Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dinotte/other tail light with aero seatpost?
Quote | Reply
I am interested in seeing what other people have done to mount a Dinotte or L&M Viz 180 onto a bike with an aero seatpost, like my Cervelo Soloist Team. I have used a cheap Performance light that I managed to clamp to the seat stay in the past, but really want something better.
Quote Reply
Re: Dinotte/other tail light with aero seatpost? [markg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dinotte comes with an aero mount. It was a hair small for my s3, but a little heat gun to the mount for a brief period makes it a flawless fit. I burned up one aero mount with my learning curve, so you might want to practice on one of the other sizes that are included in the 300r rear light first.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Viz 180 fits on my p3 seatpost with no mods with the additional mount that they have on their website.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Quote Reply
Re: Dinotte/other tail light with aero seatpost? [tri-tele] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd like to see a picture of that. I just had a conversation with Light and Motion last tuesday about an aero adapter. My Felt AR seatpost isn't very friendly with the 180's strap. I had to take some rubber shim from a Cateye light and fit it to work, it still teeter, totters a little bit. Great light, just doesn't fit as well as I'd like.
Quote Reply
Re: Dinotte/other tail light with aero seatpost? [cydswipe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
here ya go[/url] [url=http://www.flickr.com/...7373@N05/6868004740/]IMAG0297[/url] by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/25057373@N05/]chrisroundy[/url], on Flickr[/img][/url] [url=http://www.flickr.com/...7373@N05/6868003598/]IMAG0296[/url] by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/25057373@N05/]chrisroundy[/url], on Flickr[/img]

no flopping issues, but if i find it to be a problem the solution would be two zip ties with the "heads" on either side of the mount to stabilize it.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Quote Reply
Re: Dinotte/other tail light with aero seatpost? [mlinenb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think those guys must ride Felt, because it's a perfect fit on the AR seatpost. And, maybe, the DA. I looked at the "aero" mount, and my Specialized posts, and just laughed. Heat gun? I'd need a new plastic molding factory. Why I ultimately went with a 140R. Much more flexible with regards to mounting.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Dinotte/other tail light with aero seatpost? [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The folks at dinotte suggested the heat gun. I only needed about 2 more mm in length. If you have a seatpost that is a hair bigger than the Cervelo S2/S3 seatpost, it might not fit. The P3C would be impossible with their aero mount.
Quote Reply
Re: Dinotte/other tail light with aero seatpost? [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rappstar- 1st off, thanks for helping us all be safe / be seen.
Your reviews are much appreciated.

My question, and the only reason I haven't purchased the Dinotte yet, is how ez is it to swap the tail light from one bike to the other?
Once mounted, is the entire thing ez to move to another bike, or would I have to buy 3 different mounts?

I can't afford 3 lights, but would love to replace my little Flea light with the Dinotte....

Thanks for the help.

Quote Reply
Re: Dinotte/other tail light with aero seatpost? [juliegruns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 300 is the easiest to swap. It has a quick release, so you can swap it from mount to mount. The others are still quite easy, but you are moving light, battery, etc, even if you have additional mounts ready and waiting.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With the Dinotte 400r there is a clamp that fits on the seat stay of the Cervelo S1. With my alu P3 I put it on the top tube
Quote Reply
Re: Dinotte/other tail light with aero seatpost? [tri-tele] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! That Vis180 mount on the P3 seatpost looks VERY clean! Since I have both an Soloist Team and a P3C, that may be the solution I a looking for. At this point I am looking for something for the Soloist so I can start riding it to work in the mornings. I already have a Dinotte 200 for the front that I bought several years ago. I was debating a 140R for the rear, but as Jordan says, it has a separate battery pack you have to hang on the top tube. I also wasn't sure how the 140R mount would work on the Soloist seatpost, or whether I would have to cobble something together.
Quote Reply