Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Bring out your Argon 18 E-118/E-116 [soobrex1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really??

I heard the exact oposite in terms of wear?? Thats why they make ceramice F1 car disc brake's from it as it doesn't degrade.

Are you sure?

I am however thinking it is not worth the extra cash
Quote Reply
Re: Bring out your Argon 18 E-118/E-116 [peeestu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ceramic brakes on supercars are not made for longevity, they're made for their ability to handle heat. They're also much more expensive. I had wanted to go with the Enduro ceramic BB and was talked out of it by the LBS. BTW, I love to spend money and build bikes so it was simply for the fact that it provided no clear advantage to me. Save the money and put it towards a power meter or something else you want.
Quote Reply
Re: Bring out your Argon 18 E-118/E-116 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From Auckland 70.3 last month

[/url]

Quote Reply
Re: Bring out your Argon 18 E-118/E-116 [geauxtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
still trying to get used to the QXL, but my initial feeling about it is positive. Yes I had to use the spacer supplied by Rotor when I bought the QXL otherwise the Di2 FD that I have would not shift properly.
Last edited by: RattyPiggy: Feb 19, 14 6:41
Quote Reply
Re: Bring out your Argon 18 E-118/E-116 [RattyPiggy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, has anyone tried the SCICON Aerocomfort case with E-118?
I am thinking of getting the case but am concern whether the aerobars can fit since the bars cannot be "shorten".
Quote Reply
Re: Bring out your Argon 18 E-118/E-116 [pjlee25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have an E-112. Couple years old. Still love it of course. Not as fast as I wish I was though
:)
Quote Reply
Re: Bring out your Argon 18 E-118/E-116 [Mulen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the E-118 I have been using until my 2014 Di2 E-118 arrives. Awesome bike!

Website - Follow Me On Strava - Follow Me On Instagram
Last edited by: Symonds: Mar 11, 14 19:14
Quote Reply
Re: Bring out your Argon 18 E-118/E-116 [drluke12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
Really funny you mention that! I've been using it for several months without any issue at all in both training and racing, but this past weekend, I did Ironman Arizona and near the end of the first lap over a bit of a bumpy section, my bottle popped right out during the race. Had to quickly stop and go back and pick it up. Took a bit of time, but I was able to get back with the group I was working with. Next time, I will either tape or use rubber bands to keep that thing in!

Sounds like drafting to me.

Quote Reply
Re: Bring out your Argon 18 E-118/E-116 [tate] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You ever been in a race before? You can totally work with a group and still stay legal from a draft perspective! What do you think the pros do? And yes, it helps and makes a significant difference vs. solo riding all day. And as an FYI, we had marshalls all around us for most of the race. They didn't have a problem with it.
Quote Reply
Re: Bring out your Argon 18 E-118/E-116 [drluke12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, and there have never been any pros cited for drafting? And IMAZ didn't have plenty of drafting according to participants and spectators? Looks like I struck a nerve, just calling it how I read it--"I was able to get back with the group I was working with".
Quote Reply
Re: Bring out your Argon 18 E-118/E-116 [tate] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The problem is that you are basically insinuating that I was drafting because I was working with a group, and that's not a fair statement at all. I can outright claim that I did my best to stay legal at all times, but sometimes, that's not always possible, on a tight course with 3 loops. Unless you saw me drafting, I don't really know how you can say I was.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Folks, does anyone know where can I get straight extension bars for my 2013 E118?
The bars that came with the package were S and J bends only , and it seems that i cannot use my old straight 3T extension.

I've asked Argon18 thru their FB page, however redirected to the official webpage and haven't got any reply thereafter.
Quote Reply
Re: Bring out your Argon 18 E-118/E-116 [Jev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I recall that my straight bars are actually just the straight part of the s-bar. So just get the original S-bars and cut off the "S" :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Folks, what are the lights that fit the thick aero bar and aero seat post of the E118? I can't find one in the market...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lights ?? Like this one?

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-gb/gear/product/giant.numen.aero.tail.light/582/38906/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ALL - REMEMBER TO BECOME MEMBER OF THE E116 & E118 EXECUTIVE GROUP HERE:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/298027738177/

Many good discussions and questions answered :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that what you guys are using? The Giant Numen Tail Light?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can say, I dont use lights on my E118 ever ... sorry :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
haha.. no worries. My concern is the rubber mount. Most of them are not big enough to go round the seat post.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mulen wrote:
I think I recall that my straight bars are actually just the straight part of the s-bar. So just get the original S-bars and cut off the "S" :)

thank you thomas! with mech shifter i suspect there will be problem with cable lines, it needs to be on the outside approaching the shifter part...

btw, just got this info from another thread:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi#4422162
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just drill a new hole for the cable to get from inside the base bar and first part of the aero bars, to the outside - needs to be 5-7 cm before the bar end for Di2 at least ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Mulen for the tip on hiding the cables , did it myself took me about 2 hours :)

[URL=http://s1194.photobucket.com/...edia/E118-b.jpg.html][/url]

[URL=http://s1194.photobucket.com/...edia/E118-a.jpg.html][/url]

[URL=http://s1194.photobucket.com/...edia/E118-3.jpg.html][/url]
Quote Reply
Re: Bring out your Argon 18 E-118/E-116 [bobmendoza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome Job There Bob!

Good news is that the new Argon 18 E-118 Next is already prepared to "hide" all cables - really a masterpiece.

http://www.argon18bike.com/bikes/triathlon-tt/e-118-next.html

Thomas
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
with a new pair of wheels...

next, should be working on hiding the cable, and large chainring/shorter crank

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone looking to sell? Looking for a size small in either a -116 (2014, 2015) or,-118 (2013-2015)

Thanks,
Quote Reply

Prev Next