Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

More Stuff to Sell for My Hospital Bills: GT Avalanche MTB size M, size 13 Men's and Size 11 Women's Run/Casual Shoes, More.
Quote | Reply
As many of you are aware, I had a pretty catastrophic cycling crash while training for Rev3 Cedar Point this summer. To make a very long story short, I met pavement at a high rate of speed and (apparently) used my shoulder and my head to brake from 25 MPH+. I fractured T5 and T6 in the anterior body and suffered a concussion that knocked me out of work for a couple of weeks, among other injuries.

At any rate, my medical bills are coming home to roost. Although I'm lucky enough to have insurance coverage, I have large associated out-of-pocket expenses that due to circumstances (relocating twice in one year among them) my family and I are underprepared for. Additionally, well, I just have zero concept when I might be out racing again.

I have held a semi-annual sale of stuff, which its time for now. Most are size 13 shoes that I simply have no need for, or have run in a few times and decided that they weren't for me. Same with my wife's size 11s. Prices do not include shipping. If you purchase multiple items, I'll quote you shipping for the combined package, not just individual items.
Photos will be uploaded shortly.

2015 GT Avalanche Sport 650B MTB Size Medium: $300 plus shipping
Purchased new just before the crash for my wife. She rode it once, has decided that she prefers her older whip. The full component spec is available here: http://www.gtbicycles.com/...valanche-sport-20621

2XU Compression socks: Men's size Large (orange), Women's size Large (lavender) $25
Never worn! Brand new in original package.

Brooks Transcend: Men's 13: SOLD

Hoka One One Bondi B: Women's 11: $50
Wife wore these for the Army 10-Miler last year and they've sat in a box ever since.

Nike Pegasus 83 SI Men's 13: $30
Worn around a couple of times. Slight stain on the front.

Nike Windrunner Leather Men's 13: $30
I just got these broken in, but they haven't been worn in a good long while.

Nike Air Structure Triax 91 Men's 13: SOLD

Pearl Izumi Men's Infinity Jacket, blue size medium: SOLD

Felt branded alloy 100 mm stem, 6 degree, 26.0 clamp: $20
Taken off my old B16.

Quintana Roo Sleeveless Wetsuit size Medium: $50 shipped
Been repaired a few times. Zipper is a bit finicky at the bottom end, but works fine.

On Running CloudSurfer Size 13: SOLD

Saucony Jazz Nylon size 13: $30

Altra Women's Instinct size 11: $30

Nike Women's LunarEclipse size 11: SOLD

UGG Men's Chestnut Brown Boots: SOLD

Garmin Forerunner 910XT: SOLD

If nothing fits your fancy, but you're interested in helping: Friends of mine have helped set-up a GoFundMe page, which is available here. I've been authoring the occasional post there on the recovery front.

Appreciate the support.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Last edited by: rrheisler: Jan 24, 15 7:43
Quote Reply
Re: IRT i85 Carbon Tubulars, Cassette, Conti Sprinters: $900 shipped [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Updated post with photos. Need these gone.

Quote Reply
Re: IRT i85 Carbon Tubulars, Cassette, Conti Sprinters: $900 shipped [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thread Update: out on a ride this weekend, ate shit hard. Landed on my head/shoulder. Fractured T5 vertebrae, among others.

Going to be a long haul back. Got a fat stack of medical bills that will only get larger. Going to need some help paying it, so these really need to go. Make a reasonable offer.

Quote Reply
Re: The "Please Buy My Stuff So I Can Pay My Hospital Bills" Thread: Men's Size 13 Running and "Casual Sneaker" Shoes, Women's Size 11 Running Shoes, Some Men's medium apparel, and more. [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump for the edited starter post. Recovery is going well, although it's likely I'll still have disc issues over the next year or so. That and T6 keeps trying to kick forward which feels about as good as it sounds...

Just found out insurance is trying to block my ambulance ride, which is fun. So...buy stuff...please!

Quote Reply
Re: The "Please Buy My Stuff So I Can Pay My Hospital Bills" Thread: Men's Size 13 Running and "Casual Sneaker" Shoes, Women's Size 11 Running Shoes, Some Men's medium apparel, and more. [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump. Added a QR Sleeveless wetsuit.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To the top. Added photos, new items, including my Garmin 910.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am interested in your Garmin 910 XT. Can you describe its condition?
Thank you.
Sharon
Quote Reply
Re: The "Please Buy My Stuff So I Can Pay My Hospital Bills" Thread: Men's Size 13 Running and "Casual Sneaker" Shoes, Women's Size 11 Running Shoes, Some Men's medium apparel, and more. [docsharon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sharon--

I've used it for about two seasons now. Phenomenal watch, never have had any of the problems with firmware, etc. that others have complained about with the 910. Had a friend borrow it who installed the included quick-release stuff. But never an issue with it. Been sitting in a bag since mid-August.

Quote Reply
Re: The "Please Buy My Stuff So I Can Pay My Hospital Bills" Thread: Men's Size 13 Running and "Casual Sneaker" Shoes, Women's Size 11 Running Shoes, Some Men's medium apparel, Garmin 910 and more. [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If sharon doesn't take it, I'm interested. Do you have pics?
Quote Reply
Re: The "Please Buy My Stuff So I Can Pay My Hospital Bills" Thread: Men's Size 13 Running and "Casual Sneaker" Shoes, Women's Size 11 Running Shoes, Some Men's medium apparel, Garmin 910 and more. [hubcaps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Photos of the Garmin:

Quote Reply
Re: The "Please Buy My Stuff So I Can Pay My Hospital Bills" Thread: Men's Size 13 Running and "Casual Sneaker" Shoes, Women's Size 11 Running Shoes, Some Men's medium apparel, Garmin 910 and more. [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Garmin sale pending.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Garmin and On Cloudsurfer's have sold.

Everything else, make me offers. Everything must go!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last bump before eBay. Make offers on everything.

Quote Reply
Re: More Stuff to Sell for My Hospital Bills: GT Avalanche MTB size M, size 13 Men's and Size 11 Women's Run/Casual Shoes, More. [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump. Added the GT Avalanche mountain bike. Thing was used once on a five mile tour. It's a steal for somebody looking to beat around a fair bit.

Quote Reply