Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

910XT - Enable elevation corrections?
Quote | Reply
Garminconnect says barometric devices like the 910 etc have elevation connection disabled as the default. There is a 1K foot elevation difference, enabled shows 2500 feet, disabled shows 3400 feet, over a 36 mile ride, so quite a difference. Which is the more accurate approach?
Quote Reply
Re: 910XT - Enable elevation corrections? [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Enabled will be more accurate most of the time.

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I find if I'm on the road for the most part it's more accurate enabled. If I'm out on the trails correction stinks.
Quote Reply
Re: 910XT - Enable elevation corrections? [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you "enable" it?
Quote Reply
Re: 910XT - Enable elevation corrections? [raym256] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
raym256 wrote:
How do you "enable" it?

In Garmin Connect click on Enabled in the workout.

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I usually enable it. Lately all of my workouts on looped or out and back courses end at an elevation a few hundred feet off of where I started from. The barometric pressure can't change that quickly, so I am guessing it has to do with temperature = air density changes? Today on my long run the temperature went from 85 at the start to near 100 by the end and the elevation data was way off...1500m of climbing on a course that mapmyrun has at 285m. Corrected elevation data was 365m.
Quote Reply
Re: 910XT - Enable elevation corrections? [Tri 2 Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri 2 Tri wrote:
I find if I'm on the road for the most part it's more accurate enabled. If I'm out on the trails correction stinks.

Yup
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:
Garminconnect says barometric devices like the 910 etc have elevation connection disabled as the default. There is a 1K foot elevation difference, enabled shows 2500 feet, disabled shows 3400 feet, over a 36 mile ride, so quite a difference. Which is the more accurate approach?

Definitely enable it. The barometric sensor is pretty decent, but the GPS-mapped elevation chart is way more accurate - for some weather conditions, it's actually an enormous difference just as you noticed. Sometimes it's dead on, but very often it's off by a good 33%.
Quote Reply
Re: 910XT - Enable elevation corrections? [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you loaded the crappy 2.50 firmware.

My 910XT is either real screwy, or I am easily the greatest athlete in the world... which obviously I am not.

My weekend 6 mile run with Elevation Correction enabled, 52,000ft of elevation gain.

I guess my running route was about a 60% incline for 6 miles straight.

Still waiting for Garmin to respond to my support request, but ever since the 2.50 update, my elevation has been horrible
Quote Reply
Re: 910XT - Enable elevation corrections? [Maui5150] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there any way to enable elevation correction for my Garmin 910xt in the new Garmin Connect? It is disabled by default but my barometric elevation function has been dysfunctional for months and I'd like to think I had more than 0 ft of elevation gain at IMLP
Quote Reply
Re: 910XT - Enable elevation corrections? [Asilverm1970] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was looking myself this past weekend and didn't see an option. You would have to go to the old Garmin Connect to enable it... then the new GC site will give you the option to enable/disable it, but only for that single activity.

Try this for your 910xt to fix the barometric sensor: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...post=4656497#4656497

And this post goes over how to tell if you have a defective unit: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...post=4650796#4650796
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I have had the same issue. My elevation is always posting 50K to 65K. Once I enable elevation correction it corrects, or at least I think it does. It is much more realistic. But it all started happening after the new version. Garmin obviously has a glitch they need to correct.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had same issue the other day. Had me clocked at 65,000 feet of gain on the run. It was a short duathlon, so over 6 combined miles.

Friend said the "holes" in the watch needed cleaned out......was clogged with gunk so was giving erroneous readings.

Off to google.......lol
Last edited by: blackadder: Apr 27, 16 10:14
Quote Reply