Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

vision mini tt bar
Quote | Reply
Help..... I was given a set of Vision Mini tt bars to put on my road bike, however they DONT have the rubber round end plugs...what can i use instead...
Frank
Quote Reply
Re: vision mini tt bar [roadie25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any standard bar end plug should do the trick. If you need you can also wrap a few lengths of electrical tape around the end of the bar plug that goes into the bars of you need a little extra beef there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The internal diameter is narrower on the mini TT that on traditional bars, so most bar end plugs won't fit. Some do though. I believe I'm using Fizik plugs right now... With a lot of determination (or a hammer) you can make them fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
roadie25 wrote:
Help..... I was given a set of Vision Mini tt bars to put on my road bike, however they DONT have the rubber round end plugs...what can i use instead...
Frank

Many of the bigger US 'ace' hardware stores have quite an assortment of plastic and rubber plugs in their small hardware drawers. Cheap too. You'll likely find some that fit.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: vision mini tt bar [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like I have a visit Home Depot and Ace Hardware in my horizon.....
THANK YOU ALL FOR THE ADVISE !!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Home depot doesn't have much in terms of plugs, I've looked ...

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Traditional plugs, gritty sandpaper and a little time will do the trick as well, if need be.

Ian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wine bottle corks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fizik bar end plugs that come with the tape. I've used those to plug my extensions and drilled them to route shift cables. They fit inside a standard 22.2 bar with a little bit of elbow grease.
Quote Reply
Re: vision mini tt bar [stodr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What I used for a plug I lost. Then used sharpie to make it black to match.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
grabbed some wine corks from the wife's collection ( dont know why she keeps them ) and a sharpie......
LOOKS AWESOME.... and didnt spend ANY $$$$$

Thanks Everyone
Quote Reply