Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2012 Specialized Shiv TT: Brand new, in box
Quote | Reply
I'm selling a 2012 Specialized Shiv TT (S-Works, matte black, UCI legal). As you can see, the original foam wrapping is still attached. The box that the fork is resting on is still sealed and contains all of the accessories (see below for full list). This bike has never been ridden (indoors or out), never mounted....it is absolutely, literally "brand new" (not "figuratively like new" like some people claim in their listings). It is made from their latest FACT 11r carbon layup.

This is the 2012 Shiv TT module that lists for $6,100. (Beware: Some sellers are attempting to sell the 2011 version and claim that it is $6,100; that version was $5,500 MSRP.) This 2012 edition is the amazing matte black. You can see details from Specialized on their product page here. This is fully UCI legal, and reports show that it is every bit as fast as the non-UCI-legal version across the full sweep of yaw angles. It can be built up fairly easily in the 16.5-pound range...including a rear disc and deep front wheel, which is pretty remarkable.

For an item like this, I suspect we will want to talk via phone. I am happy to provide my phone number (or call you if you send yours) to help you understand if this is the right bike for you and for us both to feel more comfortable. I also know quite a bit about fitting the Shiv, so I am happy to help you out, even if this is not the right bike for you. The Shiv actually fits a far wider spectrum of riders than one might thing, as I have come to understand.

I'm asking $5,199 but will consider all reasonable offers.

Included are the following items:

• The frame itself, which is a "495" (size Large)
  • The aerodynamic fork
  • The Specialized S-Works III carbon crankset w/ carbon spider -- the lightest, stiffest crankset out there (the crank arms alone sell for $300; the carbon spider is $120; and the Specialized TT 53/39 rings are $460 by themselves...that is, if you can find any of them. Specialized is perpetually out of stock.
  • The S-Works TEAM 53/39T chainrings as mentioned above are included, and they have a machined cut-out should you wish to use a Quarq power meter. These rings are incredibly stiff and more aerodynamic than standard open rings.
  • Aero front and rear brakes (TRP 920 front -- center pull; TRP 922 rear), integrated with the design of the frame
  • Shiv brake levers
  • Custom Shiv stem
  • Custom Shiv aerodynamic carbon base bar
  • Shiv aero (TT) extensions
  • Ceramic bottom bracket bearings ($125 from Specialized!)
  • Two carbon seatposts -- one for forward positions, one for zero offset. You can get as far forward as you would ever want to on this frame.
  • A box filled with all of the spacers you could imagine for dialing in your position.
  • Brake cables (inner & housing)

Here's what you need to add to be off and riding:
  • Wheels & tires (including cassette)
  • Chain
  • Front and rear derailleurs (& cable)
  • TT shifters
  • Saddle
  • Bar tape

That's it!

This bike is professionally packaged in the sturdy Shiv original shipping box, with all foam, bubble wrap, and protection that Specialized uses.

I only charge actual shipping costs for this frame; if the amount you pay for shipping is more than I am charged, I refund the difference. It is an oversized package, though it is rather light. I have a reputation for treating buyers the way I hope to be treated - with accurate descriptions, great communication, and fast shipping. Generally speaking, I will ship the very same day I receive payment, via UPS or FedEx Ground. Insurance is your option but recommended.

Thanks for your interest!
Last edited by: tetonrider: Jan 4, 12 15:22
Quote Reply
Re: 2012 Specialized Shiv TT: Brand new, in box [tetonrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump for the morning crew. i will consider all serious offers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how much?
Quote Reply
Re: 2012 Specialized Shiv TT: Brand new, in box [chuckdennie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chuckdennie wrote:
how much?

oh, man--can't believe i left that off. *hits head with palm of hand*

i'm asking $5,199 but will consider all serious offers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm new to slowtwitch so am unable to send private message to you. i am very interested and would like to make an offer but not sure how to proceed.
Quote Reply
Re: 2012 Specialized Shiv TT: Brand new, in box [chuckdennie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chuckdennie wrote:
i'm new to slowtwitch so am unable to send private message to you. i am very interested and would like to make an offer but not sure how to proceed.

i sent a PM with my contact info. you should have that. let me know if for some reason you did not receive it.

thank you for your interest.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just a bump to say Eric is a stand up guy and he knows a ton about this bike.
Quote Reply
Re: 2012 Specialized Shiv TT: Brand new, in box [7summits] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
7summits wrote:
Just a bump to say Eric is a stand up guy and he knows a ton about this bike.

thanks for that post. i've become a student of this bike and have been obsessed with it. in the process, i learned the fitting intricacies. my belief is that no "deal" is a good deal unless it is the proper bike, so i try to give people solid advice. i've turned a few people away because i don't think this will fit them.

that said, i've learned the shiv can fit more riders than i originally thought -- or, rather, riders who fit the shiv can fit on two or more more frame sizes.

i actually discovered that i can fit fine on three different frame sizes (i was a bit shocked by that). triathletes have a bit more options in that regard than folks truly subject to UCI regs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump. still available.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump for the morning crew.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump to add a cool pic. i have just completed internal di2 routing through the frame of my shiv. the shiv tt i am selling is still new-in-the-box (as pictured above) -- but i figured i'd post a picture of my personal ride. this is a very clean, elegant mod with no frame modification required, so no warranty issues.

if you buy my shiv (above) and are interested in running di2, i can help you acquire the components and do the installation.

thanks for looking!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn. One of the best looking bikes out there. Teton you interested in getting rid of any of your aero bar extensions from your current bike?
Quote Reply
Re: 2012 Specialized Shiv TT: Brand new, in box [yimmy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yimmy wrote:
Damn. One of the best looking bikes out there. Teton you interested in getting rid of any of your aero bar extensions from your current bike?

not sure i want to part with them, but i'm not using them at present.

contact me if you have an offer.

thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bumping. asking $4,999. feel free to make me an offer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey, if anyone want a copy of that picture without his name on it...... :)

lovely bike! if i wasn't lazy (and my garage was heated) i'd take my nosecone bike apart and give it the same paint scheme.

Tim
Quote Reply
Re: 2012 Specialized Shiv TT: Brand new, in box [TimAndrus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump as this bike is about to ship to it's new owner tomorrow. thanks for looking!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have few questions regarding :
1. Di2 setup, ........is it straight forward?
2. Can the LOW ARM PAD STACK = 53 cm be achieved (REACH=48cm) on other than XS frame???
Last edited by: LEGSTRONG: Apr 23, 12 17:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello,
I just came across your ad. I am looking to buy this same bike in the size that you are selling. If by any chance you have not sold it, please do let me know.
Best Regards,
Jean-Luc Perez
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey TetonRider, I am new to SlowTwitch and I am unable to send you a PM. I would like to ask you some SHIV TT questions and see if you possibly have some left over parts. Feel free to send me an email at: smoknls1@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tetonrider wrote:
bump to add a cool pic. i have just completed internal di2 routing through the frame of my shiv. the shiv tt i am selling is still new-in-the-box (as pictured above) -- but i figured i'd post a picture of my personal ride. this is a very clean, elegant mod with no frame modification required, so no warranty issues.

if you buy my shiv (above) and are interested in running di2, i can help you acquire the components and do the installation.

thanks for looking!

Hi Tetonrider,

How do you charge your battery? Where abouts in the frame did you put the junction box & battery. I am looking at doing the mod myself and would be very appreciated if you could provide more details.

Kind regards,
Callan
Quote Reply