Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Another BAD STer "Hilltopper93" BUYER BEWARE [adktriguy46] [ In reply to ]

OK, I mean after tomorrow, but hopefully you get your money.

Re: Another BAD STer "Hilltopper93" BUYER BEWARE [wcroadie] [ In reply to ]

I hope so too. I'm not holding my breath....

Did this ever get resolved? I feel like I watched the first 3/4 of a movie and someone hit Stop.

Re: Another BAD STer "Hilltopper93" BUYER BEWARE [kram] [ In reply to ]

Yes and no. He has refunded me half the payment and I'm currently awaiting the other half which was supposed to be paid 2 weeks ago. So it's still not resolved.

Last edited by: adktriguy46: Nov 27, 15 17:56

...?

Adktriguy- I admire your patience in dealing with this, especially since you have so much info on him. He's aware of the issue and it still hasn't been resolved, good to see you have given him a deadline.

On behalf of all the honest people that have been scammed, may this turn out in your favor.

Re: Another BAD STer "Hilltopper93" BUYER BEWARE [LuckyLo] [ In reply to ]

I appreciate that. I reposted his personal information on here last night and guess what? He started responding to my messages. We ended up having a phone conversation that wasn't all that nice but I got my point across. He was supposed to have sent me a bank check from USAA last Friday and I made him screenshot his bank statement showing the payment. He couldn't find the receipt with the tracking information on it. Again. I told him the money has until next Saturday for the money to reach me or else I'm reposting his personal information in an appeal for help from Slowtwitch contacting his superiors. Just very very frustrating

Hopefully things get resolved, but seriously, why doesn't the guy paypal you the money? I mean, he took yours willingly through that method. They would be connected to his bank account anyways. If he already spent your money then it is on him to gift your the money back on a credit card and he pays the fees. Simple as that. What has transpired is wrong on so many levels.

Writing a check these days is outdated. I mean, I've work with companies that are late paying invoices and they cut a check to make you happy....only to not mail it for weeks or even a month later when they can afford to let the check be "cashed". These are corporations.

Re: Another BAD STer "Hilltopper93" BUYER BEWARE [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]

Apparently paypal locked him out for some apparent reason. He doesn't have a credit card to refund me the money, I already tried that route. I ended up requesting his wife send me a bank check because he was out in the field and had no internet access and doesn't have a smartphone to send me the money. The partial refund he sent me was sent via Venmo and that cleared just fine.

adktriguy46 wrote:
I appreciate that. I reposted his personal information on here last night and guess what? He started responding to my messages. We ended up having a phone conversation that wasn't all that nice but I got my point across. He was supposed to have sent me a bank check from USAA last Friday and I made him screenshot his bank statement showing the payment. He couldn't find the receipt with the tracking information on it. Again. I told him the money has until next Saturday for the money to reach me or else I'm reposting his personal information in an appeal for help from Slowtwitch contacting his superiors. Just very very frustrating

I feel for you. In all honesty, he needs to be called out on this as there seems to be an endless series of excuses on hist part, none of which make complete sense.

What's that old saying.... "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." I'd say the time for the 'passive approach' has ended. I hope you get the information to contact his superiors asap.

Re: Another BAD STer "Hilltopper93" BUYER BEWARE [beston] [ In reply to ]

Yeah I can understand that. I called him out on everything during our phone conversation last night. I believe he's telling the truth in regards to excuses, the problem is he just doesn't have his shit together which is rather concerning seeing as he's an officer flying helicopters.

I think someone had a problem with him on facebook swap meet

Re: Another BAD STer "Hilltopper93" BUYER BEWARE [Constantine] [ In reply to ]

Oh yeah?

What's his name again? So I can avoid him on the Facebook group.

please let us refrain from identifying the user. it is my sense that the point has been made. i've reached out to the OP to keep me apprised of the payment status.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman

Re: Another BAD STer "Hilltopper93" BUYER BEWARE [grosso27] [ In reply to ]

"I haven't looked into how long these problem sellers have been around, but I'm curious if this has anything to do with restrictions being lifted on new members being eligible to sell. "

the restrictions on new members being able to start a new post in classifieds is still in place, and has never not been in place.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman

Re: Another BAD STer "Hilltopper93" BUYER BEWARE [Slowman] [ In reply to ]

Thank you Dan for letting this thread stay open. I want to inform everyone that I have now recovered all the funds that I sent to nick for the bike I didn't receive. I'll state again I have no intentions me never did have the intention of trying to ruin his career. By posting his information I was trying to inform the community to protect themselves against doing business with this man. I want to wholeheartedly thank all the Slowtwitch members who came to my defense. This is a fantastic community and we all look out for each other.

Glad you finally got your money. Hope **** gets his stuff straightened out and doesn't try to sell anything here until then...
Last edited by: Slowman: Dec 9, 15 10:37

the seller is a slowtwitch long-timer. i'm hoping/assuming this was a one-off, or a misunderstanding. in any case, i'm closing the thread. not removing it, but locking it. let us move forward.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman

Prev Next