Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: what is the grade for Sugarloaf in Clermont? [Slow_Nole] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri bike for sure, even with a disc if you have one. There's lots of little climbs in 112 miles, but not enough to use a road bike over a tri bike. When I lived in FL I did that climb in a few times in training for GFT and rode it 3 times in a row and the third time was in a 39-23 seated. Not real fast but it is doable. I'm too big to be a good climber. Take a day or two during your build up to ride the course or parts of it. It'll prepare you mentaly for that hill. It will not make or break your race, its a "blip" in 112 miles.

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: what is the grade for Sugarloaf in Clermont? [KJGrog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmmm....I think I've heard of that before. Something to do with an automatic DNF whenever I enter a race? Something like that? Wink

Personally I'd ride a tri setup for the GFT, no reason to ride a roadie setup. I ride a Hed3 and Renn disc, because I coast past people on the downhills that felt like every hill was a competition for the local Wednesday Night World Championships. Last year coming off of Green Mountain (on 561 behind Sugarloaf) I made nearly a half mile on 2 people because I pushed over the top and then hit a low aero tuck. Coasting at 40-45mph while your competition is sitting up and pushing is fun!

Mad
Quote Reply

Prev Next