Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

tire residue on floor under trainer
Quote | Reply
After a 90 minute session this morning I found tire residue under the trainer (see attached). I've used the trainer probably 200 times, setting it up the same as always, and have never had this before. This was on a Conti 4000 GP. What did I evidently do different this time?
Last edited by: MKATC: Oct 25, 16 14:20
Quote Reply
Re: tire residue on floor under trainer [MKATC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you pump your tires? Tires wear on your trainer just like they do outside and residue is normal.
Quote Reply
Re: tire residue on floor under trainer [1poseur1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1poseur1 wrote:
Did you pump your tires? Tires wear on your trainer just like they do outside and residue is normal.

thanks

I found the residue when I went out for a ride this afternoon. Checked the pressure before hitting the road and they were at 110psi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure what you did different this time was to notice the residue. :) That's pretty normal especially with a softer tire like the GP4000. Eventually the tire will square off.

I use older GP4000s on the trainer too. In the garage so no worries about the rubber spray. Hot water heater is behind me and its white surface is noticeably sprayed by rubber.

My GP4000s go through this lifecycle: racing > training outside > indoor trainer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty normal. Mine builds up on the legs of KK trainer.

Twitter@Forsey37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I generally use a trainer tire. It's much quieter and doesn't shed.
Quote Reply