Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

LP 2007 Pics
Quote | Reply
was given a cd with a bunch of pics from LP 2007 this morning and thought that I would share a few. The guy that took them had a way better camera than I do. Oh and 2008 is only a little more than 6 mos away:

at the gun:

washing machine:

cool pic of the fog and the copter:

some big dudes starting the second lap of the swim [that one guy looks like 3 times the weight of that lady]:

Finish line from up high:

Quote Reply
Re: LP 2007 Pics [Chris G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow, great pics. thanks for sharing.

Dan
www.aiatriathlon.com

http://www.aiatriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those are cool pics, how long is the "oval" is it a track???
Quote Reply
Re: LP 2007 Pics [IRONLOBO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
However long an olympic speed skating oval is...seemed really long and I only went half way around...but I was a bit tired at that point :-)
Quote Reply
Re: LP 2007 Pics [IRONLOBO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It kind of depends on which lane your skating in, but basically one lap of an Olympic oval is 500meters. Chris, thanks for the pics. Can you send me the original picture of the start...I'd like to send it to a few locals that I am working with to get them prepared for Ironman LP. Should be good motivation shots.

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome pics, I look forward to my own this year!

Andrew

C'mon legs run faster!
Being fast on a crappy bike is cool
Fueled by Guinness, Tuborg, Anchor Steam and Creemore Springs
Quote Reply
Re: LP 2007 Pics [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will send it to you tomorrow from the office
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beautiful...
Thanks for sharing. I've never been in the area and am really looking forward to experiencing it. CDA was awsome too, but I'd prefer something of a calmer lake. I still get the chills reminising on that swim.
Quote Reply
Re: LP 2007 Pics [Suderdude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Beautiful...
Thanks for sharing. I've never been in the area and am really looking forward to experiencing it. CDA was awsome too, but I'd prefer something of a calmer lake. I still get the chills reminising on that swim.
No guarantees but there is a reason it is named Mirror Lake ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: LP 2007 Pics [Suderdude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Beautiful...

Now that I think about it...not sure this falls into the category of a calm lake

at least not for an hour or so 1 day a year...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The latest picture is fantastic! What are the copyright details on these - I'd love to get a 10x12 (or bigger) printed for the office as motivation/inspiration.
Quote Reply
Re: LP 2007 Pics [BX3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
copyright details are that it was on a disk with a bunch of other pictures that someone I do not know very well gave me who said that they were taken by a friend...I will post some more if I have time later...pm me your email and I will send it to you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[/img]
Heres a shot from Whiteface back up into Placid .For me this is the hardest part of the course,especially the 2nd time,arrrrrrrr .
Last edited by: SPECK: Jan 9, 08 9:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[/img]
The run course outside of town ,It does not get any better
Quote Reply
Re: LP 2007 Pics [SPECK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hate that freaking stone wall part, wind always in your face...oh yeah and it jumped out a wrecked my car a few years back too
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hate that section as well, it doesn't look so bad in the pic but it is always tough to ride (especially the second time through).

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: LP 2007 Pics [SPECK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The best (permanent) sign on that road (on any road anywhere)...

Quote Reply