Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Reviews of the new LeMond Revolution
Quote | Reply
Not sure if anyone has had a chance to sample this yet or if it's even for sale, but wanted to check.

It seems to be a wind trainer which would take me out of the running due to noise, but I'm not certain due to the lack of description on the site. I like the idea of saving my rear wheel though since over half my time is trainer based.
Last edited by: climbcarolina: Jul 4, 10 14:34
Quote Reply
Re: Reviews of the new LeMond Revolution [climbcarolina] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw somewhere that it'll be available in "the summer of 2010"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd be more enthusiastic about a wind trainer if the fan would actually blow on you while you ride.

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Quote Reply
Re: Reviews of the new LeMond Revolution [MOP_Mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Reviews of the new LeMond Revolution [Tricky Dick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Cool! Thanks. If I just had the skillz to ride rollers that would be awesome. ;)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Killer Headwind adds a lot of resistance but it does very little to cool you. A lot more fans are required.
Quote Reply
Re: Reviews of the new LeMond Revolution [Sausagetail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am tempted to buy the Revolution AS SOON it hits the shelf!
It is going to cost a small fortune here in Europe, but with my experience with different trainers this is what I wan't.
Any idea how loud wind trainers like this are?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love this part from the web site: "Breakthrough design feels more like riding on the road than any other bike trainer." I guess he meant to say "Breakthrough design feels more like riding on the road than any other bike trainer except the "Road Machine" that we copied."
On the one hand I am really happy these are in production because I have wanted one for years and been unable to find one. On the other hand I wish he would have been more up front with credit for the design.
Cheers,
Jim

Last edited by: Bio_McGeek: Jul 7, 10 14:22
Quote Reply
Re: Reviews of the new LeMond Revolution [Bio_McGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I love this part from the web site: "Breakthrough design feels more like riding on the road than any other bike trainer." I guess he meant to say "Breakthrough design feels more than any other bike trainer except the "Road Machine" that we copied."
On the one hand I am really happy these are in production because I have wanted one for years and been unable to find one. On the other hand I wish he would have been more up front with credit for the design.
Cheers,
Jim
In Reply To:

Yep I can only agree Jim. Some times the old stuff is the best :-)
But to be fair: The new trainer does seem like it have some small improvements from the original model, but yes, they are similar in design!
Last edited by: Lars Ejaas: Jul 7, 10 14:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'd be more enthusiastic about a wind trainer if the fan would actually blow you while you ride.

Fixed it for you. ;-)

The loud whirring/whining noise it makes, which sounds strangely like "Lance is a doper" repeated ad infinitum, would put me off a bit too.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its patent might have expired...
Quote Reply
Re: Reviews of the new LeMond Revolution [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That would certainly make the trainer sessions more enjoyable. :)

Quote Reply
Re: Reviews of the new LeMond Revolution [Sausagetail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Its patent might have expired...

Sure, I'm not alleging any infringement. But it would have been impressive for Lemond in his video to say "The Houdalle Road Machine was an excellent trainer and we have reproduced it with a few improvements". Could have been a breath of fresh air instead of morning after beer breath.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Similar to this?:
http://www.luescherteknik.com.au/...0General%20Flyer.pdf

_________________________________________________________________________________
Training Plans -- Power Meter Hire -- SRM Sales Australia -- cyclecoach.com -- My Blog -- Sydney Turbo Studio
Quote Reply
Re: Reviews of the new LeMond Revolution [Alex Simmons] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How cool is that?! I didn't know Raoul was making a trainer. The man is a full-on genius. McGyver in the flesh.
I don't see any mention of resistance. Is there a resistance unit that isn't shown? Maybe fan blades on the back side of the flywheel?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I love this part from the web site: "Breakthrough design feels more like riding on the road than any other bike trainer." I guess he meant to say "Breakthrough design feels more like riding on the road than any other bike trainer except the "Road Machine" that we copied."
Cheers,
Jim

I'm glad you brought this up, that was quite obvious. As I recall, the Findlay Road Machine was quite popular in th 80's and early 90's, but for some reason that is not clear to me, went out of production. The original cost was somewhere around $200.00, which seemed like a lot back then.

I was lucky enough to find one of these old trainers on EBAY a few years ago, and it is the smoothest trainer that I've ever used. The only downside is that I cannot use my Powertap on it, but that shouldn't be a problem for those individuals using a Quarq or SRM Powermeter.

There's not much of a problem with noise. That is because the fan is relatively large so it doesn't have to spin as fast to get the same resistance as those small turbines on the typical wind trainers.

Another similar system is the ATS which was made in Australia. Very expensive, but it's the same general idea.
Quote Reply
Re: Reviews of the new LeMond Revolution [Dreadnought] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Reviews of the new LeMond Revolution [Dreadnought] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still not a lot of news about the new Lemond trainer - anyone tried it yet?
Quote Reply
Re: Reviews of the new LeMond Revolution [Lars Ejaas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They can't seem to get a problem figured out. It makes a constant whining sound.''''waaaaaaaaaaa, waaa, waaaaaaaaaaa".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's really helpfull - thanks * sarcasm off*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I smell "bait and switch"! The first picture of the rear wheel/cassette looks like a carbon design (nice and black). Aliminum on the second picture--what gives???? I would also like to see aero numbers on the spoke design before I get on anything.

In Reply To:
Cheers,
Jim

-------------------------------------------------
"Marco [Pantani], why are you such a strong climber? To shorten my pain".
Quote Reply
Re: Reviews of the new LeMond Revolution [DotBomber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like the release is pulled back to October. However, for the interested there is a review here:

http://velocitynation.com/...d-revolution-trainer

Hopefully the noise level will be acceptable when it finally hits the shelfs. Seems like this is something they have been working on at Lemond Fitness, and this has apparently delayed the launch somewhat...
Quote Reply
Re: Reviews of the new LeMond Revolution [Lars Ejaas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been using a LeMond Revolution trainer for about 2 months (I talked my wife into letting me get one as a Christmas gift). Here in Minnesota (at least for me) outdoor training during the winter months is not an option. For the last 15 years or so I have used various makes and models of indoor trainers, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. My experience with the Revolution has been overwhelmingly positive with the only drawback being the noise factor which I don't find as big an issue as others have made it out to be. Before I purchased this trainer, I did spend a lot of time shopping at the various bike shops in the area and had the opportunity to bring home and demo 5 of the currently manufactured (high end) models on the market. The Revolution so far has turned out to be the right choice for me, and if I had to repeat the process, I would have arrived at the same choice.

"Speed Kills...It kills those that don't have it!"

Yes, I realize speling is a chalunge for sum of us...I am inkluded in that grup, so pleze fourgiv me.
Quote Reply