Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
critique my position-changd again
Quote | Reply
hey guys,you really helped me last time with the previous bike,now i have a new ride and need your help again like always.
basiclly its a road bike,what i want is to get aero as possible on it.
i took 2 pictures,1st one with aerobar's in 90 degree's,well so it seems at least.
i lowered them in the second picture,dont sure what is better.
what else should i change?
btw the aerobar's are the Profile design Cobrta t2,i know there is a way to make them lower somehow,not sure how but dont think i need it on the road bike.

first pic:

second pic:

Last edited by: oper: Apr 12, 07 12:54
Quote Reply
Re: critique my position [oper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks to me like they need to be out farther. How much longer can you make them? Actually, it looks like you're choking them up. Try grasping out near the ends of the bars, see if you can get your elbows on the pads instead of a few inches behind.

And someone's gonna say it sooner or later. . . . your seat is most certainly too high! In the second picture it seems like your knee is nearly locked.

What kinds of events are you trying to do with this bike?
Quote Reply
Re: critique my position [I am the walrus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks,yea it did seem the seat is to high.will do some changes and then post again.
trying to do olympic triathlons.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you take some more pics with the bike level? The height of the headtube is going to keep you from getting super low, but it does look like you could go with a longer stem to increase your reach a bit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think that your seat is to high. Your leg should come to 159, yours is at 160. The angle on between your femur and your upper torso should be at 90, yours is at 95. The angle between your upper torso and your humerus should be at 90 or a little less, yours is at 75. The elbow should be at 90 or a little more.

To fix this I would lower and lengthen your stem. I have diagram that is superimposed over your photo, but I cannot load it. Give me an email and I will send it to you, or explain to me how to load a photo.

Keep in mind that this is the way that that I fit my bike. I set it up based on the F.I.S.T. principles and it works great for me.

Good luck.
Last edited by: Matthew1979: Apr 10, 07 14:51
Quote Reply
Re: critique my position [Matthew1979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Honestly your leg really isn't that bad, especially since your foot is very flat. I'd try riding it that way for a bit and see if you need to do any adjustments.

Regarding fit, the only comment I have is that I feel a bit better being a bit more stretched out, with elbow and shoulder angles more like 120deg than the 90 you are showing. This is somewhat of a personal thing for comfort, but it is definitely more aero being stretched out.

Mad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
where are those race pics from?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You look pretty tall, like I am. Your back looks like mine also, rounded. Contrary to most ST guidelines, some people have "rounded" backs and can't get dead flat no matter how low we go. I have a 18cm drop with a rounded back, not flat. With this position I also find I'm a ton more comfortable with my hands lower then the elbows. My aerobars point down alot, but when I grab the shifters my arms are closer to flat, but not horizonal. This works really well for my body type.

Your drop looks pretty good, the elbows can go out a tad more, ie, elbows "on" pads will do. You look more compfy with your bars pointed a tad down (ssshhhh, I did not say that......heaven help me !!!)

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: critique my position [zipp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hey guys i made some changes according to what you told me:
lowered seat alittle,had to much pressure,moved hands forward.

better?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your seat seems/is too high.

"I really wish you would post more often. You always have some good stuff to say. I copied it below just in case someone missed it." BarryP to Chainpin on 10/21/06

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I don't think that your seat is to high.
I don't think you know what you're talking about.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Much better!!

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: critique my position [zipp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks,ill try to switch the stem to a longer one though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get a riser block or even a book under the front wheel to level the bike. Having the rear wheel raised what appears to be about 2" and the front wheel on the ground effects the entire geometry of the bike.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wow - that looks a heck of a lot better. If anything, still just a tad stretched out. How close do your knees come to your elbows?
Quote Reply
Re: critique my position [andrew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're spoiling the fun!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I like 150 degrees of knee angle, but that's not the beginning and end of it. A proper range might be 145 to 153 degrees."

Straight from Dan the Man
Quote Reply
Re: critique my position [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

In Reply To:
I don't think that your seat is to high.

I don't think you know what you're talking about.

-
Paulo Sousa

Then tell me what you know. I am fine being wrong, but at least have the courtesy of sharing your knowledge.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what paulo may want to say it that obviously...the seat was too high in the first picture, as these is barely any bend when the leg is a the 5oclock position....

and on the second position... it s not very much better.... the OP will gain more to lower is set A FEW INCHES as it will probably be easier on his glute and hamstring and would probably reach a more powerfull position... see normann stadler for a good expemple of good seat height....

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: critique my position [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That makes sense. I looked at Norman Stadler photos and his leg in the most extended position was about 155. Thanks again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks guys ill lower the seat,make some changes and report.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ok guys i done all the changes,picture is now at the right level and i lowered the seat,what you think?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your getting warmer.

"I really wish you would post more often. You always have some good stuff to say. I copied it below just in case someone missed it." BarryP to Chainpin on 10/21/06

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks much better (and comfortable).

If you're flexible enough, I do think you'd benefit from moving your extensions under the base bar. (It'll get you ~3cm lower in front.)

If you use an aero helmet, you should post a pic with it on so we can see the transition from tail to back.

Steve

Steve

"If you ain't first, you're last." Reese Bobby Talladega Nights
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To lower the seat... i recommend using a allen key to loose the srew... then.....use this tool and hit hard on the seat so hopefully the seat will go down for real....

your position look better but you seems scare of putting your seat down.... here s a reference........you are still on the high side

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply

Prev Next