Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2014 Trek Speed Concept 9.9, Large, Stealth Black Project 1
Quote | Reply

This is a Trek 9.9 series Speed Concept, 2014 model, Project 1 paint and build (see pic of” Project One”) on the top tube. It goes for ~$6800 new, plus almost $500 in sales tax. Gulp. I want to get $4650 for it. plus shippping.

Copy and paste the URL for this auction into your browser for pictures of the bike: http://www.ebay.com/...-Large-/321518554188?

If you are looking at this bike, you know the 2014 SC is at the very top of the aerobike heap in terms of aerodynamics, fit, ride performance, and integration. It’s the fastest bike you’ll ever ride. Well, until the next Speed Concept update.

A few key items to cover that aren’t obvious in the pics.
  • Crankarm length is 172.5mm
  • The Bontrager aero brake levers are an upgrade that allow you to adjust the brake pad gap on the fly to adjust for differences between your race wheels and training wheel width. They’re included.
  • The stem on the bike now is the High/Long version. 75mm high, and 110 mm reach, I believe.
  • Various arm pad risers are included - see pic. 35mm on there now.
  • Brake pads upgraded to Swiss Stop Carbon pads – yellow – excellent pads for aluminum or carbon rim. Included.
  • The aero extension bar setup in the pic is a custom plug-in from Trek that allows use of standard aero extensions vs the Trek monoextension. (See Bontrager website for pics of the various monoextensions) Pictured is a HED J bend, which is a lower angle than Trek, and has the advantage of allowing you to choke up on the bar when climbing a hill. I aquired all 3 of the monoextensions and just couldn’t get it right, so bought this unit. Normal monoextension goes for $150. Just this piece goes for $275, plus the $120 cost of the extensions. So you can see I was pretty motivated.
  • My BIN price includes one monoextension. If you wanted the custom fit plug-in extension thingie, I’d have to ask for some more $$, the exact amount depending on the bend you want. I have the HED J, HED lazy S, and Bontrager S. Or you could buy the plug-in and put in your own extensions.

As always, please contact me with any questions you may have.

Please note the frame is for sale to ship within the continental US only. I’ve listed flat rate shipping cost just for simplicity. Off-continent shipping is just too expensive and too much hassle.

Never crashed, hardly ridden. It's cherry.

Pics can be seen at this address on ebay. http://www.ebay.com/...-Large-/321518554188?

Last edited by: shish: Sep 10, 14 10:46
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Trek Speed Concept 9.9, Large, Stealth Black Project 1 [shish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
do you have any pics?
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Trek Speed Concept 9.9, Large, Stealth Black Project 1 [rglov] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PM me your email and I will send you pictures.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Trek Speed Concept 9.9, Large, Stealth Black Project 1 [shish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Willing to sell the bar plug in?
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Trek Speed Concept 9.9, Large, Stealth Black Project 1 [boatracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
is this bike still for sale?
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Trek Speed Concept 9.9, Large, Stealth Black Project 1 [shelgemo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I still have the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
would you be willing to take 4,000.00 for it?
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Trek Speed Concept 9.9, Large, Stealth Black Project 1 [jfreeman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've received several inquires whether I'd sell the plug in monoextension set up seperate from the bike. I'm hanging onto the plug in extension set up as long as I own the bike, because none of the Bonty extensions really work for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
not a problem about the monoextension set up if you want to hold onto it. Is my offer of 4k alright for you?
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Trek Speed Concept 9.9, Large, Stealth Black Project 1 [jfreeman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PM Sent replying to your offer
Quote Reply