Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hannibal on NBC
Quote | Reply
Damn is anyone else loving this?!

It's beyond dark put the kids to bed when this comes on. Last episode was insane. I can hardly wait for the next it's the beginning of the Red Dragon plot. Still one of the best books I have ever read. Sad down in the terminal at Newark for a flight out west and had delay after delay.....finished it somewhere over one of the fly over states cover to cover!

Aquarius is also amazing it's getting intense.
Last edited by: tigerpaws: Jul 22, 15 6:52
Quote Reply
Re: Hannibal on NBC [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I think it's great. For someone who's only seen the movies, it's still cool to see how they dip into the movie scenes and then diverge wildly. Keeps it familiar yet unexpected.

And I cannot begin to say how outraged I am that it has not been renewed. Like wildly furious. Like eat-somebody's-face-angry.

Ex Race Director, put out of business by the Rona
Quote Reply
Re: Hannibal on NBC [Andy_M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andy_M wrote:
Yes, I think it's great. For someone who's only seen the movies, it's still cool to see how they dip into the movie scenes and then diverge wildly. Keeps it familiar yet unexpected.

And I cannot begin to say how outraged I am that it has not been renewed. Like wildly furious. Like eat-somebody's-face-angry.

The eel scene was the tops so far. I know Duffy would be wanting to see the cattle prod scene had they actually shown it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought Mason's demise was rather anticlimactic, actually. It should have been death by cattle prod... the directors are artful enough to have been able to shoot that and not actually "show" it.

I did enjoy the mind games during that episode... Will convinces Alana to release Hannibal, Alana convinces Hannibal to spare Will. Will tells Hannibal he doesn't want to know where Hannibal is anymore, so Hannibal turns himself in so Will always knows where Hannibal is...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think Will is gonna be on pain killers for life. Encephalitis, stomach sliced open, pushed off caboose of train and then amateur craniotomy with a DeWalt grinder.

How about Dr. Bloom gettting a taste of carpet.....wondering if that is true love or jockeying for survival?

Where did Bedelia DuMaurier go? I so want to make X-Files with her.
Last edited by: tigerpaws: Jul 22, 15 10:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bedelia who? I am Mrs Fell.

Makes you wonder if she had been under some sort of chemically-induced coercion the whole time.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andy_M wrote:
Bedelia who? I am Mrs Fell.

Makes you wonder if she had been under some sort of chemically-induced coercion the whole time.
I think the Rx is her ticket out......she's a bit of a sicko too. Dang Hannibal has skinned back some nice tail on that show. Dr. Bloom and Dr. DuMaurier.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andy_M wrote:

Just don't go overboard and wear their face. Because that would be wrong.

I think that was the most disturbing episode yet.

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. - Theodore Roosevelt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigerpaws wrote:

It's beyond dark put the kids to bed when this comes on. Last episode was insane. I can hardly wait for the next it's the beginning of the Red Dragon plot. Still one of the best books I have ever read. Sad down in the terminal at Newark for a flight out west and had delay after delay.....finished it somewhere over one of the fly over states cover to cover!

I wasn't aware of this show until your post. I have watched the last few weeks of the Red Dragon episodes and I like what I have seen. I am going to have to go back and see what I missed to these episodes. Thanks for the heads up.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Hannibal on NBC [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
tigerpaws wrote:

I wasn't aware of this show until your post. I have watched the last few weeks of the Red Dragon episodes and I like what I have seen. I am going to have to go back and see what I missed to these episodes. Thanks for the heads up.

If you can go all the way back to S1E1 I don't think you will be disappointed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigerpaws wrote:
jkca1 wrote:
tigerpaws wrote:

If you can go all the way back to S1E1 I don't think you will be disappointed.

Tks. It looks like I can. I was a fan of Harris but I didn't realize until today that I had read his original book back in the early 80's.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well that was an interesting ending. You could never have shown that on TV 20 years ago but now, well, no problem.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wait a minute. Did handyballs survive? Bedelia was sitting at a table with a leg on display. Either that crazy chick is recycling herself or he came back to finish what he said.....left to guess? Damn I suspected Scully had some nice boobs and they were on display there what a freaky show.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigerpaws wrote:
Wait a minute. Did handyballs survive? Bedelia was sitting at a table with a leg on display. Either that crazy chick is recycling herself or he came back to finish what he said.....left to guess? Damn I suspected Scully had some nice boobs and they were on display there what a freaky show.

Since I had not seen the previous seasons I was not sure what that final shot meant. I guessed that she was sitting at dinner waiting for Hannibal to join her.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
tigerpaws wrote:

Since I had not seen the previous seasons I was not sure what that final shot meant. I guessed that she was sitting at dinner waiting for Hannibal to join her.

