Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler
Quote | Reply
As 3athlon.de reports as of today, 2x IM World Champion Normann Stadler will not compete at Ironman European Championship in Frankfurt on July, 6th due an older not complete healed infection/cold.

SRC: http://www.3athlon.de/...it_startverzicht.php

--
kind regards
Kai Baumgartner
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler [kaihawaii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damn........
it would have been an even mor exciting race with normanator in it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
As 3athlon.de reports as of today, 2x IM World Champion Normann Stadler will not compete at Ironman European Championship in Frankfurt on July, 6th due an older not complete healed infection/cold.

SRC: http://www.3athlon.de/...it_startverzicht.php
Is infection a code word for "scared shitless of Macca"???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a huge fan of all of these guys (especially Faris, Macca and Normann) but if this is true, it's very disappointing.

Kai-you know Faris better than most, hopefully he'll change his tactics on Sunday--no sense in pulling Macca all the way to the marathon.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler [Shane D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep I second you on that one.

It's really disappointing though as I was pumped about this one. That will give Macca a huge psychological advantage for Kona now as he'll know he's got Normann running scared.

I really can't see Faris giving Macca anything to worry about either but we'll see!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler [cortez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, obviously it is far more likely that a professional triathlete who makes his living out of racing and being sponsored to race, and who is incidentally a 2-time Kona winner, has pulled out of a race because he is scared of the competition than that he is simply carrying an injury and doesn't want to put his season at risk.

I'm not a Macca- or Normann-hater or -lover, but you are clearly talking absolute bollocks.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler [cartsman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Yes, obviously it is far more likely that a professional triathlete who makes his living out of racing and being sponsored to race, and who is incidentally a 2-time Kona winner, has pulled out of a race because he is scared of the competition than that he is simply carrying an injury and doesn't want to put his season at risk.

I'm not a Macca- or Normann-hater or -lover, but you are clearly talking absolute bollocks.
Agreed

Quote | Reply
While we don't know all the facts, Normann's DNS does look a little weak.

It would've been great for both Normann and Macca to show up in good shape/healthy and race hard against each other.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nothing shocking. Either DNF or DNS. I wonder sometimes if the "D" stands for Deutsche???
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Faris should have paid Bjorn to show up at Ironman Germany instead of LP so that they could do a TTT and pull away from Macca....this is the only way Faris can beat Macca, unless Faris got some 2:42 running legs. All kidding aside, I hope that Faris takes it. The man is ultra cool. I think if he was permitted, he'd have a few steins of the best Bavarian brew on the bike to carb up for the run!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler [r eubanks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My point exactly - all the facts point to Normann not being healthy hence the no-show. If he really didn't want to race Macca until Kona, he could have pulled out a while back under the guise of changing season priorities, rather than withdrawing at the last minute.

I would happily consider toeing the line for an IM if I was carrying an injury or illness so long as I still thought I could get round and not do myself any permanent damage - I'm running for personal achievement so getting round in a slow time but knowing I did so while toughing it out at less than 100% can be a day for me to treasure. Particularly if it's my A race. Totally different ball game for a pro - they don't get paid for sub-par performances and toughing it out can mean that niggly injuries or a minor illness can blow up into something that jeopardises their next payday if not their whole season.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well if it is True then Normann is Chicken shit scared!!!!
As if you read the Thread about him signing with Scott then he was talking it up!!
Oh Napoleon (Normann) can't be liking his new Scott!!!

Don't really think that age of Macca is here, he's 35 so getting old and there are a lot of fast under 30 year old Ironman athletes going very fast!!
Will be interesting to see if he finishes Challenge Roth 1 week after Ironman Germany.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler [CERVELOMAD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe Normann will turn up in Roth and then we'll see if Macca tries to complete the double..
SteveMc
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
quite possibly I am talking bollocks. It wouldn't be the first time ;-)

However it's just my opinion whether bollocks or not.

It seems no coincidence to me that whenever the heat is turned up a notch or two that Normann has a tendency to crumble (ie. two DNF's as defending Kona champion, pulling out of this head to head days before). I don't think I'm alone in that view.

That being said he tends to do well when people write him off so I wouldn't be at all suprised if he smashed Kona again this year.

BTW - I like both Normann and Macca so my view is purely impartial.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed!

Fred.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler [cortez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, I call bollocks. I don't think you win Kona twice without having the heat turned up once or twice during the race. It isn't like he just coasted to a win both times.
Why ruin your season by taking a chance on a race that really doesn't mean anything. Although I am sure he would love to win on home soil. I would imagine that Kona is the "A" race for him.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler [SteveMc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well I do hope that Normann picked up his Ironman Germany race number as they are doing Blood test for all pro athletes so if he doesn't get blood taken there will be a huge amount of speculation thrown on Normann!
Food for thought!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really?? I think it's you that's talking bollocks now. A 20 odd minute lead off the bike in 2004 is as close to coasting as it gets in Ironman racing in my view.

Anyway in terms of heat I was referring to the heat as defending champion at Kona - race build up, expectations that go with it etc etc.

The indisputable fact is that he has DNF'd twice as defending champion and it's no secret he appears to have been a little upset and put off his game a little when coming in as champion. That's the heat I'm talking about.

Anyway we'll see come Kona.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude....come on...smack talk is great...we all love it...keep it coming. Normann has never failed a single test. Be careful what you say in an open forum. You should not better. It is completely unfair to even speculate and I believe it is against the forum rules. The guy is a 2xKona champion and does not deserve this type of innuendo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll second what Dev said.

You really shouldn't be making those type of statements, or speculations about someone that you do not know and who has never been found guilty of anything other than racing hard and giving it his all.

Member of the Litespeed Factory Team
www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
reason of no-show:
normann got acc. to 3athlon.de sick a fe weeks ago after a training session with run and open-water swim with team-mate markus fachbach. this guy was sick too.

other race:
acc. to 3athlon.de normann would like to race IM lake placid, july 20th

--
kind regards
Kai Baumgartner
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Frankfurt 2008: DNS Normann Stadler [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Dev
All I'm saying is pressure does funny things!! I know he is one of the best Triathlete's in the World but this is the biggest race outside Hawaii and has more pressure on him to win than the World Championships!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So being an Ironman UK winner, if you were to go back there and try and win again as a past champion and had to pull out right before the race ,could we then speculate that the pressure to win (since you had already won there once before), must have been too great and you were likely juiced up?

Honestly, what you insinuated is beyond stupid. And I doubt very much your sponsors would want you talking like that .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kaihawaii....it would be awesome to have Normann at Lake Placid....he'll need to take out Hellriegel's 1999 bike time to claim the Deutch-uberbiker crown on that course though....

Cervelomad, I'm not going to comment on what makes pro triathlete rise or crumble under pressure....I'm just a fan...you are one of them, and while I understand where you are coming from, the point about the testing might be a bit over the top. How is your hip coming along....seems like your recent half ironman was much stronger than St. Croix!!!
Quote Reply

Prev Next