Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Aqua Sphere Kayenne Goggle User Review
Quote | Reply
As happens here occasionally, we're going to do a user review. i wrote a review a year ago exactly of two goggles that i thought were notable, for different reasons. one was the Aqua Sphere Kayenne, and it was notable to me for its visibility while still maintaining a slim enough profile to qualify as a bona fide swim goggle (rather than a mask).

That was my take on it. Now we'll get your take on it. Aqua Sphere would like 12 of you - ideally 6 men, 6 women - to try the goggles for two weeks, and then report back here with a review, on this forum, when I initiate a thread for the purpose, the review you write to be read by your peers.

In order to qualify to be one of the testers, you should be actively engaged in swim training right now; you'll be swimming several days a week during the test period; and you should have some fair appreciation for what various goggle styles have felt like when you've tried them (but you don't have to be a goggle expert).

You'll be sent two sets of goggles: a small fit and a regular fit. Try them both, continue with what you like. Both sets of goggles will be yours.

If you'd like to be considered for this user review, please email your interest to Jake McLaughlin at Aqua Sphere.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Aqua Sphere Kayenne Goggle User Review [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wrong email address ...@aqualung.com ?
Quote Reply
Re: Aqua Sphere Kayenne Goggle User Review [Pacific John] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aqua sphere is a division of aqualung.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Email sent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No need - love the Kayennes already. Up there with DeSoto bibs and Cobb Saddles in my book. David K
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
okay, spigot turned off per Aqua Sphere. they have the pool from which they'll choose. thanks, guys and gals, for participating.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These are the only ones to make me give up Socket Rockets. Perfect goggles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank to everybody for the quick responses! You will all be receiving an email very shortly here with further information.

Best Regards,

Jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply
Re: Aqua Sphere Kayenne Goggle User Review [DavidK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed ... they're pretty amazing. awesome fit and an easy to adjust strap.

... it only took me 5 minutes standing there at the rack to get over the fact that i was going to buy the brand of goggles that makes the seal mask ... kind of the "compression sock of swimming"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just wore them at St. George -- they were awesome.
Great visibility, took a heel kick without hurting my eye socket, never leaked, and the little adjust-on-the-go strap is great. I like that the straps are bigger than your typical goggle, and that they are silicone (seem stickier).

blog: transitionfour.com
twitter: @tritweeter
Quote Reply
Re: Aqua Sphere Kayenne Goggle User Review [TomNYC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love the Kayennes. I've been using them for 3 years and have never been disappointed in them.

They are very similar in use to the Kaimans.

I like the blue tinted Kayennes for the pool and the smoke tinted Kayennes for outdoors and sunny racing days.

The Kaimans are available in amber tint while the Kayennes are not. As a result I will use the amber tinted Kaimans on race day to try an improve visibility when conditions are overcast and the water is murky.

I've tried other goggles from speedo and other but always find my way back to the Keyennes and the Kaimans.

Thanks Aquasphere!

BTW, I get my kids Aquasphere goggles for the summer too. They love them and they kind of hold up until the end of the summer.
Quote Reply
Re: Aqua Sphere Kayenne Goggle User Review [transitionfour] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just to stop the product love in, I love everything about this goggle in store, the sockets feel super soft, the lenses are good, the adjustment seems like a game changer, but they leaked like crazy for me. Both the Kaimen and the Kayenne. I just never got a good seal with either one.

Any recommendations or is this just a no go for my eye shape. I have Speedo Vanquishers and B70 Hydra Visions that don't let a drop in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is the email address?

I would definitely be interested in doing this. I have always been one to be switching between goggles trying to find the best pair, and I either find a pair that leaks or hurts my eyes within a hour of swimming. So if I could get the email address that would be awesome. thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Aqua Sphere Kayenne Goggle User Review [Tri-crazy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you want to include more than the 12 reviewers.
I would give it a minus for adjustability. I could never make them seal properly and eventually abandoned them and went back to my old ones. Great google if fit is good, I guess.
Quote Reply
Re: Aqua Sphere Kayenne Goggle User Review [jakers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have the emails already been sent out?

Quote Reply
Re: Aqua Sphere Kayenne Goggle User Review [ktj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Emails will be sent tomorrow.

Thanks,
Jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply
Re: Aqua Sphere Kayenne Goggle User Review [TomNYC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a big fan of the goggles. They feel great even for my longest swims.

Two complaints though.

1) Both pairs I've owned have started fogging up after about 10-12 swims.
2) I can't find them in stock locally, I have to "special order".

I still wear them exclusively as they just fit so well.
Quote Reply
Re: Aqua Sphere Kayenne Goggle User Review [DavidK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 I love them as well. The tri shop I bought them from told me to get a small size, which I thought was weird at first but they fit like a dream. Used them for IMFL and have a backup pair as well.

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I inherited a pair from my daughter when she went with Swedes.
I LOVE them, but I'm pretty near-sighted. The visibility and comfort are great. AND, they are pretty slim against the face.
Since they don't offer a corrective lens model, I got tired of not seeing anything except the black line in the pool and I couldn't see enough to race in them. Now, if they make some corrective inserts........

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you again for all of the applications! Emails have been sent to a very diverse crowd. We are looking forward to the feedback.

Lou3000, Have you tried a Kayenne or Kaiman small fit? Sometimes the regular fit is a little bit big for a swimmers face. Pulling the straps too tight can cause the seal to leak a little bit. These goggles don't need to be pulled super tight as the seal and goggle will take the form of your face.

Doc, We make an excellent goggle with corrective lenses (replaceable), they are called the Aqua Sphere Eagle.

jake

Get outside!
Last edited by: jakers: May 15, 11 4:49
Quote Reply
Re: Aqua Sphere Kayenne Goggle User Review [jakers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would like to participate if you need a larger pool Jake.
dan(at)fluidwebdesign(dot)ca

----------------------
TriAnotherDay.com
Quote Reply
Re: Aqua Sphere Kayenne Goggle User Review [Lou3000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lou3000 wrote:
Just to stop the product love in, I love everything about this goggle in store, the sockets feel super soft, the lenses are good, the adjustment seems like a game changer, but they leaked like crazy for me. Both the Kaimen and the Kayenne. I just never got a good seal with either one.

Any recommendations or is this just a no go for my eye shape. I have Speedo Vanquishers and B70 Hydra Visions that don't let a drop in.

Interesting. I also have the same problem with both the Kaimen and Kayenne. I have tried the original versions of both and the smaller model of the Kaimen. They all leaked... especially during races when intensity is turned up and dolphin diving takes place. Doubly interesting is that my goggle of choice is the Speedo Vanqiusher which, like you stated, do not let a drop of water in.

That being said, many of my athlete friends successfully use Aquasphere goggles and do not have any issues with leakage. Different goggles for different faces, I suppose.
Quote Reply