Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

a Friday morning 5k, my life is just awesome right now.
Quote | Reply
There should be more races on Friday mornings. I'm enchanted with the idea of racing on a Friday morning, for some reason, I've been looking forward to this little 5k for a month. And this is my AWESOME weekend -

Tuesday: called my aunt, as the race is near her house, and I'm hoping I can spend Thursday night with them. I visit them quite often but haven't been here for awhile, and when Leslie, my kindergarten cousin answers the phone, she bubbles "ALYIE!!!! when are you coming to stay with our family again?" I've never felt so loved. My aunt isn't there, so I talk to Jillian - a senior in high school, and on the XC team - and she assures me that "I'm sure you can come spend the night, I'll run with you if I'm not too tired from our meet Thursday."

Wednesday: I finally get to talk to my aunt, who says very sweetly that they'd love to have me, and what time should I expect you?

Thursday: I'm done classes at 10:45 (for the week, I don't have any Friday classes). I volunteer at a middle school XC meet with some other members of my running club, which is WICKED fun. I get to Augusta around 8pm, sneak up to Leslie's room to see if she's still up. She is, with headphones on, listening to Charlotte's Web on tape. She squeals when she sees me, gives me a hug, asks if we can play LIFE tomorrow after school, and then tells me "okay, I need to go to bed now, I'm almost done with the book and it's a really good part." I don't know whether to laugh or cry: I've been trumped by Charlotte and Timpleton and Wilbur. I have a bedtime snack, show Cricket (aunt) and Jillian how to use the foam roller (they think it's awesome, and now want one, for ski season), and am in bed at 10'oclock.

Friday: Wake up, warmup, race:

50 min w/u
5k race - 20:56 (6:20, 6:45, 20:06, 0:50)
20 min c/d

Third place female (got my tail kicked, winning women's time was 19:05), started out on a big downhill with the lead guys because I like running with nice looking runner boys. They had a police car for the part before you got on the rail trail ("COOL!" I said, "I want to catch it," one of the guys said "five bucks if you do," I laughed, "find me after"), cousin cheering at the corner as I fell into my stride, the second mile pretty flat along the railroad bed and it's cool, the sky's a pretty gray, out to the turnaround - ten minutes, okay, nice but you'll have to go back up the hill. My legs are good, smooth, if you could only see me run - I'm thinking about the hill as I go back and left-turn the corner, I've been thinking of the hill and already cursing at it the whole race but as I hit it, relax like Suzanne and I like it - now I think I could've pushed more on it, but I didn't die going up it. Finish, run back and out through town, laughing at how much I'm enjoying this outside, these tall buildings, like a CITY!

It's just so COOL to race on a Friday morning. Rest of the day and not necessarily in this order: study, swim and or water run, go to Leslie's school to surprise her and have lunch with her, and play on the playground for recess!!!!!!!! (I'm 21 going on 2), play LIFE with Leslie and read to her, go to Reid's (sophomore in HS) soccer game if it doesn't rain.

Saturday: not sure, probably studying and a little of each swim bike run.

Sunday: a trail race - I THINK - I need to get details on this, like "how long is it." Later, going to the Jordan Pond House with running club friends - and my brother (I love my brother more than anything else in the world). For those of you not familiar with the island - the Jordan Pond House has POPOVERS! and I get to see my running family. And the ocean (which does not exist at school).

Happy Friday :D

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: a Friday morning 5k, my life is just awesome right now. [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's awesome. I get to do inventory all day. Woooohoooo!

Quote | Reply
Very Nice.

Friday's are always great!
Last Friday -- finished the annual performance appraisals.
Today -- taking younger daughter to spend the weekend with older daughter at college. If the town burns down this weekend, it's purely coincidence!
Next Friday -- going to DC to hit the Phillips with a friend.

Life's Good!
Quote Reply
Re: a Friday morning 5k, my life is just awesome right now. [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"if the town burns down it's purely coincidence"

LOL.

Got one piece of homework done - now it is swim/water run time while I am still CAFFEINATED I think, then lunch with the little one :-)

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: a Friday morning 5k, my life is just awesome right now. [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congratulations!! Sounds like a great race and some good family time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"For those of you not familiar with the island - the Jordan Pond House has POPOVERS!"

Freaking tourist...make sure you get a hat with lobster claws sticking out of it. ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: a Friday morning 5k, my life is just awesome right now. [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL.

You, my dear, are just jealous :D

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What a great way to start a day! I'm so happy for you, you sound truly happy so im smiling at that thought. Great to hear! In a couple of weeks I have one of my favorite races of the year. This halloween run that starts at like 5:30 on a tuesday evening. What makes it even better is that last year Lisa brought Kaiya in the jogging stroller and walked it and this year kaiya will be in costume and enter that contest!!!! I think at least one of us will be walking away with a win!

God's in his heaven, alls right with the world -Nerv
Quote Reply
Re: a Friday morning 5k, my life is just awesome right now. [suparuki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What did Coach Kaiya say about your little adventure last weekend? Hope you're recovering well.

We have a Halloween race too - Ledgelawn Mile - last year I volunteered and was the announcer, couldn't run in the witch dress very well. This year I am going to run :D

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
she said what she always says. that im too slow and need to apply myself more! LOL Although I have to say at mile 22 when I felt like absolute crap seeing her there all excited to see me then giving me a kiss good bye was just like awesome!

God's in his heaven, alls right with the world -Nerv
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alyie, glad to see you having such a great weekend. There is nothing like friends and family. Take care, get some rest and eat some healthy foods-Lobster Bisque or maybe??????

chris

"You can quit, and no one will care if you do. But you will know."
~John Collins, Ironman founder

Member HED Mafia
Quote Reply