Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best Hot Weather Headband For Sweat
Quote | Reply
I am tired of sweat dripping down my face and getting my glasses covered in sweat, salt, and making it difficult to see. Who makes the best cycling headband? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Best Hot Weather Headband For Sweat [NeverEnough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am a huge fan of the Halo headbands. I am a heavy, salty sweater, and I just can't imagine running without them.

Castelli makes some nice headbands too, both summer & winter weight, but they don't have the rubber sweat band that Halo does.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sweat like crazy. Initially was thrilled with the Halo. When I came across the gutr, I found a new favorite. Since it has no cloth to saturate, it just takes the sweat and runs it completely away from my eyes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haven't used it for anything other than bushwalking (hiking/backpacking etc.) yet but I have a Coolmax Buff. I haven't used a standard Buff to compare but it is supposed to be much cooler and better wicking. Also, you could always cut one of these in half and have two.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Define hot? Hotter than Hell in Witchita falls last year at 109 a Gutr band was good. Cooler than that sweat bands often are fine
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another vote for the Halo. I'm in Central Florida and am a heavy sweater, especially in the humid summer months. The Halo works great!
Quote Reply
Re: Best Hot Weather Headband For Sweat [bricklayer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have both Gutr and Halo. I prefer the look of the Halo but the performance of Gutr.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am also a very heavy sweater, I tried them all and prefer the Halo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use a headsweats beanie. Not a headband, but I'm more worried about sun on my hairless head ;)

It also works pretty decent at keeping me cool in the hot, dry weather of central CA (90+F <30% RH)
Quote Reply
Re: Best Hot Weather Headband For Sweat [jmt8345] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmt8345 wrote:
I am also a very heavy sweater, I tried them all and prefer the Halo.

same here, gutr was OK, but I use the halo. Forgot it on a run last week, and by mile 2 I was realizing how much I need that thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the headsweats visors and other head gear.

Jimmy S.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another vote for the Halo, although I haven't tried the Gutr. Not a fan of Headswetz. Seems like they fill with sweat easily and then it just runs down your face.

I love my Nike visor, though. It's a Lycra-type material and doesn't seem to have the sweat-running problem of Headswetz.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Hot Weather Headband For Sweat [Greggor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So for those of you with the gutr - I have one but in the aero position i really find it hard to get it in a position on my forehead with my helmet where it doesnt just dump the sweat over the top at the front so I ditched using it - any tips?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You of course want to keep moisture out of your shoes right?

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Best Hot Weather Headband For Sweat [grosso27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grosso27 wrote:
I am a huge fan of the Halo headbands. I am a heavy, salty sweater, and I just can't imagine running without them.

I just tried out my new Halo and it was great for sweat but I got the feeling that the band was keeping my head warmer. Anyone else feel warmer when wearing a headband? Preventing cooling by blocking valuable evaporation real estate doesn't seem like a good property of a device designed for sweating people.

Or does water evaporates from the band as quickly as it would from my skin, and the warm feeling is all in my head? (no pun intended)!

I'll try the halo a few more times but if I can't get used to the feeling I might have to give the sweat gutr a try.
Last edited by: matto: May 18, 12 7:48
Quote Reply
Re: Best Hot Weather Headband For Sweat [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess you're taking away forehead space that could help get some wind & cool you, but it's a tradeoff.

If I can keep sweat from burning my eyes, I'll do it at most any cost. I've yet to try a Gutr though. Seems gimicky & really awful looking, but if it works, it works.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've tried both the gutr and the halo. I prefer the halo by far. I thought the gutr was a total piece of crap - it didn't to it's job despite many attempts and (I know it's odd but...) it smelled like cheap plastic. The halo does the job quite well to keep sweat out of the eyes. I agree with others that it seems to keep you slightly warmer in the process, but I suppose that's somewhat unavoidable. It should be better than a hat. I don't know if they make it or not, but a visor with the halo bits built in would be perfect.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Hot Weather Headband For Sweat [ngless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only problem with that is I don't think you'd get it low enough.

I put the rubber band right above my eyebrows, and so the fabric falls over my eyebrows a bit. Basically, the lowest I can get it to help catch all sweat.

If you had a visor that low, you'd never see out of it, and certainly never fit sunglasses under it as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone use the Halo Visor? Does it sit too high to work or??

Quote Reply
Re: Best Hot Weather Headband For Sweat [MKirk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The halo sweat liner thingy is partially separated from the visor itself. So you can have the visor and the sweat strip in two separate positions.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Hot Weather Headband For Sweat [ngless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ngless wrote:
I've tried both the gutr and the halo. I prefer the halo by far. I thought the gutr was a total piece of crap - it didn't to it's job despite many attempts and (I know it's odd but...) it smelled like cheap plastic. The halo does the job quite well to keep sweat out of the eyes. I agree with others that it seems to keep you slightly warmer in the process, but I suppose that's somewhat unavoidable. It should be better than a hat. I don't know if they make it or not, but a visor with the halo bits built in would be perfect.
I didn't think the gutr was a complete piece of crap, but the upper lip definitely didn't sit flush against my face so the gutter portion never held the sweat, though the crevice between my skin and the lower lip did. Does anyone have any experience with the halo skull cap (like the headband but with the head enclosed)? Does it heat up? Just looking for sun protection for my buzz cut head.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NeverEnough wrote:
I am tired of sweat dripping down my face and getting my glasses covered in sweat, salt, and making it difficult to see. Who makes the best cycling headband? Thanks

Glasses with wipers.

Quote Reply
Re: Best Hot Weather Headband For Sweat [MKirk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Halo headband and visor. Headband works well, but it will get saturated and begin to leak down the sides of my face after an hour or two of heavy sweating. Fits well under cycling helmet. As noted by previous poster, visor/headband combo is not completely one piece. This has the result that visor kinds flops around a little, even when headband is tight to forehead. Not the best look.
Quote Reply