Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Phelps conspiracy website :)
Quote | Reply
Sorry if this has already been posted. I searched the forum and didn't see it yet.

http://www.001ofasecond.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Phelps conspiracy website :) [matti58] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice post :) hehehe (evil laugh)

Hard to wrap your head around, but I'm not going to put it past the 'powers that be' to pull something like that. Though I doubt this site will gain any momentum....again the powers that be are so, because they are strong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is the cleanest sequence of Michael's out-touch that I've been able to find. In frame 5 you can still see water in front of the other guy while Mike's fingers are on the wall. No question in my mind.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/...uence/content.1.html

The website you posted left out a lot of pictures

Ray
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the black helicopters are now circling... you are about to disappear.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought for sure, I was about to be rick rolled...I wish I had been.

Where is the Torres side, out touched by .001 - lol.
Quote Reply
Re: Phelps conspiracy website :) [running2far] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hilarious!
Quote Reply
Re: Phelps conspiracy website :) [RayPlotecia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No matter what it is what it is and I fine with the way things are the same way I would have been fine if they would have turned the other way around.
However, do we have proof that thos pictures (either from SI or from the conspiracy site) have not been touched? Because to me I do not think that it is possible to clearly detect 0.01 seconds which would be about 2mm.

Fred.
Quote Reply
Re: Phelps conspiracy website :) [fred_h] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The timing devices used have to be accurate by one 1000th of a second.
Accuracy that can be achieve with, usually, a quartz oscillator
Quote Reply
Re: Phelps conspiracy website :) [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry I meant to say detect with the human eye (even in slow with style frames)...

Fred.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
when it comes down to 0.01 seconds, they don't use the human eye. they use electronic timing devices and high speed cameras.

if a high speed camera can photograph a bullet impact, i'm pretty sure it can capture someone touching a wall.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That website is really just a "I hate America" website, thinly veiled as a conspiracy about swimming.

Which is guess is okay, because everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just ridiculous when someone feels the need to inject their prejudices into what was really an awesome event.

Re: Phelps conspiracy website :) [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"The timing devices used have to be accurate by one 1000th of a second.
Accuracy that can be achieve with, usually, a quartz oscillator "

On occasion they also use the Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator
Last edited by: Bayman: Aug 19, 08 10:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Because to me I do not think that it is possible to clearly detect 0.01 seconds which would be about 2mm.

By my math, I get 20mm, which is about what it looks like in the SI photo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
No matter what it is what it is and I fine with the way things are the same way I would have been fine if they would have turned the other way around.
However, do we have proof that thos pictures (either from SI or from the conspiracy site) have not been touched? Because to me I do not think that it is possible to clearly detect 0.01 seconds which would be about 2mm.

Fred.

At 100 meters in 50.58 seconds, they are averaging about 2 m / s -- 0.01s would correspond to 0.02 meters (2cm), not 2mm. I'm not sure how fast they were traveling at the end -- Cavic was gliding and likely decelerating, while Phelps's arms were moving much faster than his body.

Quote | Reply
Nice...gotta love a nice C-O-N-spearacy......... must be the man trying to keep a Serbian down.
Last edited by: indytri: Aug 19, 08 10:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
This is the cleanest sequence of Michael's out-touch that I've been able to find. In frame 5 you can still see water in front of the other guy while Mike's fingers are on the wall. No question in my mind.

[tinfoil hat on] oh yeah, because everybody knows that pictures/frames cannot absolutely be retouched or changed in any way [tinfoil hat off]

I am kind of wondering about what is the point of going to 0.01 arbitrarily, it makes me think that we should just have a rule of 'if the human eye can't decide, it's a tie, gold/silver/bronze/whatever to both', in some sports you will be able to see 0.001, but in others going below 0.1 would not really make much sense
Quote Reply
Re: Phelps conspiracy website :) [indytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
next thing you know someone will claim that we didn't walk on the moon, or that Bolt is a powercranks user

sometimes you just have to eat the cake
Quote Reply
Re: Phelps conspiracy website :) [Marco in BC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Swimming only goes to .01 because the limits of the pads accuracy.

They do have a backup high speed camera system above the lanes. They haven't released the images, but it was compelling enough that they withdrew the appeal after seeing the images.
Quote Reply
Re: Phelps conspiracy website :) [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That website is really just a "I hate America" website, thinly veiled as a conspiracy about swimming.

you should create a website about it...
Quote Reply
Re: Phelps conspiracy website :) [indytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

They do have a backup high speed camera system above the lanes. They haven't released the images, but it was compelling enough that they withdrew the appeal after seeing the images.

but that's what I mean, nobody can see 0.01 with the naked eye in swimming, so the lowest meaningful differential should be 0.1ish, and if you are closer than that you just give the gold or w/e to both athletes. What if the pads went to 0.000001, would you really care that athlete x won because they didn't trim their nails for 2 weeks?
Quote Reply
Re: Phelps conspiracy website :) [Marco in BC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

but that's what I mean, nobody can see 0.01 with the naked eye in swimming, so the lowest meaningful differential should be 0.1ish, and if you are closer than that you just give the gold or w/e to both athletes. What if the pads went to 0.000001, would you really care that athlete x won because they didn't trim their nails for 2 weeks?
The thing is the cameras can see .01 of a second, so that's the back up. If you went .1 in an event like the 50 you'd have guys tied all over the place. Losing by small amounts is part of swimming, i don't know how many races i lost and won by hundredths of a second.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/...uence/content.1.html

The website you posted left out a lot of pictures

Is it just me or in the frame showing Phelps' hands touching the wall his right hand is hitting but his left hand is just about to hit the wall. In butterfly (and breaststroke) I thought you had to hit the wall with both hands simultaneously. Clearly there is evidence showing that Phelps' left hand was at least 1/1000 of a second late in hitting the wall, therefore he should be DQ'd. And if he cheated in that event he probably cheated in all 8 of his events and he should forfeit his medals and be banned from swimming.

Time to put on your heat resistant suit...
Quote Reply
Re: Phelps conspiracy website :) [baxnelly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Captain Obvious wants you to know that you're either: A) insane, or, B) insane.

--
"Rock and roll, dude." -- Dave Z., on winning TTs in all 3 Grand Tours.
Quote Reply

Prev Next