Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Dirty Secrets [mgreer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mgreer wrote:
SrSalitre wrote:
This thread is gold! Here goes my confessions:
  • I like running errands, I'll go pick my gluten-free bread and pasta, almond milk and stuff, and many times I'll also pick some donuts to eat before arriving home so my family does not know. No problem to reach race weight anyway.
  • Everytime I race, it is a "race within a race" with my buddies. I used to struggle to avoid the last place years ago, not anymore, and that's the best of racing for me :-)
  • I frequently race the guy next lane during swim workouts. If he's half my age, I just try harder.
  • I love using stuff to death, so I tend to buy the best stuff I can afford because I know it is great quality and last longer... I then beat it to death.
  • linked to the above, I have an OCD with bike improvements. Marginal gains for age groupers,you know ;-) If there is something I can add to improve in one of my bikes, especially my TT bike, I will go for it. But, according to the above, I will not buy a disc brake TT bike until I beat the S*** out of my current rim brake frame/ very expensive and scarcely used race wheelset and disc

Doesn't everybody do that?

Yeah, I think only the donuts bullet in that post counts as a "dirty secret" ... and even marginally at that

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Last edited by: RandMart: Oct 28, 21 8:49
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I quietly chuckle to myself whenever the scale scale says 140.6

Then I quietly weep, as that's above my race weight

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply

Prev Next