Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What's in your SHOE stable? [captcandybars] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Current:

Etonic Tayu TR
Saucony Triumph 8
Zoot Energy 2.0
Zoot Zoonie (pretty much their TT race shoe, 10k or less sockless for me)
Saucony Triumph 7 - don't run much in these, get pain in the left foot.

Dead shoes - got 1000 km on the Adidas, 700km on each of the rest:

Adidas Supernova Glide 2
Brooks Ghost 2
Saucony Triumph 6
Zoot Energy 2.0 (x2)
Quote Reply
Re: What's in your SHOE stable? [SneakySpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Newton MV2 - "was" my fav shoe until I tried the Merrill
Merrill Road Glove - On my third pair and have no reason to change
Quote Reply
Re: What's in your SHOE stable? [super80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: What's in your SHOE stable? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mrs. Marcos....please, you need help.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: What's in your SHOE stable? [starless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
starless wrote:
OK. I work in the shoe business, and I've recently cut down my stable dramatically – to the shoes that I actually run in:
– Vivobarefoot EVO (daily trainer)
– Inov-8 F-lite 195 (distance shoe)
– Inov-8 F-lite 195 (with spikes for winter running)
– Inov-8 X-talon 190 (favourite trail shoe)
– Inov-8 Bare-X 150 (haven't run much in them yet, may become a good tri shoe)
– Adidas Adipure Adapt (interval/track shoe)
Asics Fuji Racer (a trail shoe that I'm testing)

I know this post is over a month old but how do you like the Asics Fuji Racer
I just got a pair today and they are really light for a trail shoe. Went for my first run today in them, they feel like a racing flat with a stiff plate in them.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: What's in your SHOE stable? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3 pairs of Brookes Adrenaline GTS12
K-swiss California (dead for running so now my everyday shoes)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, in my current rotation:

- Asics Gel Flash DS: These are my favorite lightweight trainers. Too bad they stopped making them 6 years ago. These are so worn out that I can only use them for short runs on dry roads (no tread on the bottom). Plus they're flourescent green which I like.
- Asics Gel-Nimbus: Daily trainer, long runs. These are heavy and have lots of cushion - just what I like when I am chasing miles. I've had about 5 of these and they last me ~700 miles apiece.
- Saucony Kinvara II: Racing flat, workout shoes. These are a perfect racing flat for me, comfortable and light with enough cushion to be comfortable when my legs are dead.
- Nike Kennedy XC: Best cross country spike ever made - have gone through 3 pairs, used them through college and bring them out now and again for trail races.
- New Balance Minimus MT-10: Got these as soon as they came out, great for trails but not comfortable on the road for me.

On the wish list:

- New Balance 890: I'm hoping these will replace my Nimbus' if they are comfortable enough.
- Saucony Kinvara III: Will get these once my II's wear out.

Favorite shoe ever:

- Nike Air Pegasus circa 2003: Can't beat these, super plush cushion which wears down over time and begins to fit like a glove, waffle sole, faux leather. They used to last me into the 800 mile range and would still be comfortable for everyday stuff afterwards. Too bad Nike changed the last and forever tarnished my opinion of the subsequent models.
Quote Reply
Re: What's in your SHOE stable? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
I know this post is over a month old but how do you like the Asics Fuji Racer
I just got a pair today and they are really light for a trail shoe. Went for my first run today in them, they feel like a racing flat with a stiff plate in them.

jaretj
Thats exactly what they are. The Fuji Racer is a trail racing flat. A great one from what I can tell.
Quote Reply
Re: What's in your SHOE stable? [scottydoubleewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Recovery/Easy days: Adidas Supernova Sequence 4. Very solid all around shoe, nice snug fit for my thin-ish foot, and a good sturdy ride for when I'm feeling shot up a little.

Regular Training:
1) Asics Sky Speed 2- shame they're discontinued, this was/is a fantastic shoe for everyday training. I don't like them for anything faster than Half Marathon pace (a little too inflexible for me), but great for the majority of my running.

