Login required to post replies

Painted my P2 DIY, what do you think?
Quote | Reply
Before:

After:

Quote Reply
Re: Painted my P2 DIY, what do you think? [nickag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not bad at all. Don't know if I would have painted the seatpost and handlebars - I like red/black more than red/white - but I guess that's a taste thing.

Now, have you got matching red/white race wheels? And possibly a matching suit to race it with?

Ricardo Wickert | Team Magnesium Pur - Germany | My sporadically updated blog: The Thin Grad Line | My team-issued TT bike: Trek Speed Concept 9

2015 Sponsors & Partners: Magnesium Pur | Ullmax | B&W Bike Cases | Ristorante La Dolce Vita | Trek Bikes via Bici-Sport Binder
Quote Reply
Re: Painted my P2 DIY, what do you think? [wickert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That looks great! May I ask how you did it? I was considering painting my Slice matte black this winter as a project.
Quote Reply
Re: Painted my P2 DIY, what do you think? [ridenfish39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I once used Arrow Auto Body in Oceanside,NY. Scott is a cyclist and had no problems painting bikes. I would think most auto body places can handle bikes. When it comes to selecting colors, you could use Pantone colors or just say Ferrari Red, BMW blue, etc. Had my GT Vengeance painted, Porsche Red, basic silver and rear was BMW black.
Quote Reply
Re: Painted my P2 DIY, what do you think? [Wayne@PolarUSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree the white bars look a little stark, but I think that's partly a reflection of my poor photography. Not a color many people would go. for Got a set of stock 808's with red/white decals.

As for the painting process, followed the advice on here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...diy%20paint;#2355761

Used acrylic lacquer primer, color & clear coat.
Quote Reply
Re: Painted my P2 DIY, what do you think? [nickag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Much better then the stock color.
Quote Reply