Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Finis Fulcrum
Quote | Reply
Helpful to promote high elbow catch and early vertical forearm, or just a gimmick?
Quote Reply
Re: Finis Fulcrum [Drdan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use them with my swimmers that tend to drop their wrist at entry and lose the first part of their catch. It does promote keeping the elbow higher than wrist.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
personal opinion,

I believe they work well with swimmers who don't initially catch well, IE putting on the brakes with up turned wrist upon entry.

Just make sure you put them on right!

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: Finis Fulcrum [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i think my initial catch is OK, was wondering whether it might help me to keep a high elbow anchor during the pull - sounds like probably not...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The adult yellow sized Fulcrum are just not large enough for some of us. Finis needs to make one larger size.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought they just keep your wrist bent and hand down. I have a set. Not sure I gained much from it when I was using them.

However, I was going to pull them out & try them again. Our coach said I was too level on hand entry causing lift. I made the adjustment as instructed and my head sank about an inch.

Training Tweets: https://twitter.com/Jagersport_com
FM Sports: http://fluidmotionsports.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I made a thread about this about a month ago.

I had a self-video side view done of myself, and I had a pretty dramatically dropped elbow at my 1:20/100yd pace. What happens with that dropped elbow is that you have to flex your wrist to keep a grip on the water (I felt like I still had a pretty good grip on the water though even with the dropped elbow.)

The fulcrum stops you from flexing the wrist for the most part. So if you drop your elbow, you find it really awkward to swim. For me, because this was a specific problem I had, the fulcrum has been a very, very good technique aid for me - I've done homebrewed video of myself with and after the fulcrum, and my dropped elbow is significantly better than it was. I use it a lot in all my swims right now because I know it's a specific problem I have. Love it - I'm really surprised it doesn't get more love on ST, as it's a swim tool that really forces you to at least have a semblance of decent EVF, or else you almost can't swim at all with it.
Quote Reply