Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Reynolds Aero 72 Carbon Clincher wheels set/ 11spd/ Vittoria Open Corsa tires
Quote | Reply
Reynolds Aero 72 Carbon Clincher 11spd Shimano wheels set. Great condition. Ridden by 120lb rider for about 1000 miles. Never crashed. Come with Vittoria Open Corsa EVO 700x23 tires and new Reynolds brake pads and spacer to run a 10spd cassette. These are the newest carbon wheels from Reynolds and have a 26.5mm wide brake track. I will only accept Paypal or cash for local pickup. Asking $1250 plus $50 shipping.
Quote Reply
Re: Reynolds Aero 72 Carbon Clincher wheels set/ 11spd/ Vittoria Open Corsa tires [TRILOGICGM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just wanted to comment that I own this wheel set and vouch for it. I find it odd that it's not more popular than Zipp or Hed alternatives. People are too caught up on the oval trailing/leading edge design. The second "leading edge of a wheel" is simply not equivalent to the first, as at any reasonable speed the spokes will have initiated a disturbance at twice the bicycle velocity at the upper extreme, and at the lower extreme of the wheel, there is no relative velocity other than side gusts as the bicycle's forward velocity is matched by the local wheel's rearward velocity (see a graph of a cycloid).

People may be skeptical, but I believe in this design as an aerodynamicist by degree (aerospace engineering) and profession. Tri-Mag.de has data on the 58/72 combination from a 2014 compilation of aero wheels which shows the 58/72 set to be slightly better than anything (including Zipp 808 Firecrest) below 10 degrees, and not too far off at higher yaw - though that does not take into account yaw moment (steering torque), which these wheels excel in. While that data isn't for this 72/72 set, I've ridden these on gusty days and find that they're no more difficult to handle than my non-aero Bontrager race-x-lite wheels.

Why would companies like Zipp claim aero superiority while having the ugliest spokes, nipples, and hubs? They've clearly had reliability issues in the hub department, and their spoke integration appears to have no thought behind it. I'm sure most aero wheels are fairly comparable at low yaw angles, I just think Zipp, HED, and similarly popular brands are overrated.
Quote Reply
Re: Reynolds Aero 72 Carbon Clincher wheels set/ 11spd/ Vittoria Open Corsa tires [TRILOGICGM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
These wheels are still looking for a good home. This is a great deal for a set of wheels that are almost new and less than half the retail price.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interested but a little to much for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, but I think there are already sold. I'll let you know if the deal falls thru.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also have these wheels posted on ebay, so if I were to cancel the auction which someone has already bid on, it would have to be worth it for me. I would do it for $1150 shipped, but I would need an answer pretty quick otherwise I can't cancel the auction.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sent you a PM.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you sell them yet?
Quote Reply
Re: Reynolds Aero 72 Carbon Clincher wheels set/ 11spd/ Vittoria Open Corsa tires [bmcintosh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, these wheels are off to a new home.
Quote Reply
Re: Reynolds Aero 72 Carbon Clincher wheels set/ 11spd/ Vittoria Open Corsa tires [bmcintosh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a set of 58s with roughly 600 miles I would consider selling for the same price can send you pics if you want.
Quote Reply
Re: Reynolds Aero 72 Carbon Clincher wheels set/ 11spd/ Vittoria Open Corsa tires [erobles15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you pm me of the aero 58 if they are still available. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Reynolds Aero 72 Carbon Clincher wheels set/ 11spd/ Vittoria Open Corsa tires [erobles15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can you send a pic of that reynolds aero 58 ? Thanks
Quote Reply