Yea even when Hannibal was banging her she said she feared he wanted to eat her.....well more than he already was. So, seeing a bandage + what looked to be a leg......thinking he lived.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The finale was incredible. I took that last scene of Bedelia to mean that she'd resigned herself to Hannibal coming back to eat her and cut him off emotionally, preparing the meal herself as if to say "F you! I'm not afraid, just do it if that's what you're after," exposing more of the insanity she personally displayed through her character, a play on how emotionally tied up Hannibal had everyone even when they weren't really in physical danger. The show was brilliant at that.

Then I made the mistake of reading an interview with the writer and found out that it was a planned scene to lead from season 3 to season 4, a foreshadow that Will and Hannibal survived. If there was a season 4 in the works it would have worked, but I think it would have worked even better as a series finale had I not read the interview and started wondering what a season 4 would look like. Ignorance would have been bliss in this case.

tigerpaws wrote:
jkca1 wrote:
tigerpaws wrote:

Yea even when Hannibal was banging her she said she feared he wanted to eat her.....well more than he already was. So, seeing a bandage + what looked to be a leg......thinking he lived.
Quote Reply
Re: Hannibal on NBC [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was just talking about this with a friend and I will have to check when I get home on the dvr. Apparently while her hands are still in her lap another set of hands reaches down and grabs a fork and it looked like a mans hands! Totally missed that.....so bummed the series is over.

MidwestRoadie wrote:
The finale was incredible. I took that last scene of Bedelia to mean that she'd resigned herself to Hannibal coming back to eat her and cut him off emotionally, preparing the meal herself as if to say "F you! I'm not afraid, just do it if that's what you're after," exposing more of the insanity she personally displayed through her character, a play on how emotionally tied up Hannibal had everyone even when they weren't really in physical danger. The show was brilliant at that.

Then I made the mistake of reading an interview with the writer and found out that it was a planned scene to lead from season 3 to season 4, a foreshadow that Will and Hannibal survived. If there was a season 4 in the works it would have worked, but I think it would have worked even better as a series finale had I not read the interview and started wondering what a season 4 would look like. Ignorance would have been bliss in this case.

tigerpaws wrote:
jkca1 wrote:
tigerpaws wrote:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ahhhh, I missed the second set of hands also. I'll have to go back and watch it again. It's the only episode I've saved for a second viewing. That would change things. I'm going to have a hard time waiting until I'm home from mountain bike monday tonight!

tigerpaws wrote:
Was just talking about this with a friend and I will have to check when I get home on the dvr. Apparently while her hands are still in her lap another set of hands reaches down and grabs a fork and it looked like a mans hands! Totally missed that.....so bummed the series is over.

MidwestRoadie wrote:

tigerpaws wrote:
jkca1 wrote:
tigerpaws wrote:

Quote Reply
Re: Hannibal on NBC [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
Ahhhh, I missed the second set of hands also. I'll have to go back and watch it again. It's the only episode I've saved for a second viewing. That would change things. I'm going to have a hard time waiting until I'm home from mountain bike monday tonight!

tigerpaws wrote:

MidwestRoadie wrote:

tigerpaws wrote:
jkca1 wrote:
tigerpaws wrote:

From the Executive Producer:

"By coming back in and seeing Bedelia at a dinner table being served her own leg, grabbing a fork and hiding it under the table and preparing to stab it in the neck of the next person who comes into the room, that’s a great way to tell the audience, “Yes, we have told you completion to this story, but who is serving Bedelia that leg? Is it Hannibal? Did he survive? Is it Uncle Robert is, and is David Bowie behind that curtain? Who’s serving her the leg?”

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haven't seen a more recent thread on this series which is kind of surprising since it hit Netflix in June. Just semi-binged the 3 seasons over the last 3-4 weeks. What an incredible series. Definitely in my top 5 of all time. I am SHOCKED it was on NBC. Will likely rewatch in another couple of years after I have forgotten everything but the main points.

Obviously there is a great amount of belief the FBI/Jack could be that incompetent that needed to be suspended throughout the entire series. Beyond that, I thought they did a great job of character development for everyone and tying them all together with various plot lines. I thought the James Bond'ish song at the end was weird as it seemed out of place, but I'm probably nitpicking.

Richard Armitage was amazing as Francis Dolarhyde. Fantastic casting all around.

I took the final scene to mean both Hannibal and Will survived as there were 2 other place settings besides Bedelia's. Would love for Netflix/Amazon to pick this one back up, but only if a majority of the mains returned.
Quote Reply