Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

too low saddle and effect on race performance
Quote | Reply
Just a question to satisfy my curiosity. I've been racing CX and yesterday my seatpost slipped, so I was racing with (I think) my saddle at like 69cm compared to a usual height of 75cm. I could definitely feel the burn in my quads, unfortunately don't have a power meter on the bike to know what my effort was but HR wise it seemed lower than my usual race efforts. So my question is, is it possible that a bad fit could make a subthreshold effort feel like more due to over-fatiguing certain muscles?
Quote Reply
Re: too low saddle and effect on race performance [pgp128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes.
Quote Reply
Re: too low saddle and effect on race performance [pgp128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pgp128 wrote:
Just a question to satisfy my curiosity. I've been racing CX and yesterday my seatpost slipped, so I was racing with (I think) my saddle at like 69cm compared to a usual height of 75cm. I could definitely feel the burn in my quads, unfortunately don't have a power meter on the bike to know what my effort was but HR wise it seemed lower than my usual race efforts. So my question is, is it possible that a bad fit could make a subthreshold effort feel like more due to over-fatiguing certain muscles?

Normally going 1 cm to 1 inch lower (or even a tad more) has zero impact on power output assuming you keep your hip angle equivalently open. But 6 cm is a ton and I assume since you did not raise your handlebars to open up your hip angle, it would have affected your ability to generate power.

Dev
Quote Reply