Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Poop running down leg guy
Quote | Reply
At Augusta, I was on the first lap of the run and was passed by a gentleman who had totally crapped his shorts with nasty diarrea. It was all over the back of his leg, streaked down and running into his shoes. Now granted he may have been setting a PR and didn't want to stop. His pace was probably about 7:15 min/mile. Hell, he may have even been a pro; I couldn't see the marker on his calf due to the sh$t. I'm just curious if this is accetable, if this has ever happened to you, or would you let it happen to you? Me, I think I would take the two minutes to try and clean up in T2 or at first aid station. I don't fault the guy, it was just a little nasty to look at.
Quote Reply
Re: Poop running down leg guy [Andy S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know what they say...don't knock it until you try it :)

Seriously though, that's never crossed my mind. I'm slow and the difference in going 5:55 and 5:53 in a 70.3 is not nearly enough to make me crap myself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gross...

In Reply To:
At Augusta, I was on the first lap of the run and was passed by a gentleman who had totally crapped his shorts with nasty diarrea. It was all over the back of his leg, streaked down and running into his shoes. Now granted he may have been setting a PR and didn't want to stop. His pace was probably about 7:15 min/mile. Hell, he may have even been a pro; I couldn't see the marker on his calf due to the sh$t. I'm just curious if this is accetable, if this has ever happened to you, or would you let it happen to you? Me, I think I would take the two minutes to try and clean up in T2 or at first aid station. I don't fault the guy, it was just a little nasty to look at.
it's not acceptable to be eating fresh pankcakes and read this post. ;(

It's not about the bike, it's just along for the ride.
Quote Reply
Re: Poop running down leg guy [baxnelly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Gross...

Pretty sure poop doesn't come out the front....

I believe someone said this guy puked.
Quote Reply
Re: Poop running down leg guy [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Gross...

Pretty sure poop doesn't come out the front....

I believe someone said this guy puked.
Nope. He was placing very high at a fairly high level race in Europe. And poop will come out wherever there is an opening. Think of the shorts like a loose diaper.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did a sprint race this past weekend, and from about minute 3 of the run I was occupied with thoughts of "Bushes, let it go, or hold it".

I held it, but was worried every time a fart reared it's head that something else might come with it.

Fortunately I made it to the finish line and the rest room.

Perhaps this guy was thinking the same thing, and he got a little surprise with his fart.
Quote Reply
Re: Poop running down leg guy [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I did a sprint race this past weekend, and from about minute 3 of the run I was occupied with thoughts of "Bushes, let it go, or hold it".

I held it, but was worried every time a fart reared it's head that something else might come with it.

Fortunately I made it to the finish line and the rest room.

Perhaps this guy was thinking the same thing, and he got a little surprise with his fart.
That's what my fiancee said. And this was way way more than a "little" surprise
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Probably should have worn SNL's 'Oops! I crapped my pants' underwear.

18x Ironman, 3x Hawaii
US Army (Ret.), Vietnam Vet ('71-'72)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

That would be a "shart"
Last edited by: justgeorge: Sep 30, 09 9:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I should've finished my lunch before opening this thread
Quote Reply
Re: Poop running down leg guy [squid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I should've finished my lunch before opening this thread
+50000000000000
Quote Reply
Re: Poop running down leg guy [squid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What were you expecting based on the title? An updated Hottie Thread or something?

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Poop running down leg guy [SwBkRn44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well dont forget the glorious Uta Pipig winning Boston moment caught on USAToday. My Mom later told me that she couldnt believe the muscle definition on Uta... and I had to tell her, that wasnt muscle, it was poo. Mom was shocked that she would still run and embarrass herself. Yeah, all the way to a Boston win.

But at the Cherry Blossom 10 miler one year I was chugging along at about a 7 minute pace at mile 6 or so and smelled something horrid. Just couldnt get away from it and thought I was going to hurl. It was a girl running near me with a toxic waste stream flowing behind her. 35 degrees plus or minus. I had to go hard for a mile to get away from her as she just didnt care, but I thought I was going to be seriously sick.

It takes all kinds...
Quote Reply
Re: Poop running down leg guy [tree hugger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love Cherry Blossom, one of my all-time favorite races.

Glad I was never near that girl or it could have ruined it for me!

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Poop running down leg guy [tree hugger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A couple of years ago Paula Radcliffe stopped on the side of the road and took a dump during the London Marathon.
Quote Reply
Re: Poop running down leg guy [SwBkRn44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What were you expecting based on the title? An updated Hottie Thread or something?
x2. Hrm. "I'm eating lunch, I think I'll look at a poop thread. There's BOUND to be pictures!"

???

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: Poop running down leg guy [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just got back from a 50 mile ride so I was starving. My son wanted a hotdog , so I a make a few . I had no breakfast so I am starving, my wife had frozen some chili a week or so back. I defrosted it put on my hot dog sit down and read this thread. What the hell was I thinking? This "CHILI" dog is good though. Okay someone out this guy find out who he is and I will email him tonight to get a explanation.

Re: Poop running down leg guy [slink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
A couple of years ago Paula Radcliffe stopped on the side of the road and took a dump during the London Marathon.
IIRC it was a number 1, not a number 2.

Steve Cram on the BBC live commentary explained Paula's stop&squat in the gutter as 'stretching out a cramp'.

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Quote Reply
Re: Poop running down leg guy [Barchettaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never acceptable, even if you're leading its -

Be known by a small minority for winning a race in an obscure sport
Be know by many for being on the front page of Failblog or Youtube.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"...and he got a little surprise with his fart."

Well said.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last year at IM Lou I was "running" towards the turn at the end of the first lap and there was a girl in front of me with white compression socks on. From a distance it looked like she had mud running down her legs. I remember thinking to myself as I was catching her that she much have had a wreck or somehow fallen down in transition and gotten dirty.

Obviously, you know how this story ends. The closer I got the more obvious it became. In fact, once I got within earshot it sounded like she was praying out loud for divine help in getting her to the finish.

The catch was, at least from what I could observe at the time, this girl was SMOKING hot. I was only running slightly faster than her, so as I was slowly making my pass it was funny when the other (male) athletes would first "check her out" as we moved past, then to have their look change dramatically when she completed the pass and they realized what was going on.

Oh, and I'm not to proud to admit that she headed down the finish chute (no pun intended) as I made the turn to the 2nd lap. Don't know if she was really fast or was DNF'ing, but that's where she went.
Quote Reply
Re: Poop running down leg guy [baxnelly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The spectators in the background are priceless. If those aren't WTF looks, I don't know what is!

"It's too dangerous and expensive to ride with d*ckheads" -tridork

Quote Reply
Re: Poop running down leg guy [craigstrispot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ummm this was really disgusting.

Bike Racks Never leave home without one.
Quote Reply
Re: Poop running down leg guy [RememberOtto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My friends saw the same girl at IMLoo. All I can say is she is a Professional triathlete.....

------------------------------------------
http://twitter.com/tridave

| Bonzai Sports | Blue Seventy | First Endurance |
Quote Reply

Prev Next