Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

what happen to Lokelani McMichael?
Quote | Reply
was she at Hawaii Ironman?
Quote Reply
Re: what happen to Lokelani McMichael? [gsxrawd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Too busy painting her toenails for another photo shoot?

Know that the wife is really pissed at her being on every magazine cover from Inside Triathlete to Men's Health. It's not like she's the only hottie on the tri circuit that we would like to see plastered semi-nude on glossy paper. I can think of several others that I wouldn't mind making the pages sticky with.
Quote Reply
Re: what happen to Lokelani McMichael? [Waterski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, did Lokelani kick your dog or something?

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Re: what happen to Lokelani McMichael? [KEJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She was at start of underpants run but not in her underpants unfortunately she has ran it in past though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nope. Don't know her from Adam or Eve. Just know that it's a touchy subject with the wife, and my friends love to bring it up to hear the tyrade that ensues. I think it's a woman thing. Me, I just want variety in my bathroom "reading" material.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She's actually a nice girl who is an athlete as well as a model. Personally I'd rather see pictures of her than Kate Moss. Your wife should chill out.....kj

Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
She's actually a nice girl who is an athlete as well as a model. Personally I'd rather see pictures of her than Kate Moss. Your wife should chill out.....kj

HA!! I'll tell her you said that!

p.s. I don't like Kate Moss either. Too skinny.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The she'll probably want to kick my ass too....kj

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The wife is really competitive, especially between the start and finish line. She even wouldn't do the "holding hands" thing at the finish line at a race when I caught up to her in the last 100m, as she had started 9 minutes ahead of me. Edged in for the "win".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lokelani is down with TSR so she has to be cool!

I attempted to get TSR a little TV time at Ultraman but they edited it out of the show. Sorry Tibbs.

Dave
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So is she competing with Lokelani for modeling jobs? "Damn that professional model got another magazine cover and here I am sitting in my office (or wherever) again. How dare she make a living". I find it strange when people harbor such anymosity toward someone they don't even know.....kj

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think she raced, but I did see her at the after party at Lulu's!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it's more or less the racing aspect. People see Lokelani on the cover and assume she is one of the winners of IMH, and then they ask my wife if Lokelani is faster than her. Alot of people not in the triathlon circle really don't understand the sport, who is in it, and who they are.

Everyone thinks EVERY race is Ironman distance, even the local sprint is sometime refered to "Ironman" by those who are not informed. My wife is one of the best amateurs in the nation and I'm actually trying to convince her to go pro next year. I mainly think she feels Lokelani steals the limelight from people like Natasha Badmann and the others who will generally remain relatively unknown to the general public, even though they are just as beatiful/strong and do not get as much coverage to the general masses outside of the triathlon circle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The bottom line is Lokelani is a succesful model who is also an age group racer. Add in that she has been in the sport for many years since she started so young. I doubt any of the women who race as pros feel that she is stealing anything from them. She is doing her job. She is not responsible for the general public's lack of information. It seems like there is mis-directed anger here........kj

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not that I'm going to speak for my wife on this, but I know that if I won a race like that, I sure wouldn't want some pretty boy taking all of the magazine covers because he has nice hair and cute dimples. I want my raging pythons and blasted abs all over the cover of Men's Health.

Excuse me, I have to go get some tape now, 'cause I'm ripped!!!

;)
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 If you look at her website it is a modeling site. There is no mention of tri at all really. She doesn't list schedule or results. She is a model who does some racing. It is the same as the exposure they give to the famous people at Kona like the Bachelor guy last year or the guy from JAG this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I won a race like that, I sure wouldn't want some pretty boy taking all of the magazine covers "

Well if Marcus Schenkenberg happens to be racing when you win, chances are he'll get the cover.......kj

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From what I understand, she actually qualified for IM HI this year. In the years past she has received a comped entry from WTC/sponsors. However, this year at Honu, she qualified but when she signed up she neglected to mark the box indicating her desire to take a spot to Kona. Therefore, she was not given the slot. Again, this was told to me by a friend who spoke with her father...he owns Pacific Vibrations surf sona in Kailua-Kona and has been a volunteer/swim course worker for a number of years. Needless to say, I think she was pretty bummed.

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Re: what happen to Lokelani McMichael? [ShawnF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Her first ironman I believe was 1995 and she became the youngest female to finish hawaii at age 18.
Same year Darryl Halley the 300 pound football player raced and they had a number of photo shoots with both of them. Darryl Didn't finish first year 1995
was a bad wind day but following year I believe he finished.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually, Lokelani didn't want to race this year because she's pregnant with our child.

:)
Quote Reply
Re: what happen to Lokelani McMichael? [FeltGood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you too?

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.teamorganicnyc.com
Sponsored by: TBA
Quote Reply