Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Live coverage of Bradenton 101 (via Slowtwitch)
Quote | Reply
you'll find our coverage here. Monty and his crew are the on-site spotters. slowman delivers play-by-play AND color commentary!

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Live coverage of Bradenton 101 (via Slowtwitch) [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Slowman - you are in IT's Wildflower article from yesterday's race. Something about the Rocky-like training methods you put Bjorn through during his training stint at your place???

Lars Finanger
Odyssey SwimRun
Last edited by: InsideTri: May 6, 07 4:03
Quote Reply
Re: Live coverage of Bradenton 101 (via Slowtwitch) [InsideTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Something about the Rocky-like training methods you put Bjorn through during his training stint at your place???"

it is true that i have a big freezer, and i do have it full of a buffalo obtained from my neighbor's herd. but i did not have bjorn hitting it.

the big man just quietly went out and rode his bike, and then ran a lot in the mountains here, on the trails. i think fair weather helped the bear yesterday. he's a big fella, i don't think the heat is his friend.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it sounds like he is more of a polar bear then. if you're not careful, your home may become a destination for those looking for a top Kona training ground. it sounds like god's country.

Lars Finanger
Odyssey SwimRun
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WE NEED PICTURES!!!!!! where is bigzach and Rappstar???!?!?!?! is bigzach on powertap this morning?

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: Live coverage of Bradenton 101 (via Slowtwitch) [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rappstar and bigzach out in good shape! jordan's got some time to make up to get himself into that lead group with vanhoenacker and colting, but he's only about a minute back out of the water.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go Team DUMPSTER!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rappstar seems to be in trouble. he's about a half-hour behind, and about to get lapped. must be a mechanical.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well...jordan as had is part of bad luck so far this year........ 30 minutes behind isnt normal..... hope he decide to pull out and save his legs for next weeks coming races...

any news on bigzach..... is the race clean for the front pack????

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"any news on bigzach..... is the race clean for the front pack????"

i'll try to get bigzach's position at lap-3. the race is clean. you can sort of see that by all the movement among the leaders.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don´t believe it... Petr Vabrousek competes in Bradenton as well. Challenge Wanaka, Ironman Malysia, Ironman South Africa, Ironman Arizona, Marathon Vienna and today Bradenton - and we have May 6th!!!! Is this guy crazy? I just read an interview with Petr in the emag www.trizeit.de (in English). He says he isn´t crazy... but I doubt when I have a look at his race calendar. What do you think?

Merlin7072
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BIGZACH has been sighted. halfway through the bike he's 12:10 down on the lead. he's quite close to vabrousek.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks!!!! look like a fun race........ go bigzach..... GET THE WORK DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

great to hear they use a 10 meter drafting rule.... finaly a race organisation understand athlete dont like regualted cheating,,,

Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. This is good stuff, but we need some feel for the scenery. For instance, you might report on whether there are any cows sighted on the course. Or maybe leave the cows to cyclingnews and pick some other person, place, or thing as your style.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
are you expecting some classic 90 degres and humid weather for the run????? 70 sounds really cool for florida! i guess 30km will be run pretty quick!!!!

Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
thanks!!!! look like a fun race........ go bigzach..... GET THE WORK DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

great to hear they use a 10 meter drafting rule.... finaly a race organisation understand athlete dont like regualted cheating,,,
With a whopping 150 racers I don't believe it would be that difficult to police the drafting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, do you have any ideas on where internationally the series may be expanding to in 2008? Europe? any hints on countries if they are known?

Thanks

Andrew
Quote Reply
Re: Live coverage of Bradenton 101 (via Slowtwitch) [SlayerHatebreed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the problem is not to marshal the drafting.... the problem is ironman agree to let the pro athlete do some organise legal drafting by riding 7m apart.... this is the rule and we all know 7m is still drafting.... you need 10m at least and more would be better...... and the only reason possible for the 7m rule is for a good show for the camera... i dont see any others as we have plenty of empty road in races to make it 15-20 meters.....

Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, halfway through the bike, Jordan (an incredibly intelligent guy) makes a wrong turn and one of the lead women get hits by a car...seems like some serious problems with the bike course, IMO.

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Re: Live coverage of Bradenton 101 (via Slowtwitch) [SlayerHatebreed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"With a whopping 150 racers I don't believe it would be that difficult to police the drafting."

this field is every bit as good, at the pointy end, as any IM race in the world, excepting Hawaii, Germany, possibly OZ and maybe you could make case for NZ. Esp because it's contested on a flat course, drafting for 5000, 500 or 50 people is going to be the same at the pro level, as long as several dozen are pros.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Live coverage of Bradenton 101 (via Slowtwitch) [ShawnF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"seems like some serious problems with the bike course, IMO."

loop courses are tough, and urban courses are tough. wasn't it arizona last year where quite a few folks went one lap too few? athletes have IQs of about 70 when they're racing, because all that oxygen is used elsewhere. you have to mark the course as if all the racers are autistic. really. i'm not kidding. as for the car versus bike, i think it's early to jump to conclusions.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No disagreement at all with the top end of the race being strong, I just think it's unfortunate that the race only drew 150.

One of the drawbacks to the many positive things this series brings is the watering down of Wildflower and St Croix. This race might have drawn a bit more if scheduled a bit earlier in the year (first week of April?). Ah, who knows..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate Kortuem seems to be riding strong. Wonder if he knows that his wife Sarah Haskins just finished 4th at the World Cup in Portugal, just one week after her 2nd at St. A's. Powerful stuff from those 2!

-Dre
RD at Clash Endurance

Quote Reply
Re: Live coverage of Bradenton 101 (via Slowtwitch) [ShawnF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i dont know what happen there but the front wheel took a bit of a shock.... and the police officer dosnt seems to concern to help out!!!!

Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"loop courses are tough"

Shouldnt it be easier to control a multiple loop course rather than a single loop course since you have a shorter distance to control with volunteers and police? The problem wasnt that Jordan didnt do the correct number of loops, the problem was that he went off course, which should be much more avoidable on a multiple loop course as opposed to a single loop course such as the one used at Clearwater last year (which BTW was very much urban).

--------------------------

Team Timex 2014
@ajhodges
Quote Reply

Prev Next