Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

wind tunnel volunteer needed
Quote | Reply
On September 19th, I am going to be at the A2 wind tunnel, in Mooresville, north of Charolette, North Carolina for testing. I need a rider who is willing to be in the tunnel for several hours during this test. I will be doing specific equipment test but at the end of the testing, you will have been put in a great position and will have learned a lot about bicycle aero. I'll even buy you lunch. You will need to get there on your own, have a descent bike and preferably be 5'7" - 6' tall and not weigh more than 200lbs. The testing will start at 8am and it will hectic and fun and educational. There is a strong chance that you will be featured in some national advertising so if you are in the Witness Protection program, don't come. I realise this is short notice but that is kinda' how free [to you] windtunnel testing goes. Please contact me and we will get everything set up.
Quote Reply
Re: wind tunnel volunteer needed [John Cobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
John-

I'm your man if you can take somebody 6'1", 160 lb with a Titanflex.

PM me if you want to explore further.

Best Regards,

Mike

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
John,
You know I am very close in Winston-Salem, so I'd say I am your man. My bike is that Jamis Xenith

:-)

H
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
John,

Remember to invite Don. I'm sure he'd love to come take pictures.

Jay

High-five myself, no friends.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sent you a pm and email...very interested!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Might be too late, but PM sent.
Quote Reply
Re: wind tunnel volunteer needed [applenutt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello fellow Slowtwitchers... I am closing down the applications and I really appreciate all the quick and sincere answers. Slowtwitch's own Herbert Krabel is going to be my main voluteer for this test but... I am also going to ask Chris Olsen, aka applenut to join us. He has a completely different body /back shape than Herbert and that will help me gather more data. Thanks again to everyone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My fighting weight is currently 193, but I can stop drinking soda and eating chocolate until then.

H
Quote Reply
Re: wind tunnel volunteer needed [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just be sure to bring those "Stallion" Ardennes with you so you don't break a wheel and damage the windtunnel... ;)

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Last edited by: MOP_Mike: Sep 9, 08 19:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dang. Missed it.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: wind tunnel volunteer needed [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
man, thats what I get for going for my run
Quote Reply
Re: wind tunnel volunteer needed [MOP_Mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Just be sure to bring those "Stallion" Ardennes with you so you don't break a wheel and damage the windtunnel... ;)

I think I'll bring the Xentis Mark 1 TT wheels :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's that thing hanging off the back of your seatpost? That is the "dumbass" position clamp.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, it looks like I won't need to make you test with just Blackwell wheels, so if you think those 4 spoke things will hold up.....bring it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

You know, it's very important for the sake of science that you learn what a 6' 200lb rider does in the wind tunnel.
Have any data with a rider of that size? Case closed.

When should I show up?!?!?!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5' 9 157 lbs, toleranant of cold weather. Contact me styrrell@houghtonintl.com if you're interested.

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
John,

I live in Mooresville and would be more then glad to be the volunteer. I am 5-10, 160 LBS. Current Set up p2c ultegra, renn disc, hed 3 front. I also have a 650 c p2k with a renn disc and hed 3 front. Been doing tris for 10 years. IM times 9:32 - 12+ hours.

I would even bring lunch for everyone!

All kidding aside I would love to be the volunteer as everyone else who posted. If you need anything local please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind Regards,
Greg Sheehan
gssheehan@aol.com
Quote Reply