Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
tis the season. tis the season for SavageMan
Quote | Reply
It may now be in the capable hands of Setup Events, but that doesn't change the fact that it's amongst the best triathlon experiences to be had. And the 8th incarnation is coming up this weekend!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3Hv1v9gE_w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRPlNjJoDEs

Quote Reply
Re: tis the season. tis the season for SavageMan [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I miss it every sept. Glad I got my brick, but no images... my wife left the lens cap ON the video camera. I love my wife, but boy was I bummed. Sigh...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kny wrote:
It may now be in the capable hands of Setup Events, but that doesn't change the fact that it's amongst the best triathlon experiences to be had. And the 8th incarnation is coming up this weekend!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3Hv1v9gE_w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRPlNjJoDEs

I was really hoping to make it out this year as I really want to do this race. Unfortunately finishing Ironman Wisconsin prob was too much and I prob need a weekend off. I hope they have great turnout!!!

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kny- any chance you can work some of your DCL magic and keep the rain away?
Quote Reply
Re: tis the season. tis the season for SavageMan [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
I was really hoping to make it out this year as I really want to do this race. Unfortunately finishing Ironman Wisconsin prob was too much and I prob need a weekend off. I hope they have great turnout!!!

The IMLou, IMMOO, SavageMan triple. That would not just be savage, that would be insane.

The hills are not going anywhere, and hopefully, neither is the event.
Quote Reply
Re: tis the season. tis the season for SavageMan [dgatlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dgatlin wrote:
kny- any chance you can work some of your DCL magic and keep the rain away?

Rain is a much bigger concern for the 70.0 on Sunday, and, knock on wood, we're looking good there. Descents are fast for the 30.0 on Saturday, even faster than Sunday, but not technical or dangerous. So, wet roads suck, but particularly so on Sunday. Knock on wood. We had our bad weather day for the Garrett County Gran Fondo this year, so it's certain to be nice!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since setup took over, I was thinking there would be an additional name near the end of the start list... Maybe next year for that (official) brick?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: tis the season. tis the season for SavageMan [Lastcall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The thought has crossed my mind. But, that course is really friggin' hard.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there. Racing the 30 and the 70, both in the open wave. Prize money (or the fact that this race is awesome) looks to have brought out some good competition!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Savage 70.0 was best ass-kicking I have ever received. Kyle, thanks for keeping the finish line open and some food for the slow guys.
Quote Reply
Re: tis the season. tis the season for SavageMan [kyle h] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will be with you in the 70.0 open wave. No prize money will be coming my way. Hopefully top 10.
Quote Reply
Re: tis the season. tis the season for SavageMan [jonahsdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I'm not in the running for a podium, more concerned with hitting the wall before the masses.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kny wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:

The IMLou, IMMOO, SavageMan triple. That would not just be savage, that would be insane.

The hills are not going anywhere, and hopefully, neither is the event.

Next year I'm hoping to do the Survival of the Shawankgunks/Savageman double, assuming they'll be on consecutive weekends like this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in and just happy to be doing it after a partial tear of my right rotator cuff a few weeks ago. I'm the guy that everyone will be passing in the water... but at least I am swimming again!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a question about the run course - how rough are the road surfaces, especially Fire Tower Rd? The website describes it as so:
The majority of the run course is on paved roads with about one mile per loop on smooth gravel and a short stint up and down the rough Fire Tower Rd.

I am obviously not worried about the paved/smooth gravel, but how long are we on Fire Tower Rd? How rough is it and what is the surface? As a point of reference, I run around Central PA, and I would not consider using Kinvaras on the trails in Rothrock State Forest or similar type running conditions, but I would like to use them on Sunday.

Thanks
John
Quote Reply
Re: tis the season. tis the season for SavageMan [frosty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fire tower road is short and steep. you go up and back down, twice.

It is a bit rocky in the middle but you can stay to the sides and be on dirt.

frosty wrote:
I have a question about the run course - how rough are the road surfaces, especially Fire Tower Rd? The website describes it as so:
The majority of the run course is on paved roads with about one mile per loop on smooth gravel and a short stint up and down the rough Fire Tower Rd.

I am obviously not worried about the paved/smooth gravel, but how long are we on Fire Tower Rd? How rough is it and what is the surface? As a point of reference, I run around Central PA, and I would not consider using Kinvaras on the trails in Rothrock State Forest or similar type running conditions, but I would like to use them on Sunday.

Thanks
John

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: tis the season. tis the season for SavageMan [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! So we are talking less than a mile on the road each time?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kinvaras it is then! Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1/4 mile up to turnaround at 12%, then back down. The road is very runnable. It's been improved since jackmott did it. Folks used to use the rough condition of the trail as an excuse for walking; that excuse is gone. It's hard. But bearably short. There are large humps in the road that they put in for drainage purposes. Kind of messes up going down, but it's not like you're going to just open up the throttle and go down full bore anyway.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wet and cold today. Gonna be dry but really cold tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Re: tis the season. tis the season for SavageMan [jonahsdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gonna be a bit cold descending to Westernport, but pretty much going to be a perfect day for racing. A far cry from the poor folks freezing and soaking in the SavageMan 30.0 today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A little bit cold is perfect there. A few minutes of discomfort but you will be warm once you get to westernport and start climbing for an hour.

kny wrote:
Gonna be a bit cold descending to Westernport, but pretty much going to be a perfect day for racing. A far cry from the poor folks freezing and soaking in the SavageMan 30.0 today.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was pretty brisk here (in lower Hudson Valley, NY) this am , 47 degs out. BRRR!

I'd imagine it was quite nipply at SM today, but that's the norm. The water was probably perfect temp.
Wear a jacket on the bike thru the Westernport Wall, then ditch it at the aid station/drop zone right after that, and it's pretty much perfect temps for the rest of the race.

Good luck to all the racers! Rubber-side down, and get that brick!!

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply

Prev Next