Prev Next
Re: riding without a chamois [tessartype] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Champion systems. Its part of their elite line

Ryan

Quote Reply
Re: riding without a chamois [malfara] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Keep in mind that if you try it out, it doesn't work and you end up with saddle sores, they likely will not heal before your IM.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Couldn't you try something like this from DeSoto?

https://www.desotosport.com/product/SPN

It comes in a narrow or wide version and for $20 worth of piece of mind it might make you stress less!

Contact Emilio on here. I'm sure he'll give you the low down..
Quote Reply
Re: riding without a chamois [jeff.ehret] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Riding an ISM.
I honestly dont think the suit will cause me too much of a problem. Worse case is i pull over some riding shorts in T1.

will experiment throughout the week

Ryan

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What CS suit? AFAIK only the ITU Elite suit has no chamois. The Apex line (Elite fit) has a thin chamois. I clock most of my mileage in CS team kit. Coach went to Kona in the Apex Blade one-piece. I find that kit very comfortable for long distance.

With an Adamo, the chamois is much less critical in my experience, and having less of it might mean less chafing.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you must have the ITU elite suit. That thing has no chamois.

My coach found it fine to do a 70.3 in, I personally put on a slim pair of tri-shorts underneath though I reckon I could have done without it. - the shorts also make chafing on the inner thigh an issue so I lubed up real quick in T2.

She used the same suit for IM UK just this weekend though I'm not sure if she had something underneath as well.

For reference she runs a Cobb saddle and I use an Adamo Road.
Quote Reply
Re: riding without a chamois [Mr.Pie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rode a quick hour with the suit. Felt surprisingly comfortable but i dont have enough confidence that it will stay comfortable throughout the IM. Picked up the Kiwami Konami (after hearing rave reviews). Emailed Oliver who is the (or one of) the reps for Canada and had a response as to fit, sizing, shipping time, and stock in Canada...in under 5 minutes of my email.

AMAZING customer service.

Oliver if you are on here....you are a saint.

Ryan

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
malfara wrote:
Long story short...Tri suit came in and i was super excited until i saw that there was no chamois in the suit!!!

I have an Ironman in under a month so I am...FREAKING OUT!!!
A)this is a very expensive mistake
b)has anyone ever rode without some sort of chamois? would you recommend it for an IM distance race?

In 2004 I did IMFL in compression shorts, no chamois. As I was mounting my bike, I realized I had put the wrong shorts on before the swim under my wetsuit. Initial reaction was, holy crap, my race is over! What an idiot! To that point I had never ridden even one mile without a chamois. I figured I would destroy my whole crotch/man zone, just grind it into a bloody mess. Again, how could I be so careless and dumb? So what ended up happening? Well, I decided to give it a try, see how 5 or 10 miles would go, and probably by mile 3 or 4 I had forgotten about it and never thought of it again. Finished the race, no issues.

So yes, easier to do than one might think.

Ben
Quote Reply
Re: riding without a chamois [benhawn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It did feel great to do 30k on but It is a bit too close to race day to try new things....and get saddle sores that dont heal until after the race.

Ryan

Quote Reply

Prev Next