Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Anybody still using a Vasa erg out there? [alexneum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes with ATN+ function now - and to come compatibility with iPhone, tablets and all other smart devices. One of the principle reasons we are developing this smart device compatibility is that you will be able to wirelessly program and display workout sessions, record previous training data etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody still using a Vasa erg out there? [gibson00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I agree and understand, - part of the main reason why we are integrating SwimFast with smart devices is that we can at a later stage sell the SwimFast without console - reducing the cost, by simply substituting your smart fone - as the data programming storage and interactive platform....Hope this helps.
We think the SwimFast even now has any upgraded features that will make it value for money.

Gray
Quote Reply
Post deleted by -W- [ In reply to ]
Re: Anybody still using a Vasa erg out there? [Graysonhugh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can it transmit data to something like a Garmin device?

Nanoo Nanoo
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody still using a Vasa erg out there? [-W-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Vasa Computer works with Garmins ANT enabled devices, as long as you have the Ant+ VASA Computer!

My Blog - My Tweets - My Strava
My Bikes - CF SLX, 622SLX, O-1.0, AL9.0, 4.3Disc, Slice BI, C60
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not yet, but integration with other devices is something - through smart device apps is something we are considering and working on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, the same with the SwimFast on board console it is ANT+ compatible. http://kayakpro.com/swimfast/index.php
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alexneum wrote:
The Vasa Computer works with Garmins ANT enabled devices, as long as you have the Ant+ VASA Computer!

I can't find any ANT+ info on their website. I recall reading that they were going to offer some sort of ANT+ towards the end of last year.

Nanoo Nanoo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vasa were kind enough to send me an early version of their ANT+ enabled Computer! Disclaimer: I did pay for it myself. Looks exactly the same same as their standard version! Works fantastic, when I m using it, which sadly is not enough, although with winter coming up now, I will start using it more to work and improve my technique again. The two months I used it quite heavily for technique training in Feb and March this year did pay off overall in the season with a 28min swim at Mallorca 70.3 with Wetsuit, and a 59:44 Swim at Ironman Mallorca which was non-Wetsuit Swim.

My Blog - My Tweets - My Strava
My Bikes - CF SLX, 622SLX, O-1.0, AL9.0, 4.3Disc, Slice BI, C60
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's great news. I was holding off for ANT+ and can't wait until they release it to the general public.

Nanoo Nanoo
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody still using a Vasa erg out there? [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's important to use correct technique while on a swim bench. Keep high elbows, proper head position and straight spine.
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody still using a Vasa erg out there? [Rob Sleamaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it possible to retrofit the Ant+ computer to the older Vasa Erg?

Thanks,
Ken

"the trick is to keep losing weight until your friends and family ask you if you've been sick. then you know you're within 10 pounds. if they start whispering to each other, wondering if you've got cancer or aids, you're within 5. when they actually do an intervention, you're at race weight." - Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody still using a Vasa erg out there? [redtdi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
redtdi wrote:

Thanks,
Ken

Great question...In for reply
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody still using a Vasa erg out there? [Tony5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tony5 wrote:
redtdi wrote:

Thanks,
Ken

Great question...In for reply

That would be awesome.

Maybe they would sell less $2000 units, but they could probably sell a lot of $100 (?? a guess) ANT+ adapters?
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody still using a Vasa erg out there? [SlaneyCAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm interested in a reply

~The Diesel~
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody still using a Vasa erg out there? [redtdi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
redtdi wrote:

Thanks,
Ken

Yes
http://vasatrainer.com/power-meter-ant.html
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody still using a Vasa erg out there? [vikingmd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!

~The Diesel~
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody still using a Vasa erg out there? [TheDieselOne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is the difference between the Vasa Erg and the Vasa trainer?
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody still using a Vasa erg out there? [polynice] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used Stretch Cordz for a while to build strength, but wanted a more robust trainer, so I bought an Erg. Got a great deal on a new Erg for $1200 that was never taken out of box for 2 years, so I couldn't pass it up. I use it 3x a week. It feels like swimming with paddles and I can save time by performing my swim strength work at home. Still go to the pool 3x a week to build endurance. It has been great and I have improved my 70.3 swim by 5 minutes and my 100m times by 10s. My lats feel less fatigue allowing me to focus on my stroke and body position. Still a slow swimmer, but feel fresher coming out of the water.

Vasa Trainer: Works by body weight. Steeper incline = more resistance. Bench slides up and down.

http://vasatrainer.com/vasa-trainer.html

Vasa Erg: Works by resistance (level 1-7). Incline is static. Bench can slide, but stays in same place depending on resistance. Tracks cadence, power(left & right or both arms), and distance on a head unit (optional ANT+).
http://vasatrainer.com/vasa-swim-ergometer.html

Quote Reply
Re: Anybody still using a Vasa erg out there? [jdais] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I raced IMMT for the 2nd year in a row. I swam a 1:37 last year before I got a VASA Erg. I improved to a 1:17 this year and I credit this to my work on the VASA erg. I found that my work on the VASA has improved my strength and form. My weekly workouts consisted of 2 pool swims and 2 VASA workouts a week because that is all the time I had. It definitely help to improve my pull. I'm still slow and will never be a fish, but am a lot faster now and came out of the water feeling fresher.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jdais wrote:
So I raced IMMT for the 2nd year in a row. I swam a 1:37 last year before I got a VASA Erg. I improved to a 1:17 this year and I credit this to my work on the VASA erg. I found that my work on the VASA has improved my strength and form. My weekly workouts consisted of 2 pool swims and 2 VASA workouts a week because that is all the time I had. It definitely help to improve my pull. I'm still slow and will never be a fish, but am a lot faster now and came out of the water feeling fresher.

Great work jdais!!! Congrats on the 20-min improvement!!! Have you noticed any changes in your upper body due to getting stronger???

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody still using a Vasa erg out there? [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been focusing on my form not just strength. You can get the same effect from using paddles in the pool, but I find that dry-land training works better for me for convenience. In the past my shoulders would get very sore, but now I have a better EVF and feel my lats doing most of the work. No real size added to my upper body. I think I improved my efficiency in the water and definitely felt fresh coming out of the water.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jdais wrote:
I have been focusing on my form not just strength. You can get the same effect from using paddles in the pool, but I find that dry-land training works better for me for convenience. In the past my shoulders would get very sore, but now I have a better EVF and feel my lats doing most of the work. No real size added to my upper body. I think I improved my efficiency in the water and definitely felt fresh coming out of the water.

If I were to ever have to move somewhere where i did not have easy access to a pool, i would def look at getting a Vasa but for me, i have 4 pools within a 15 min drive from my house. Also, i just love being in the water anyway, always have. Anyway, congrats again on your big improvement:)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations on your improvements! That's fantastic and consistent with many similar reports we receive from Vasa Swim Erg and Vasa Trainer users. We've posted a new video technique clinic by Karlyn Pipes on our YouTube channel that you will find useful in continuing your improvements. Here's the link:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLndFq9-c_rxD_obLvtKa70K71S0SCGCyh

Do let us know how we can be of further service.

Thank you!
Rob Sleamaker
Vasa
Quote Reply

Prev Next