Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anybody have pictures of Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL with Wheelcover?
Quote | Reply
I'd like to see a picture of a Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL with a Wheelbuilder wheelcover please. If you have one, how is the fit, primarily around the outer edge where the cover meets the carbon fairing? Any issues with interference? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody have pictures of Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL with Wheelcover? [vibrolux] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump...want to see the same thing!
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody have pictures of Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL with Wheelcover? [vibrolux] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is my Mavic Cosmic Carbon SL w/ powertap and WheelBuilder aerojacket and it doesn't really fit well on this specialized transition frame.

Quote Reply
Re: Anybody have pictures of Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL with Wheelcover? [hardybreed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does the wheel not fit or the wheelcover?

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody have pictures of Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL with Wheelcover? [hardybreed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you post a picture showing how close it is to the stays? Did you have to move the wheel back?
Thanks for posting, I was after the same thing as the OP. Luckily you have the same bike as me as well huzzah!
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody have pictures of Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL with Wheelcover? [chezchapstick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody have pictures of Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL with Wheelcover? [chezchapstick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The wheel fits fine, but I never did use the wheel cover. Just too close. Ended up getting a Quark this year and a Reynolds disc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to sound kind of ignorant...too close to what?

I am thinking about this combo for my Slice, but wondering exactly what you mean. Thanks for the help!

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had that setup on my last wheelset and it was a great fit-no problems. Also, using electrical tape in place of some of the fasteners can work very well. Impressed with the fit.
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody have pictures of Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL with Wheelcover? [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
why do you want to drill holes into a beautiful wheel?

get some grungy ass dt swiss rr1.2 laced to a tiagra hub and drill, baby, drill!
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody have pictures of Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL with Wheelcover? [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fit is only a problem with bikes that have a very narrow chain stay, like my bike the specialized transition. The cone of the disc cover does not fit tight against the spokes. I have heard of people using double sided tape, but I would not go that far, and not depend on it in a race that's for sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I see what you mean now. Makes sense, never noticed the tight chainstays. It shouldn't be a problem with my Slice.

Thanks for the help!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got mine today for Cosmic carbone plus Transition. I applied with electrical tape and didn't need to adjust the wheel position at all - no rub and I can see daylight between the cover and stays.
Quote Reply