2) Newton Gravitas- Got these lightly used, very nice shoe for days when I'm feeling peppery, but no hard workout planned. Instead of running too hard, I use these and focus on form and running as fast as I can with minimal exertion (i.e. efficiently)

Speed Training/Races:
1) Adidas Adios- Good enough for Geb, good enough for me. Light, fits great, feels FASTASTIC at race paces. Occasionally used in a workout, but primarily for races in the 10k-20k region.

2)Adidas Rocket - picked them up at an outlet on the cheap. Workout shoe. I don't particularly like them on the track, but they're fine for roadwork.

3) Saucome Type A4- These are my A game shoes for up to 15k. Too thin and shallow for me to go longer, but they're really, really nice for short stuff, especially in the rain.

I'm lusting after a pair of Mizuno Wave Ronin for the short fast stuff, they're awesome.

Minimal:
1) NB Minimus 10 Trail- These are nice, they fit me well, I just don't love them. I have certainly loved some of the runs I have gone on with them, but they just don't speak to me.

2) Saucony Kinvara 3- Nice little shoe this. Again, don't love them as they're too roomy in the forefoot for me to do anything but easy stuff, but they do have a nice ride.

I also have various other shoes that occasionally get used for running, but those are my main rotation right now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zoot Advantage - my long run shoes

Puma Faas 300 - moderate/tempo/track shoes

Mizuno Wave Musha 2 race flats under 10 miles

Looking to get another pair of K-swiss Kwicky Blade Light's for long races (up to 26.2), but the price is steep.

ErgDB Erg & PowerAgent workout generator | My blog - special thanks to Kiwami
Quote Reply
Re: What's in your SHOE stable? [RFXCrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's exactly how I would describe it.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zoot Kalani - Long Run

Inov-8 233 Road - Sub 15km and intervals.

Struggling to find shoes that I really like. Zoots are okay but a bit too wide in the heel and too tight forefoot. inov-8's feel great but at 180lbs I think I might be a touch too heavy to have them on for much over 15km. I would like something 6-9mm drop, cushioned, wide forefoot, thin heel. Any takers?

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2 Newton Motions - 1 for shorter runs, 1 for everything else
Newton Distance S
Brooks Pure Flow
Brooks Adrenaline
Last edited by: ffmedic84: Aug 1, 12 17:20
Quote Reply
Re: What's in your SHOE stable? [trislayer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trislayer wrote:
I wandered past the pile of running shoes in my room, and I had to revisit this old thread.

I think I had 3 pair of running shoes back at the start of this. Now......

Traning shoe #1.....Brooks Ravena (probably have >2000 miles on them)
Training shoe #2.....Brooks Ravena 2
Training shoe #3.....Brooks Racer ST4 (retired from racing, used for short brick runs).
Racing flats....Saucony Grid Type A4
Trail shoes....Montrail Rogue Racer

I suspect the shoe stable will expend further within the next couple of months. I'm going to need some x-country racers.

I took a moment to stare at my ever increasing collection of running shoes this morning, and I had to revisit this thread for a 3rd time to check my evolution (or devolution). I think that if I go find my first post in this thread, I may only have 2 pairs of shoes listed. The current gang of shoes:

New Balance 870 - trainer
Brooks Pure Cadence (1st generation) - trainer - about to be retired from service
Brooks Pure Cadence 2 - trainer
Brooks Cascadia - trail training
Brooks Ravena 4 - just pulled out of the box - trainer
Saucony A4 (same as from my 2012 post) - racing flats - about to be retired
Skechers GoMeb Speed 2 - racing flats
Skechers GoRun Ultra - new - trainer - These are shaping up to be my primary winter trainer for running in the snow. The tread on these is incredible.

