything.

there's a for rent sign, but from the realtor, not Elite.

---------------------------------
(currently in between signature quotes)
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit in South Jersey [Moze] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As a fellow Elite owner, I'm also very disappointed. I had been meaning to get in there but it's not real convenient for me, so I just kept blowing it off. So much for free lifetime tune-ups.

I'm more disappointed in the way this all appears to have happened. I would have thought David would have reached out to owners with an explanation. The "Elite Family" and all that...



"Honestly, triathlon is a pussified version of duathlon on that final run."- Desert Dude

Quote Reply

Prev Next