Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Speedo Racing; if it's wrong, why does it feel so right? [pito00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well, if this thread's done anything it's certainly outed the pervy old locker-room dudes on ST...eeww

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply
Re: Speedo Racing; if it's wrong, why does it feel so right? [dirtydan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm with you dude. People are so hung up about speedos in this country. I say do what you want and to heck with what others think and say.
Quote Reply
Re: Speedo Racing; if it's wrong, why does it feel so right? [triguy52] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You dug up a three year old thread to say that?
Quote Reply
Re: Speedo Racing; if it's wrong, why does it feel so right? [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Being old enough to have been ther, the "Speedo" of the late 80's early 90's had a cycling pad.
Quote Reply
Re: Speedo Racing; if it's wrong, why does it feel so right? [DrD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Back in the 80s I wore a speedo for all races under a half and never had an issue. No chaffing, no "issues". But, definitely not modest by any standards.
Quote Reply
Re: Speedo Racing; if it's wrong, why does it feel so right? [brider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brider wrote:
In Reply To:

In Reply To:

Man, I like racing in a Speedo. I used to do it but it has certainly fallen out of favor. Here I am in the good old days:

Forget the speedo, I'm all about the shades!

Forget the speedo AND the shades.. I'm all about those SOCK RACERS!

Stumbled across this today... Epic! How would one even begin to compete with this?
Quote Reply
Re: Speedo Racing; if it's wrong, why does it feel so right? [DextrosePLZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Me attempting to compete:

Eli Curt

I'm Professionally Amateur. Are you? Become an ambassador today!
Chimps in Training!
Quote Reply
Re: Speedo Racing; if it's wrong, why does it feel so right? [DextrosePLZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh man. GREAT find!!! Respect to all speedo racers. I did IMSG in one (had in under my bike shorts on the bike). BEST DECISION EVER.

The Speedo
:
"Party in the front. Party in the back."

Respect Baby

~Jon

Squats = Watts
"The lady thought his arms were his legs, that's why his numbers are so big. Then she thought his calves were quads, so she wrote on his shins. This was after they tried to put his wristband on his dick." ~Louis Chee Cayedito
Quote Reply
Re: Speedo Racing; if it's wrong, why does it feel so right? [kazyakj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Due to the invention of tri-shorts there really is no reason to be wearing a speedo......

http://viewtherace.com/...ppened-to-the-speedo
Quote Reply
Re: Speedo Racing; if it's wrong, why does it feel so right? [viewtherace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
viewtherace wrote:
Due to the invention of tri-shorts there really is no reason to be wearing a speedo......http://viewtherace.com/...ppened-to-the-speedo[/quote[/url]]

Roots, baby!
Quote Reply
Re: Speedo Racing; if it's wrong, why does it feel so right? [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If a speedo were faster I'd wear it.

But it's not. So why would I?

I could go to the beach in a G-string if I wanted. But I don't.
Quote Reply
Re: Speedo Racing; if it's wrong, why does it feel so right? [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
matto wrote:
If a speedo were faster I'd wear it.

But it's not. So why would I?

I could go to the beach in a G-string if I wanted. But I don't.

Might be faster. I'll need to see some data.
Quote Reply
Re: Speedo Racing; if it's wrong, why does it feel so right? [viewtherace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh piffle. With the advent of Adamo saddles (and the like) chafing need not be a reason to eschew the Speedo. DeSoto had a brief with their minimal terry/fleece pad some time ago and I picked up a couple pairs. Just haven't raced in one

YET

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Speedo Racing; if it's wrong, why does it feel so right? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
more importantly, why did we race duathlons in speedos?

my 10 year old wanted to know who the girl was I was racing with...
Quote Reply
Re: Speedo Racing; if it's wrong, why does it feel so right? [jager66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even better question... Why is Kenny wearing goggles in a duathlon? ;-)

Steve

"If you ain't first, you're last." Reese Bobby Talladega Nights
Quote Reply
Re: Speedo Racing; if it's wrong, why does it feel so right? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To nobody in particular:

I have a buddy that races in a speedo, it works for him but you don't want to be behind him on the bike when he gets out of the saddle :(

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: Speedo Racing; if it's wrong, why does it feel so right? [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Resurrecting this thread for a question I have....

I'm doing a small local race that only has a 16 mile bike ride in mid-April. My tri suit from the past two seasons is really worn out, and I'm waiting to order the Team USA suits. They won't be ready to order by the first race I'm doing, so I figured I'll give a go racing in my speedo. Wear it all the time for swimming and am completely comfortable in it. I don't think I'll have any problems running in it. However, I'm a bit worried about the bike. For those that have raced in a speedo, would putting BodyGlide all over the nose and sides of the saddle be good enough to prevent some serious chafing?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I raced most of the '90s in a speedo (so no aversion to racing in one). A few years ago, I took Tim DeBoom's advise and did a tri retro style to mix it up (speedo, no shirt, vintage Oakleys).
It all felt pretty good (racing shirtless certainly felt better than having a tri top), except that the speedo was definitely less comfortable on the bike (thigh rubbing) than tri shorts. Based on this, objectively I prefer tri shorts to speedos.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Speedo Racing; if it's wrong, why does it feel so right? [C_Hassard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
C_Hassard wrote:
Resurrecting this thread for a question I have....

I'm doing a small local race that only has a 16 mile bike ride in mid-April. My tri suit from the past two seasons is really worn out, and I'm waiting to order the Team USA suits. They won't be ready to order by the first race I'm doing, so I figured I'll give a go racing in my speedo. Wear it all the time for swimming and am completely comfortable in it. I don't think I'll have any problems running in it. However, I'm a bit worried about the bike. For those that have raced in a speedo, would putting BodyGlide all over the nose and sides of the saddle be good enough to prevent some serious chafing?

Think that depends on how big your thighs are, i have fairly thin legs and have never had an issue. I've even done a full iron race in just a Speedo with no Body-Glide applied to the legs. I think i did put some petroleum jelly on my arm pits and on my feet, but not on my legs per se.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Last edited by: ericmulk: Mar 29, 15 19:52
Quote Reply

Prev Next