Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: what pedal do you use/ should I use [tryguy67] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a fan of Look pedals. Speedplays are nice if you want the double sided advantage. But the cleats are a beast. You'll tear up any wood floor and gash them all to pieces on concrete.

Quote | Reply
No one can recommend a pedal without actually seeing you on a bike. You need to see a fitter that knows how to fit (foot-pedal) and who has several pedal systems.

If you want the most adjustment – Speedplay Zero 0 is it - could also be Keywin but not many know all the features yet.

In order of adjustability
Speedplay Zero – Keywin
Shimano SL
Look
Time

If you fit a standard pedal (that means only about 30 to 40 percent of you) then any pedal will work but if you are actually fit properly at least 60 percent of the population does not fit a standard pedal.

Here is a cheap course to see for yourself
http://bikefit.medbridgeeducation.com/courses/details/bikefit-foot-pedal-interface
E-mail if you want more info or some tips. Will also offer a discount on the course
Paul@Bikefit.com

Good luck

Swifty

Quote Reply
Re: what pedal do you use/ should I use [mmrocker13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mmrocker13 wrote:
I run a version of SPDs on all of my bikes--one wellgo, two nashbar, and the rest all shimano... assortment of m515, 520, 540. All of them, save one of the Nashbar versions, are MTB pedals. My husband also has spds on his bikes.

Makes life easier when all the bikes and shoes in the household share the same system.

+1.
These pedals were made for the grit of the mountain side, so a little road dust isn't gonna affect the functionality of them at all.

Besides, the Shimano XT/XTR SPD pedals look fierce. Personal opinion here.
In fact, the cageless Shimano SPDs -kinda- look like a chromed-out, buffed-out version of Speedplays.

The only issue is the cleats on road shoes/tri shoes, since the cleats tend to be "chunkier" as they were originally made to be inside recessed MTB shoes. But you shouldn't be walking about on cycling shoes anyway.. *quote some Rule about parking your bike closest to your destination..*

--------------
"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't."
Quote Reply
Re: what pedal do you use/ should I use [imjustin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've run Mavic and speedplay zero's. I like the speedplay the best.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
shimano spd-pedals. I like being able to use mtb shoes to walk around
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use both a Look and a Look licensed Shimano model that uses the same cleat. Both work great but the Shimano seems just a bit nicer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Speed Play Zeros. Super easy to get in and out of. Small for cornering, no hitting the ground in a turn with these.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have only used Shimano SPD and SPD-SL pedals (except the old rat traps back in the day), and I prefer the SL pedals over SPD. The reason is that I never had a consistent release using the SPD system, a problem that resulted in a couple falls when coming to a stop. I changed over the SLs and they are very consistent, and pretty intuitive when it comes to clipping in when starting out. Another advantage is the commonality of the SL system, I have yet to go into any cycling store and not find SL cleats or pedals. That comes in nice should a pedal or a cleat fail on a road trip or on a long ride.
Quote Reply

Prev Next