Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

tribike instore testride question
Quote | Reply
Ready for my first dedicated tribike; so, yesterday I spun on a trek speedconcept 9 series, on a trainer, after the kind store dudes worked to provide a quick conservative setup for my powerlifter build. I cycled earlier, and swam that morn, so went in all stretched out. but, the bike scared me. I just felt SO FAR FORWARD and low when getting on the hoods, and felt that I was going to slide forward off the seat when in aero. We changed to a cobb saddle, which helped my arse, but,still, I was not sure that position was sustainable for hours, especially with the sensation of blood rushing to my face. Even with that, My wife's pic showed that I was not forward enough, with elbows 15 degrees in front of my shoulders, even with me scooted all the way forward. On slowtwitch's x-y chart, the sc H2 fit is one of the more conservative-fitting bikes. So I'm stumped. I am getting a formal fitting on trek precision fit thing, with seat pressure monitor, in a few days. Do I just ask them to fit me to a roadbike/clip-ons, or am I still a candidate for a tribike, based on what the x-y results of a fitting will show? I guess what I am asking is: can a new tribike on a trainer, without a lot of custom fitting, feel THAT UNCOMFORTABLE, and is it something you get used to? Thanks, i'm kind of lost, and I appreciate any input.
Quote Reply
Re: tribike instore testride question [docdave1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There isn't somthing like a SC 'H2' fit. H2 is something that Trek uses with their roadbikes.

Just go and see a fitter with experience in triathlon and triathletes. And that have a range of demosaddles from Cobb and ISM among some other models like the Fizik's Mistica.

Good luck and there is for sure a tri bike for you.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: tribike instore testride question [tri-run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you ever ridden a triathlon bike before? If not, then it will be completely different to a road bike.
Last edited by: nickag: Jul 16, 17 7:26
Quote Reply
Re: tribike instore testride question [nickag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no, this is my first tribike. I stay in drops or clipon aerobars on my 8 yr old madone H2 fit, and am fairly comfy, just want more aero features. I had read on slowtwitch that riding in drops on a roadbike would be similar to a tribike feel, but that's not even close. I guess I am just totally surprised by the radically different feel. hoping I can get used to that feel. thanks for your input. getting a formal fitting in 3 days.
Quote Reply