Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Good aero crankset? [Ahillock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, but I am looking for something a bit more pleasing to my eye.

Colored tape?

Quote Reply
Re: Good aero crankset? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting. If a seat tube was 30% of the drag on the Scott bike, I wonder why the Dimond didn't beat the P5 and Shiv by a larger margin?

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Good aero crankset? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Interesting. If a seat tube was 30% of the drag on the Scott bike, I wonder why the Dimond didn't beat the P5 and Shiv by a larger margin?

It's because that Drag Distribution chart is totally bunk.
Quote Reply
Re: Good aero crankset? [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought something didn't seem right. How did Scott get those numbers?

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Good aero crankset? [Steve Irwin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At -7.5°, no FD resulted in exactly 2 watts less. Bike only, NP3, 30MPh, A2 tunnel, April 1st 2015.

Will probably be way different with rider interaction, I'd suspect somewhere around 0-1W difference.
Quote Reply
Re: Good aero crankset? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I suspect it's because the seat tube act synergistically with the rear wheel. E.g. (random numbers) a disc wheel alone in clean air at 5yaw might be 200g of drag but an aero seat tube + disc wheel might be 205g of drag or maybe even 190g of drag.

I'd be very hesitant to call out Scott or their data. I'd be more inclined to examine the protocol. Scott's data is probably bike only whereas other observations (Cervelo of 'twitchers) might be bike + rider.
Quote Reply
Re: Good aero crankset? [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rruff wrote:
Thanks, but I am looking for something a bit more pleasing to my eye.

Colored tape?

Speaking more in reference to not MacGyvering it and going with something that wouldn't look like an eyesore to me.
Quote Reply

Prev Next