Jul 25, 12 9:38
Post #1 of 1
Cycle University is looking for a experienced Triathlon Coach and Mechanic to join our Faculty. We are looking for someone who can handle a multitude of challenges: mechanic, triathlon coach, bicycle fitter and all around awesome person to run our Sand Point location and assist our already strong Triathlon faculty in running our coaching program.
Triathlon Coach and Mechanic - Seattle Area
Quote | Reply
Is Triathlon and/or Cycling your true passion?
Is a well tuned bike with nice parts and carbon wheels a beauty to behold?
Do you cringe when you see someone with their seat too low?
If you answered yes to these questions then you might be right for a position with Cycle University. We are looking for an upbeat and eager athlete to join our team. If you think on your feet, immerse yourself in sport, like to teach and thrive on new challenges, we are the place for you.
We have 2 full service training centers and bike shops in Seattle, one in West Seattle and one near Childrens Hospital North of the U-District. We are a young, fast growing company with new and innovative Cycling and Endurance Services ranging from Coaching, Bike Sales, Repair/Service, Bikefitting, Indoor Spin classes, to teaching kids how to ride for the first time. We are a little like a Cycling Health club with Pro Shop and outdoor activities in the Summer and a full indoor training schedule during the Winter.
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Great mechanical ability
- Bike fitter with experience
- Good cycling and/or triathlon knowledge and experience
- Availability evenings and weekends.
- Excellent customer service
- Love of the sport and want to share it with others.
- Looking for a long term profession.
Some main duties of this role include:
- Retail mechanic taking in repairs, following up with customers and recommending upgrades.
- Being assistant coach for our team clinics.
- Fixing and upgrading a wide variety of bikes.
- Working with and coaching team members from Sprints to Ironman, Century to Road Racing.
- Doing bike fittings.
- Working with "Nordstroms like" customer service.
- Answering the phone and responding to emails from potential team members or clients.
- Maintaining a clean shop and retail area.
- Using online tools like Google Calendars and learning retail software and running a cash register.
- Educating our customers and explaining our bikes, products and services to potential new members and clients.
This position is 5-40 hours/week to start with the possibility of vacation pay and benefits for full time. Perks of a great working environment, growth potiential, bicycles and gear at wholesale prices, positive workplace, free classes and more. We are a small family run business with many employees with us 5 years or more.
Please reply with your resume and a cover letter sharing why you could shine in this role including answers to the 2 questions below. We will interview the top 3 candidates and notify you if you are selected.
Included in your e-mail please answer the following questions to help us get to know you better:
What is/will be your greatest strength as a coach?
What is your favorite dream bike?
Add "Cycle U Mechanic/Coach/Fitter" in subject line
Check us out at: http://www.CycleU.com