Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone successfully using Dura Ace SL-BS79 Shifters with Ultegra 6700 Front derailleur
Quote | Reply
Is anyone successfully using Dura Ace BS79 bar end shifters with an Ultegra 6700 Front derailleur? I've seen a few store's websites that say they're incompatible, but I figured I'd check with the real experts.
Last edited by: flatfour: Apr 6, 12 15:10
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace SL-BS79 Shifters and Ultegra 6700 Front derailleur [flatfour] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I cannot answer your question but I would suggest changing the title of your thread to be an actual question (i.e. "Anyone using Dura Ace BS79 shifters with Ultegra 6700 FD"?). From the title, it kinda sounds like you are trying to sell them, like one of those new ST members who didn't read the rules of the classifieds or just doesn't feel like following them.

I would not be surprised if someone who could answer your question might skip the thread thinking the same thing
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace SL-BS79 Shifters and Ultegra 6700 Front derailleur [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good call. Thanks. I do my best to follow the rules
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone successfully using Dura Ace SL-BS79 Shifters with Ultegra 6700 Front derailleur [flatfour] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I've run that set-up. The FD shifter is just friction anyway so you are setting the position, no "indexing".

edit: I guess I've only run the SL-BS78, but I think the only change is they got rid of the friction option for the RD.
Last edited by: GregRF: Apr 6, 12 15:55
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone successfully using Dura Ace SL-BS79 Shifters with Ultegra 6700 Front derailleur [GregRF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have any problems with mine. Going on a year and a half. I didn't know they weren't compatible.
The b79 brake levers are a lot better with the 6700 brakes.
What is the other choice for shifters if the 79's are not compatible?
Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone successfully using Dura Ace SL-BS79 Shifters with Ultegra 6700 Front derailleur [flatfour] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As an aside, I recently set up regular 7900 brifter/shifters and found that I could not get the Ultegra front D tuned properly. Did some reading and discovered the incompatibility. Got a 7900 FD and it worked. On the brifters, they removed the trim click and reshaped the FD somehow. In any event, I came to believe for regular road shifters, it does make a difference. Although for a friction system on a TT setup, I can't see how it would make a difference, you just may need to trim the FD as you move across the RD.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone successfully using Dura Ace SL-BS79 Shifters with Ultegra 6700 Front derailleur [velorocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Velo thanks for your response.

Question for anyone - why does some of the 6700 tri/tt 8 piece group sets come with the bs79 shifters and the ultegra 6700 front derailleur if they're not "compatible"?

Thx Tom
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone successfully using Dura Ace SL-BS79 Shifters with Ultegra 6700 Front derailleur [Shoop31] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let me caveat my earlier post - if you were running a TT group with a front friction shifter in lieu of indexed, then any front d would probably work
Quote Reply