Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Campy Record Cranks - Fake or Not
Quote | Reply
Has anybody seen a set like this? I personally have not seen a Campy crankset without the logo and model both.

"you know, aero trumps training ;-) "
R10C 10/09
Quote Reply
Re: Campy Record Cranks - Fake or Not [Boudreaux] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like some of the original Record carbon cranks, although it looks like maybe the decal and clear coat were redone. If they are cheap enough (and I'm talking <$200), they might be worth checking out.

Kevin

~Kevin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Has anybody seen a set like this? I personally have not seen a Campy crankset without the logo and model both.

Send R10C a pm, he can tell you.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have 2 sets that are similar to those. both are 10 speed and 3+ years old.
Quote Reply
Re: Campy Record Cranks - Fake or Not [Petkos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep the newest those could be is 2006, but they are probably older....
Quote Reply
Re: Campy Record Cranks - Fake or Not [Rogue Leader] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually the square tqper in mine are 45 degrees turned and the only company that made a craank like this in aluminum only was TopLine. I bought 2 sets last year that are Record quare taper. Thes crank sets are still available around the world as well as from distributors here
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am pretty sure that JB Importers has NOS of those, but for far less you can get a NOS Alu Record or even Centaur carbon (ST) and save some weight and forget the fact that that particular crank was terrible at absorbing any impact. I recently saw NOS Record (pre-EPS) 10 speed 175mm for $120ish, carbon for $150ish. Now that Campy has 11 out the NOS pool flows deep.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Actually the square tqper in mine are 45 degrees turned and the only company that made a craank like this in aluminum only was TopLine. I bought 2 sets last year that are Record quare taper. Thes crank sets are still available around the world as well as from distributors here
Right but Campy went external BB - ultratorque from 2007 on. So if they are real Campy parts, they are 2006 model year or older cranks....
Quote Reply
Re: Campy Record Cranks - Fake or Not [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thats the fact.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They don't look like any Campy cranks I've seen; the old square taper carbon cranks (and indeed all square taper Campy cranks I'm aware of) have the square turned 45 degrees, i.e. corner of the square points toward the end of the crank. Also, AFAIK, all Campy cranks are done with unidirectional carbon, no woven topcoat. Shape of the carbon spider is different too; here's the genuine article:
http://www.lickbike.com/lickimages/0061.gif
Quote Reply
Re: Campy Record Cranks - Fake or Not [Drew_O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree - note also the missing (different) pedal inserts and lack of Campagnolo script on the arms. Interestingly, they are marked inside each arm with Campy script and 172.5 02972.

R10C 10/09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These are 100% the original Record carbon cranks, very rare and beautiful. I should know, i own
2 sets. One 175 and one 172.5.
I think they are in the 2003 catalog and when they were launched the rrp was something like
€900, but i got my new set for less than half that.
They are seriuosly undervalued at the moment, sell for very little if you can get one on ebay.
IF you want to see them on a race bike, look up the old once giant tcr gold. http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/...ec02/giant10k/cranks These just have gold text to match the bike.
Something most people do not know is that these were handmade, hence the price and also
were the lightest square taper cranks Campag ever made.
I think the are about 50g lighter than the later record version everyone knows.
I like these a lot so please know they are not fakes,
Ciao
Quote Reply
Re: Campy Record Cranks - Fake or Not [aidanb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thank you; I got the same answer from another who had done a bit of reasearch also...

R10C 10/09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, had a friend with those in 2003. They're legit.

I love how everyone's memory only goes back to 2006, so it obviously must be fake......

Is this Chris Boudreaux?
Quote Reply
Re: Campy Record Cranks - Fake or Not [trimess] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope, its Kai...Boudreaux is in the back fourty rolling in somethng I don't want to know about!

R10C 10/09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so you're stealing another man's screen name, fopaugh, fopaugh!

Well tell him Dave Mess says hello.
Quote Reply