In reference to the current ST poll - 6 of these were purchased at my local running specialty store. One pair was purchased on-line, and one pair was a gift.
Quote Reply
Re: What's in your SHOE stable? [jasondubose] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This thread sounds like a couple of guys looking to see which has the tallest weener.....
So I couldn' t resist to put my number of shoes on the table
Around 40 pairs of newtons, 6 from nike, a few asics, 6 hoka's, 5 adidas, some saucony's, 3 altra, 1 topo athketic and this is just what i kept.
I donated about 5 trash cans full of running shoes to the local school, but yeh i' m a shoe salesman so i have an excuse. Although that's what keep telling myself......and to write reviews on them here at ST.

I always call myself the imelda marcos of running and bike shoes

Happy running and just enjoy your shoes

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: What's in your SHOE stable? [trislayer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's always rotating, never the same for very long. This is what I've run in the last 6 months.

1. Newton Kismet
2. Hoka Clifton
3. Saucony Triumph 12 ISO
4. Brooks Adrenaline GTS 15
5. Asics GT 2000 3
6. New Balance Zante
7. On Cloud Racer

Dave Jewell
Free Run Speed

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Newton Sir Isaac
Newton Gravity
Newton Mv2
On Cloudsurfer
On Cloud runner winter eddition

and an old knackered pair of speciazied bike shoes, I forget what they are

-

http://www.thetrinerd.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to be a pure runner, have been doing 50% running 50% swimming for the past 6 months. Am starting cycling back up for July Vineman in 2015.

My shoe selection has def gotten cheaper in the past few years as I'm realizing that I don't need built up shoes anymore, although I can't really run in pure minimalist shoes since they strain my Achilles too much.

My shoe stable:
- $20 Target run sneaker #1
- $34 Target run sneaker #2 (costs more probably for looks alone, which is why I bought it - feels like the $20 shoe, got a semi-minimalist feel)
- 5 year old Brooks Adrenaline
- 6 year old Brooks Adrenaline

I have the money to buy pricier shoes, and there is really no issue with the cost since running shoes last nearly forever for me, but after finding that the semi-minimalist weight/style of the el-cheapo Target shoes work, I've been using them more and more. I will add, though, that I don't think that they're necessarily better bang for the buck than a built up shoe - the reason why those Target sneakers are cheap is precisely because they have less padding technology and other features than the normal running shoes. Maybe not $100+ work of technology, but there's no doubt that the midsole, outer, and design of the Brooks and other running sneakers are more substantial than the Target sneakers. I'd only use them if you're like me and like a lighter shoe that feels more like a racing flat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll bite on this one as I too have issues just saying no to buying shoes.

Skora Fit - These are my distance flats because they are just so damn durable. I love how they fit and going sockless isn't an issue at all. Very light, zero drop and an asymmetrical lace up. Whats not to like?

Newton Tri-Racer - These are my racing flats and speed work shoes. Sometimes I'll wear the Skora's for speed work but usually its these guys. The pull loop is great, the weight is incredible and the default elastic laces show that Newton knows what we as triathletes want in a competition shoe.

Newton Gravity - These are the newest in my collection but I've been using them for longer slower runs. They have a 3mm drop which I'm not typically fond of but with these I barely notice them. Eventually these are destined to replace my Skora's (if they ever wear) and keep me accustomed to running with lugs all the time.

Nike Free Run 3.0 Custom - The first running shoes I really loved. I ordered these through the Nike iD program so I know these are one of a kind. I typically use these when I travel because they double as footwear I can use kicking around as well.

Nike Free Run 5.0 - I got these to see what the major difference was between 3.0 and 5.0 and as far as I can tell the answer was "very little" or at least anything that's noticeable to me.

Nike Free Run 3.0 SHEILD - These are my rain/snow runner. They stay dry but give up some flexibility in the upper. The materials are stiffer so you can tell while running that your foot is slightly more restricted but it wasn't anything that would offset soggy feet.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: What's in your SHOE stable? [cshowe80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Asics Gel Nimbus 16
Asics Gel DS Racer 10

...that's it.
Quote Reply
Re: What's in your SHOE stable? [hiro11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Used to be different stuff. Now just three pairs of Hoka Clifton.
Quote Reply

Prev Next